Takatsuki Electric TA-300B
Jul 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #107 of 189
Quote:
Damn you, I have been eyeing these for a long time, now I have to buy a pair.....off to find a Japanese friend 
size]

Hi, @blubliss.  I definitely prefer the EML 300B Solid Plate to the Mesh Plate in the Balancing Act.  I'm running KR PX-4 which I prefer to the Solid Plate but the Solid Plates are fun in extension Low/High and an even larger stage.

I'll definitely be interested in your comparisons since @tjkurita doesn't have experience with any of the above (but nice contribution based upon his experiences).  Thanks both!

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #108 of 189
I am new to 300B's.  I built a 300B amp and selected JJ's because they seemed like the safe choice for a first valve.  My receiving valves are 64' USN-CEP 6922's.  Also some 58' bugle boys.  From my Lyr days.

The 300B amp loves them.

It's been a month, let the unicorn hunt begin !

The only other 300B valve I've listened to is the EH's  I was underwhelmed.  My eye has been on the Emission Labs because I got the vibe that they were better than the Psvane's and I'm not liking the whole color coat thing.

Enter this thread and the Takatsuki's and Royal Princess.  Needless to say, the fish is on the line.   Will my listening life be inferior with the EL's?  I know for a fact my wallet will be fatter.

I like CADiver's characterization of the RP's  with Terac "Round-up".....  So  EL's, RP's or TA's ???

There's a sale saying.  "The fear of loss is greater than the desire to gain"  I need a Ouija Board.

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #110 of 189
Sceleratus:  From what I have heard from an Audiogon member who has listened extensively to the Takatsuki, Royal Princess, and EML 300Bs, I don't think anyone can go wrong with ANY of these tubes.  This is hearsay, but I think these are all TOP contenders and preference will be a matter of taste, rather than any kind of definitive this-is-better-than-that.  Personally, I bought a backup pair if Takatsukis to keep me in good sound for at least another 10 years. 

I think this is GREAT news.  As recently as 6-7 years ago, Western Electric was the only game in town.  I feel like, with at least THREE top contenders, we 300B users are really lucky!  Let's hope things get even better as time goes by. 

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #111 of 189
It has been 8 months since I viewed this thread and I am glad the TA-300B is getting noticed.  Although I have not heard these tubes in person, they will be my next investment.  I see Yohei Kojimi mentioned as a source for these tubes.  http://www.audio-accessory.com/  His customer service is top notch and I use him to source anything audiophile that I am not able to otherwise from Japan.  His email address is NEON -音々♪- <info@audio-accessory.com>;  I recommend him for anything you need over there.  He is willing to help source smaller accessories.

My amps are the Allnic A6000 that take total of 8 tubes between the monoblocks.  I figure ordering 10 tubes to have a spare set.  Currently I am running the Emission Labs - EML 300B-XLS and enjoy them.  Has anyone made a direct comparison between these two?  Has anyone with Allnic gear trial these tubes?  Love to hear your thoughts.

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #112 of 189
  It has been 8 months since I viewed this thread and I am glad the TA-300B is getting noticed.  Although I have not heard these tubes in person, they will be my next investment.  I see Yohei Kojimi mentioned as a source for these tubes.  http://www.audio-accessory.com/  His customer service is top notch and I use him to source anything audiophile that I am not able to otherwise from Japan.  His email address is NEON -音々♪- <info@audio-accessory.com>;  I recommend him for anything you need over there.  He is willing to help source smaller accessories.

My amps are the Allnic A6000 that take total of 8 tubes between the monoblocks.  I figure ordering 10 tubes to have a spare set.  Currently I am running the Emission Labs - EML 300B-XLS and enjoy them.  Has anyone made a direct comparison between these two?  Has anyone with Allnic gear trial these tubes?  Love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Kevalin,

I used AudioAccessory to get my backup pair of TAs.  Yohei is indeed a good source and the customer service is excellent.  He includes instant miso soup with your purchase as well! 

Check out Charles1dad's thread on Audiogon.  He has a nice system of Coincident gear.  He has auditioned MANY different 300Bs in his Frankenstein amps.  He really likes the EML300B.  I do not envy you having to retube that monster amp...  8 300Bs!?  That is insane.  If you aren't already a member at Audiogon it is a truly great forum/community.  You will find more info regarding 300B comparisons over there. 

Here is Charles' thread.  There are lots of posts but it is worth combing through to find his 300B comments: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vdone&1286402256&openfrom&497&4&&st550

Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #114 of 189
Bit of a thread revival, but does anyone know where I'd be able to pick these up from in person? I'll be traveling to Japan for a month early December and thought I'd try and snag a pair or two for my WA234 which should arrive when I get back :)

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #115 of 189
Congratulations on the WA234 a fabulos looking amplifier for sure :) Have you considered stocking up on 45's they sound magical n amps Ive heard them in!

Im sorry I dont know where you can pick them up, but maybe Keiko at Amtrans could deliver to your residence in Japan? Saving on shipping and import tax?

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #116 of 189
Congratulations on the WA234 a fabulos looking amplifier for sure :) Have you considered stocking up on 45's they sound magical n amps Ive heard them in!

Im sorry I dont know where you can pick them up, but maybe Keiko at Amtrans could deliver to your residence in Japan? Saving on shipping and import tax?

Thanks, looking forward to receiving it. I had a look at where amtrans is located, pretty much right around the corner from Alohabara station, so I might have to drop by in person and grab some. And possibly the 274b's to go with them :)
Haven't looked into the 45's too much, any recommendations?

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #117 of 189
Thanks, looking forward to receiving it. I had a look at where amtrans is located, pretty much right around the corner from Alohabara station, so I might have to drop by in person and grab some. And possibly the 274b's to go with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Haven't looked into the 45's too much, any recommendations?

I have some RCA & Sylvannia 45's on the way. I have read this thread and have to give the TA's a go, the 234's sound magical with the KR300 Balloons and Psvane 274B's affects my brain to think these TA's could be substantially better !!

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #118 of 189
Found these on Price Japan, thanks, problem for us down under is we get hit twice on the exchange rate as they will only accept PayPal in US $

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #120 of 189
Here you go

http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=1255&category=17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back