Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
May 13, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #226 of 1,250
On the flip side, when you pay an amount you feel financially like most people with $600-$3000 headphones you tend to rationalize the purchase more than something that costs $180(or less), especially if you feel that the cheaper purchase makes other parts of your collection redundant. Either way, hope the OEM for the drivers keeps making exciting new stuff, even if its a pain in the ass to discover what its in.

Hope that sooner or later we will find out who's the OEM. I think it's Takstar themselves. They sure have the means and experience to develop and manufacture something like this.

May 13, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #228 of 1,250
How are you guys seeing the Takstar HF 580 in Aliexpress? I have purchased from Aliexpress before, but every time I do a search for the 580 on Aliexpress It doesn't come up. Also tried Gearbest and Penon with no luck.

May 13, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #229 of 1,250
How are you guys seeing the Takstar HF 580 in Aliexpress? I have purchased from Aliexpress before, but every time I do a search for the 580 on Aliexpress It doesn't come up. Also tried Gearbest and Penon with no luck.

It's out of stock at the moment, which is why it isn't showing up in searches.

May 13, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #230 of 1,250
Are there two layers of foam? - a black oval piece that covers the center of the driver and a grey ring to cover the edges?
One layer. I'm gonna do some back dampering when I have time. Need to see if I can smooth out frequencies and not lose much of the sensitivity and I think gonna give that bass extra kick.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #231 of 1,250
Tried to realign the driver by loosening and tightening the screws that keep the driver assembly together. Can't say it fixed the balance issue. I still hear the left driver a bit louder than the right. I do feel that this procedure tightened the bass and made it punchier.

May 13, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #232 of 1,250
Tried to realign the driver by loosening and tightening the screws that keep the driver assembly together. Can't say it fixed the balance issue. I still hear the left driver a bit louder than the right. I do feel that this procedure tightened the bass and made it punchier.
Did you get the Hi 3050 model or wait for the HF 580?

May 13, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #234 of 1,250
HI 3050. I don't think anyone has yet to receive the HF 580.
I'm scheduled to receive the HF 580 on Wednesday. From posts on Aliexpress, looks like the 580s come with retail packaging and hopefully they fixed some of the issues with the Chinese variant.

Attachments

• -21061566381812532903.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0
  • -21061566381727937121.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #235 of 1,250
UTB8Se2Utn_IXKJkSalUq6yBzVXaC.jpg
UTB8rkZXtevJXKJkSajhq6A7aFXaK.jpg
UTB8tAZXtevJXKJkSajhq6A7aFXaE.jpg

Pictures from a review on Aliexpress for anyone interested. Retail box, contents, and specs. I'll post my own pics hopefully this Wednesday.

May 13, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #236 of 1,250
Did check it to against the sunlight or strong light if the planar pattern is visible same amount on every corner?

Hmm. I kinda found solution to the 800-900 Hz ringing but its stupid to do. You have to add alot dampering to inside and tape completely the back grill but then you get 2kHz ringing and upper frequencies are not clean anymore. But I may do some light dampering to inside and keep the tape on the front and flip to vertical. I need now sleep I'll be back tomorrow with something :)

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #237 of 1,250
Pictures from a review on Aliexpress for anyone interested. Retail box, contents, and specs. I'll post my own pics hopefully this Wednesday.

Other than a printed outer sleeve as opposed to blank, the contents look identical to the HI-3050 kit I posted pics of earlier in the thread.

May 13, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #238 of 1,250
Did check it to against the sunlight or strong light if the planar pattern is visible same amount on every corner?

Hmm. I kinda found solution to the 800-900 Hz ringing but its stupid to do. You have to add alot dampering to inside and tape completely the back grill but then you get 2kHz ringing and upper frequencies are not clean anymore. But I may do some light dampering to inside and keep the tape on the front and flip to vertical. I need now sleep I'll be back tomorrow with something :)

I don't understand exactly what you mean by "same amount on every corner". It only has one way to go and that's closer to gather or further apart.

May 13, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #239 of 1,250
I don't understand exactly what you mean by "same amount on every corner". It only has one way to go and that's closer to gather or further apart.
Its possible to move those two black plastic frames 1 mm, when all screws is loosened. Easier if you take four screws off. I would explain it better if my english could be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back