1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by heavyharmonies, Apr 12, 2019.
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. Miiksu
    @MarCo7 This headphone is very sensitivie, easily drived. On mobile phones and laptops.

MarCo7 likes this.
  2. Sourcesys
    First impression with the chinese HM5 hybrids pads: Darker than my HE-500 and more subbass. The soundstage is smaller. I dont know if I like it. Need more impressions

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Moochibond likes this.
  3. Miiksu
    These China HM5 pads lowers middle so it can get too dry if not done some modifications to the cushions. I like it when fixed with mods.Original pads give u more middle and make sub bass more distance. But it's not perfect and I have more pads coming...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  4. Beagle
    I'm looking for a dark headphone, on the smooth side. Would this fit the bill?

5. Miiksu
    Not really... This is bright and quite balanced sounding headphone at the beginning. But after some modifications it has seriously smooth middle to treble and slightly lowered middle to treble. Maybe a bit heavy sounding on the bass but not I could say a dark.

6. NotKunvinced
    How big are the ear openings in the pads? I'm looking for something approaching 75mm tall by 50mm wide.

7. Roderick
    I'd say these are about as smooth/dark as hd650. For darker planars I'd go for Aeon Flow Open or Brainwavz Alara. But compared to anything by Hifiman, Takstar is definately on the dark/smooth side. For dynamics iBasso SR1 is slightly darker, Ollo S4 bit more and Audioquest nighthawk is the extreme (that I find listenable).

trellus and Beagle like this.
  8. Beagle
    I'm looking for something much darker than the Nighthawk. Any suggestions?

9. D3soLaT3
    I owned a pair of Ultrasone Performance 840s that were the darkest headphone I've ever heard. Nothing comes close. Great for EDM and contemporary music.

trellus likes this.
  10. stimuz
    can confirm, my amp and tablet seem comparable. a lot of the new planars are extremely efficient.

MarCo7 likes this.
  11. Miiksu
    China HM5 65x40mm, originals 60x40mm. Very rough measurements

You can get this guite dark sounding with China HM5 pads and add cover the front of the driver with fabric tape.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    NotKunvinced likes this.
  12. NotKunvinced
    Excellent, thank you for your reply. I might be able to squeeze into those HM5 pads.

13. stimuz
    Yeah, not a fan of the Chinese hybrids. They're pretty cheaply made compared to the cloth ..sorta hybrids and not very comfortable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Foa...-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-for/32916697818.html These I'm a fan of and the angled HM5 brainwavz sheepskin.

NotKunvinced likes this.
  14. Sourcesys
    Do the aliexpress pads that you linked change the sound? It really seems that the chinese hybrids lower 2k-4k by to much. The headphone sounds to dark imo compared to my he-500.

15. stimuz
    All earpad swaps change sound, but I don't have measurements. The deeper ones do seem to darken em up though.

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last