Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 2, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,246 of 4,535
...I wonder why the box looks different than the one posted above. Mine is in black while the one at the top is in white. Small matter as this thing sounds absolutely superb for the price. Very comfortable too, miles better than the Beyerdynamic T1.

Top marks for the Pro 82.
Black box means 1.6m cable and no 3.5/6.5mm adapter, white box means 2.2m cable with 3.5/6.5mm adapter
Headphones themselves didn't change, except for a different paint job on the driver.

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #1,247 of 4,535
What kind of equipment / chain you are using? Do you prefer Pro82 to S680 for bass heavy music or not?

I driving the headphones directly from my LG V20. I don't listen to music with too much heavy bass but for bass-orientated music I surely feel the Pro 82 to be on a higher level. In actual fact I do think the Pro 82 is superior to the S680 in all areas. The bass of the S680 is full and fat while the bass on he Pro 82 is leaner and goes deeper. There is better definition and texture in the bass with the Pro 82. With the S680 it's like a "one-note" bass, a fat-sounding bass. The Pro 82's bass is layered and textured. Basically a better bass definition with the Pro 82 whereby you can hear the deep-bass and sub-bass layering.

There is better clarity across the frequency spectrum with the Pro 82. In short, the Pro 82 made the S680 sounds fuzzy as if a heavy Dolby NR was applied but not in a good way. After listening to the Pro 82 for just about an hour, I now find the S680 to be severely lacking in clarity and detail. It's just a smooth sound from the S680 but there is a lot of detail missing in the background.

The comfort on the Pro 82 is also worth mentioning as it feels very comfortable on the head. Finally I have found a pair of headphones that can stay on my head for 1 hour without taking them off. However, they still need to be taken off due to the heat build-up around th ears. After a rather long listening session yesterday (almost an hour), the pads have a little sweat around it.

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #1,250 of 4,535
Which is supposed to be a "newer" model? What sort of different paint job is it between the versions? Thanks.
The black box is the "newer" version. Headphones are the same in both versions, only cable/adapter changed.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #1,251 of 4,535
Just cotton around the back side of the cup under the cushion (does not require taking pad off). I've seen people use hair curlers or rolled up paper towel. I remember reading some one used RG6 (coax). Basically doesn't matter how you do it.

DoVdGd8m.jpg

Shout out to @Random54 for the mods :beerchug:

This mod really elevates the Pro 82 to another level! I never had an issue with a slight forward mids but this mod brings more natural sound and space to the mids. Overall, it gives better body to the mids and more controlled bass yet, no trade offs. Just better! I just used two rolled paper towels and placed them at the back of the pads. I had an issue earlier as the foams that I had in the cups were not in its place. It kept moving when I tried to shove the paper towel. Comfort wise, it is more comfy as it adds more space in the cups. So far, I really love the mods. It doesn't sacrifice anything just a better headphone.

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #1,252 of 4,535
The black box is the "newer" version. Headphones are the same in both versions, only cable/adapter changed.

What's the source for this information?

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #1,254 of 4,535
He has direct contact with TakstarAudio store which is Takstar's official store...

How exactly do we know that it's Takstar's official store? I've used Aliexpress a lot and seen many brands having their name included in store names to look "official" but obviously they can't all be that.

I'm just trying to find how legitimate the "facts" that's posted here (and pretty much all come from the same source) are. Especially since this same store is pushed extremely hard here and I bought my pair from them as well and it's obviously different (as are several other seems to be) than the pair in the OP from the same place.....

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #1,256 of 4,535
How exactly do we know that it's Takstar's official store? I've used Aliexpress a lot and seen many brands having their name included in store names to look "official" but obviously they can't all be that.

I'm just trying to find how legitimate the "facts" that's posted here (and pretty much all come from the same source) are. Especially since this same store is pushed extremely hard here and I bought my pair from them as well and it's obviously different (as are several other seems to be) than the pair in the OP from the same place.....

They do seem to be a very reliable store, at least from what I've seen reported here, and their Ali Express rating is pretty high, but I do wonder if they are truly an "official" Takstar store since Takstar's site itself does say this at http://www.takstar.com/en/service/support-8 :

Please note that Takstar does not currently transact product sales directly to end-users outside of China. If you would like to purchase a Takstar product, please contact your nearest Authorized Distribution Centre listed as follows.

And the list that follows does not include that Ali Express store. :frowning2:

On the other hand, Grado doesn't sell headphones directly from their web site, but they do have an "official Grado store" online, and that's 4OurEars (4OurEars.net), so maybe it's something similar to that, except that on Grado Lab's website, they do have BUY buttons on their individual product pages that then directly link to the purchase page on 4OurEars.net for that product.

Feb 3, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #1,257 of 4,535
They do seem to be a very reliable store, at least from what I've seen reported here, and their Ali Express rating is pretty high, but I do wonder if they are truly an "official" Takstar store since Takstar's site itself does say this at http://www.takstar.com/en/service/support-8 :

Please note that Takstar does not currently transact product sales directly to end-users outside of China. If you would like to purchase a Takstar product, please contact your nearest Authorized Distribution Centre listed as follows.

On the other hand, Grado doesn't sell headphones directly from their web site, but they do have an "official Grado store" online, and that's 4OurEars (4OurEars.net), so maybe it's something similar to that, except that on Grado Lab's website, they do have BUY buttons on their individual product pages that then directly link to the purchase page on 4OurEars.net for that product.

Maybe or maybe they're just a Aliexpress store maximizing sales, this thread sure come across as a commercial for them.

I'm personally having stronger demands for something to be considered a fact than a message from a random Aliexpress store (good or not) repeated by a random user on a internet forum. To be completely honest i find a lot of things stated about the Pro82 to be questionable from my experience.

I did try the mod with the cotton under the pads and some pad rolling this morning and dynamics are still severely lacking as is subbass impact. This was from the Opus#1S that's very dynamic and with great bass impact.

I really hope that some experienced reviewers get a chance to try these out to hear what they think about them. Actually I might even donate my pair if anyone I'm familiar with the work from are interested in putting them through their paces.....

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #1,258 of 4,535
Hello everyone, ordered mine from ebay because of this thread and the review for them. I also bought FiiO E06 from ebay. The only thing I am wondering is the difference between ELE EL-D02 and ELE EL-D01? Why is ELE EL-D01 considered to be a better pairing with FiiO E06 then ELE EL-D02?

First time buying some audiophile headphones and also the DAC and amp. All thanks to this thread and you guys. So thank you all :)

Feb 3, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,260 of 4,535

I don't know exactly what is the nature of relationship between the TakstarAudio store and Taskstar, and I don't care.
What I do care about is:
1) They get new Pro 82 stock before others
2) They don't fake-send Pro 82s they don't have, like some other stores:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-30#post-13871997
3) They do a fantastic job packaging the headphones safely, which isn't always true for others:
10053039.png

4) They do have a line of communication with the Takstar factory.
5) They listen to their customers
6) They communicate in proper English, and not through Google Translate
7) They test the headphones prior to sending them out. Of course, they don't test them as rigorously as we do, but they can catch the most obvious flaws.
8) They are the only ones offering exclusive discounts/promotions for Head-Fi members

As long as the above points continue to be true, I'll keep buying from them.

As for http://www.takstar.com/en/service/support-8 , they can't be there, because they are neither "international" nor a "distributor".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back