Taking Monday off for headphones :)
Apr 23, 2004 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gort

100+ Head-Fier
My headphone system is finally complete! I've been anxiously waiting for my new source (Marantz 8260) to arrive all week and is here! Here's my system: Marantz -> X-Can V3 -> HD600. WOW
eek.gif
Even without burning in the Marantz my CDs sound lot better. Must.. press... the... stop... button... but I can't.
frown.gif
Sad, I really have to take care of something but my hands won't let me remove the headphone. Solution? Promised my hands I'll take a day off Monday to listen to headphones all day.

Anyone else took a day off for headphone gear?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #2 of 8
Congrats on the arrival of the new baby. I have heard a lot fo good things about that Marantz, and almost got one myself. Nice choice.

I haven't taken off for an entire day, but plan to when the new CDP and Weebl arrive. It may even be two or three days once the Weebl arrives as I have been waiting for a while for it.

Apr 24, 2004 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 8
Glad I am not alone with headphone insanity. My head still feels numb spending so much for a CDP. No more McFlurries, Basket Robins, Ben and Jerry's, and eating out for a while. Guess my fave food.
tongue.gif
Good thing I know how to cook and it costs under $1 per meal.

And Serving, Marantz will be at the LA meet. We have all the formats covered except DVD-A.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 8
Yep, if anyone's seen my PPA countdown in my sig. WHICH FINISHED TODAY!!!!
biggrin.gif
(just waiting for it to be shipped now
wink.gif
) then you'll know of my seven weeks of suffering. When that little sucker arrives, which will also allow me to listen to my new Arcam for the first time
eggosmile.gif
I'm taking a whole looooog day off (possibly two) just to kick back, close my eyes and listen to the music....aaahhh...I feel great just writing that!!..and no, I don't care if the amp won't be burnt in yet...I'm burnt ruddy in and that's all that's all I care about now..
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm opposite. I've placed most of my headphone rigs at my office so I work longer hours than anyone else
wink.gif
Not bad considering my job sort of requires me to work 80+ hours a week.

Apr 25, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 8
After my epiphany at the chicago meet I have come to realize that my headphones are pretty damned good. I have a decent Mieir corda amp which loses to the big boys but not by much. The problem? My source sucks. I have an old pioneer multi-player which is simply not up to the task. It is my weakest link. My God, the Meridians sounded awesome at that meet. I'll probably reach for a NAD though because I am, unfortunately, a poor man.

Apr 25, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 8
LOL! This is now my PMA (positive mental attitude) thread...every time I enter this thread it makes me feel better about my wait.....AAAAGGHHHH!!!
eggosmile.gif
Hmm....ok, it worked the first time, at least
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back