Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 17, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,321 of 4,535
Hi friends. Could you please update the coupon codes?
Also, on the store page(for Taks 82) you recommend, there's review with a picture that shows that their box is white! Not only that, the item page itself has a picture of a white box on it. I thought v2 have the black one.
Cheers.

Sep 19, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #4,322 of 4,535
Just picked up a pair off Amazon, via the official store... They are black and came in the white cardboard box. I cannot remove the earpads easily to confirm, and find they are a bit treble heavy and wondered if I got the old version? They are nice headphones and if the V2 is less hot, I would still pursue those, but if these are "new versions" I have, the sound isn't for me maybe?

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #4,324 of 4,535
Sep 19, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #4,325 of 4,535
Those who wanted to buy a genuine silver Pro 82 for cheap - good news!
Currently the official Takstar store's(aliexpress) price is almost the same as Takstar Audio's. Though you gotta press buy(the first one) to see the cheaper(real) price, for some reason.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004545816917.html

Mine is black, came in a white box with 1.6m cable. Seems to be V2 judging by the dip at 4,5kHz. This site has a few info on V1 vs V2 differences:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/takstar-pro-82/
Wow, lots of cool info in that one.
That anti-fake site he linked(the official one) is underrated.
http://english.t3315.com/

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #4,326 of 4,535
Hi friends. Could you please update the coupon codes?
Also, on the store page(for Taks 82) you recommend, there's review with a picture that shows that their box is white! Not only that, the item page itself has a picture of a white box on it. I thought v2 have the black one.
Cheers.
New coupons are available in the first post.
Eliie has provided larger savings this time - check them out!

Don't worry about the pictures, TakstarAudio has the v2 for sure.

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #4,327 of 4,535
New coupons are available in the first post.
Eliie has provided larger savings this time - check them out!

Don't worry about the pictures, TakstarAudio has the v2 for sure.
Got it, thanks. I didn't research 82's long enough to see that there are only white boxes nowadays.
Already bought from the official store, though =)
btw, on youtube, there's a recent vid called "Takstar pro 82 is bad" - anyone care to comment? Did he get a fake one perhaps? He ranked them together with an Audeze, so it's quite good enough still.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #4,329 of 4,535
Sep 20, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #4,331 of 4,535
Mine were 32ohms, not sure if V1 or V2 other than that check, but there was a bit of a mismatch and one side seemed more present... regardless, the highs were a bit much for me. I've initiated return. Not sure if I try the AliExpress links or move on to another closed back.

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #4,332 of 4,535
Just picked up a pair off Amazon, via the official store... They are black and came in the white cardboard box. I cannot remove the earpads easily to confirm, and find they are a bit treble heavy and wondered if I got the old version? They are nice headphones and if the V2 is less hot, I would still pursue those, but if these are "new versions" I have, the sound isn't for me maybe?
32 Ohm and hot treble - V1.

Mine were 32ohms, not sure if V1 or V2 other than that check, but there was a bit of a mismatch and one side seemed more present... regardless, the highs were a bit much for me. I've initiated return. Not sure if I try the AliExpress links or move on to another closed back.
I had left/right balance issues with a couple Pro82s that I bought from other Ali stores (not TakstarAudio) - could be "nightshift" versions, or V1 that failed QA - this could explain low prices.

Get yourself a proper V2.

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #4,333 of 4,535
32 Ohm and hot treble - V1.

I had left/right balance issues with a couple Pro82s that I bought from other Ali stores (not TakstarAudio) - could be "nightshift" versions, or V1 that failed QA - this could explain low prices.

Get yourself a proper V2.

Am tempted for sure... Also considering upping my budget some and entertaining other options. They were comfy tho, and definitely felt promising, but the sound was too harsh for sure.

I got mine off Amazon from Takstar Official... Guess they are old stock. Shame as they were a good price but not so crazy that I thought they'd be inferior quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back