Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 19, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #1,036 of 4,535
IMG_1591(1).jpg
BenF here is a photo you asked for, It is dark here apology's for the picture quality.

The pair on the right are thicker at the bottom of my ear making a much better seal then the pair on the left.

Both bought from Headphoniaks, I got the left pair first so it is not as if they sound bad at all as I bought a second pair because they are THAT good, it just a better seal so I just boost 30 slightly on my EQ now where I used to boost it a little higher with the first pair.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #1,037 of 4,535
BenF here is a photo you asked for, It is dark here apology's for the picture quality.

The pair on the right are thicker at the bottom of my ear making a much better seal then the pair on the left.

Both bought from Headphoniaks, I got the left pair first so it is not as if they sound bad at all as I bought a second pair because they are THAT good, it just a better seal so I just boost 30 slightly on my EQ now where I used to boost it a little higher with the first pair.

A picture paints a thousand words. One pair surely has much thicker pads than the other one. The difference was marked even by looking at the photos. I wonder how Takstar is doing the QAQC at their factory when they produce these headphones.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #1,038 of 4,535
This is exactly my impression as well (I'm now using the Opus #1 with the same result), with higher volume there's some dynamics but the sound doesn't hold together well and it's also louder than I'd like to listen. It's still a noticeable lack of subbass.

Yeah fit comfort and build quality seems good to me as well.

I will probably get the headphones late next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will live up to my expectations with my V20. Knowing by own standards (I find the JVC HA-S680 to sound pretty good with the V20), I think the Pro 82 will not disappoint.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #1,039 of 4,535
A picture paints a thousand words. One pair surely has much thicker pads than the other one. The difference was marked even by looking at the photos. I wonder how Takstar is doing the QAQC at their factory when they produce these headphones.

Although it's hard to tell from the picture I believe my pads are similar to the ones on the left pair. I've got a small head so maybe it's indeed a bad seal although it doesn't feel that way.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #1,040 of 4,535
I will probably get the headphones late next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will live up to my expectations with my V20. Knowing by own standards (I find the JVC HA-S680 to sound pretty good with the V20), I think the Pro 82 will not disappoint.

I wouldn't worry about the source as they're quite easy to drive so the V20 should be more than sufficient.

I'm also starting to wonder about the QC....

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #1,041 of 4,535

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #1,042 of 4,535

I am enjoying them daily with my Xiaomi A1, the sound is wonderful, so you should not fear anything, you will even have a better experience with your V20

Jan 19, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #1,043 of 4,535
They seal better as they are deeper a touch, the bottom of the pad makes a better seal, its not a major issue they still both sound great.

The T1's and the Phillips X2 both have this sounds disjointed from the rest like instruments out on their own which I love but the vocals on the X2 are muddy and the T1 doesn't have the dynamics or bass of the Pro 82's for me both sound harsh when the music gets intense / a lot going on after listening to the Pro 82.

The Pro 82 has a full and wide image like watching a full screen picture, the other two are like watching on 3 monitors. this is where a lot of people will see this as a floor after many sound stage headphones doing this weird fake imaging.

Do I like this fake imaging sure, but I really like true imaging at the moment especially for gaming, these things are pin point with Dolby surround.

Jan 19, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #1,044 of 4,535
They seal better as they are deeper a touch, the bottom of the pad makes a better seal, its not a major issue they still both sound great.

The T1's and the Phillips X2 both have this sounds disjointed from the rest like instruments out on their own which I love but the vocals on the X2 are muddy and the T1 doesn't have the dynamics or bass of the Pro 82's for me both sound harsh when the music gets intense / a lot going on after listening to the Pro 82.

The Pro 82 has a full and wide image like watching a full screen picture, the other two are like watching on 3 monitors. this is where a lot of people will see this as a floor after many sound stage headphones doing this weird fake imaging.

Do I like this fake imaging sure, but I really like true imaging at the moment especially for gaming, these things are pin point with Dolby surround.

Are you seriously saying that you prefer the vocals (and even total fidelity?) on the Pro82 over the X2's?

If so we definitely have very different preferences.......

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #1,045 of 4,535
Vocals on X2 is better than pro-82 to my ears.
X2 is closer to He-500 with slower speed, which is known to have excellent vocals.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,046 of 4,535

Thank you for the picture!
I keep looking at it, and if you didn't say which ones are thicker, I don't think I would dare to guess. The one on the right looks slightly thicker than the other 3, but that's probably due to an a different angle.
What you are probably experiencing is pad compression - the first pair was used more, so the pads have compressed a little compared to the newer pair.
This is perfectly normal for pads (any pads), and explains why the newer pair sounds slightly bassier.

And of course, the difference in sound between your pairs is nowhere near what peter123 describes:
...I'd go as far as saying that these are the least dynamic headphones I've ever heard.
...The subbass is practically non existing (without using the terrible implemented bass boost) and the midrange is, without a doubt, more recessed than on the Pro80.

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,048 of 4,535
Hey guys i bite the bullet and ordered a pro 82 from aliexpress, it's my first pair of can after the longest time. I mainly use iem these days because none of the headphone i ever tried is comfortable enough for long session, since my ears are quite sensitive and it sweats profusely whenever i use headphone. Use to own the M50 (which i barely use due to the clamping force), bose soundlink bluetooth(famous for being comfortable but still gave me sweaty ears). So how much of an improvement is the Pro 82 compare to them? Will glasses affects the comfort at all? Hopefully pro 82 is the answer to my weirdly shape head.

ps : my first post on head-fi, please be gentle with me

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,049 of 4,535
Hey guys i bite the bullet and ordered a pro 82 from aliexpress, it's my first pair of can after the longest time. I mainly use iem these days because none of the headphone i ever tried is comfortable enough for long session, since my ears are quite sensitive and it sweats profusely whenever i use headphone. Use to own the M50 (which i barely use due to the clamping force), bose soundlink bluetooth(famous for being comfortable but still gave me sweaty ears). So how much of an improvement is the Pro 82 compare to them? Will glasses affects the comfort at all? Hopefully pro 82 is the answer to my weirdly shape head.

ps : my first post on head-fi, please be gentle with me
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Given the warm and humid climate you live in, closed headphones aren't the best choice for you.
Pro 82 is great comfort-wise, but you'll still be sweating.
Hope you'll like them none-the-less!

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #1,050 of 4,535
Thank you for the picture!
I keep looking at it, and if you didn't say which ones are thicker, I don't think I would dare to guess. The one on the right looks slightly thicker than the other 3, but that's probably due to an a different angle.
What you are probably experiencing is pad compression - the first pair was used more, so the pads have compressed a little compared to the newer pair.
This is perfectly normal for pads (any pads), and explains why the newer pair sounds slightly bassier.

And of course, the difference in sound between your pairs is nowhere near what peter123 describes:
The newer pair have more padding at the base of the ear / neck, the first pairs pads are in the same condition as they were when I got them a month ago they are thinner at the bottom of the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back