Takstar 2050 vs Ath Ad700
May 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aappss01

New Head-Fier
Okay let me start off by saying in really new to the headfi scene. I'm using a fiio e11 paired with koss pro dj100's and I'm looking to upgrade. I find the koss phones to be uncomfortable and I just don't enjoy their sound. I had originally thought about getting the Ath Ad700's until I saw the initial impression thread on the Takstar 2050's. They look very comfortable and well built. I mainly use my headphones for music, paired with some LIGHT gaming. I listen to rock, metal, alternative, rap, and sometimes folk. A lot of folk metal. Which would you guys recommend? The cheap price of the Takstar is very appealing compared to the ad700 as id like to keep it under 100$.

Thanks, aappss01.

May 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Okay let me start off by saying in really new to the headfi scene. I'm using a fiio e11 paired with koss pro dj100's and I'm looking to upgrade. I find the koss phones to be uncomfortable and I just don't enjoy their sound. I had originally thought about getting the Ath Ad700's until I saw the initial impression thread on the Takstar 2050's. They look very comfortable and well built. I mainly use my headphones for music, paired with some LIGHT gaming. I listen to rock, metal, alternative, rap, and sometimes folk. A lot of folk metal. Which would you guys recommend? The cheap price of the Takstar is very appealing compared to the ad700 as id like to keep it under 100$.
Thanks, aappss01.

The ATH-AD700 lack of any real bass is a turn off to me for music and movies.
I never use my ATH-AD700 anymore.
I found on eBay the seller Keny-lin has the best price for the Hi 2050, for a 20-30 day delivery time.
(So my HI2050s should be arriving in 15 to 20 days)
For about $15 more then Keny-lin, the Internet seller Seaben, will have it shipped to you in 10 days or less.
For about $35 more then Keny-lin, Seaben will have it to you in 6 days or less.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 5
You have both the Samson SR850 and SR 2050, which is better for you in sound, comfort and construction?

Quote:
The ATH-AD700 lack of any real bass is a turn off to me for music and movies.
I never use my ATH-AD700 anymore.
I found on eBay the seller Keny-lin has the best price for the Hi 2050, for a 20-30 day delivery time.
(So my HI2050s should be arriving in 15 to 20 days)
For about $15 more then Keny-lin, the Internet seller Seaben, will have it shipped to you in 10 days or less.
For about $35 more then Keny-lin, Seaben will have it to you in 6 days or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back