TakeT BPP Portable Supertweeter and H2+ Headphone - Head-Fi TV, Episode 010
Aug 8, 2011 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

In Episode 010 of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at a couple of enigmatic products from an enigmatic Japanese designer and company. The BPP is a portable supertweeter for headphone listening. The H2+ is a headphone with Heil-type polymer piezoelectric drivers and supertweeters. (We also look at the H2+'s companion TR2 transformer box.)

This episode is brought to you by CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audiofest and Rocky Mountain Audiofest.  Find out more about the best high-end headphone show in the world by visiting http://www.canjam.org

Products mentioned in the video:

1. TakeT BPP portable supertweeter
  2. TakeT H2+ Heil-type polymer piezoelectric headphone
  3. TakeT TR2 companion transformer box for TakeT H2+ headphone
  4. Fostex HP-A3 USB-bus-powered DAC and headphone amplifier
  5. Fostex HP-P1 portable digital iPod/iPhone/iPad DAC and headphone amplifier
  6. Sennheiser HD 800 headphone
  7. Sennheiser HD 650 headphone
  8. Sonic Studio Amarra computer music player software

Head-Fi TV Episode 010 produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 79
Neat concept!

I can imagine a set of mounted mini speakers that stick to the side of your jaw just below your ears that could use this idea.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 79
I keep sayin', we're one step away from a halo neck brace style (the kind that bolt into your head) with transducers to put the sound directly into our skull. Well... maybe something slightly less extreme... but I wouldn't be surprised if something subdermal comes out within a decade.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 79
wow.  makes the K1000 look normal

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 79

Quote:
Head-Fi TV is covering too many niche/boutique products. How about more mainstream products for the typical head-fi'er in future episodes?

Like the ones that almost everyone has experience with? What's the point in that? Just ask anybody on the forums for average stuff.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #10 of 79

Quote:
Head-Fi TV is covering too many niche/boutique products. How about more mainstream products for the typical head-fi'er in future episodes?

We'll continue to cover more mainstream products, in addition to the Head-Fi'ers-are-the-only-ones-who'll-get-this stuff.

I just don't think you'll ever see the likes of the TakeT H2+ covered on CNET's videos, or any other video channel for that matter--that is why we must.
biggrin.gif

I think the next episode has more non-mainstream stuff, too, so you might want to avoid Episode 011.

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 79
Yes, we need more fringe products, Average Joe went for the "fringe" products, and discovered pure awesomeness out there for the Custom IEM seeker (the Fabs in the works for me, I wouldn't have found out about them any other way) 
So "fringe" away Mr. Jude, dig us up those hidden gems!!!

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 79
Cool stuff Jude. Do you really need the TR2 for the H2+ or could you drive it directly from a speaker amp? And what about the pairing of the TR2 with a speaker amp, does it improve as you go up to a higher quality speaker amp?

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #15 of 79
Good to see reviews of not that common technology. By the way- was there any difference whether the tweeter flaps were opened on the H2 headphone/earspeaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back