taiwanese head-fi!! check it out!!
Oct 6, 2002 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

taipeileviathan

100+ Head-Fier
holy cow! i just discovered the equivalent of head-fi in taiwan!! mwahahahaa.... this is awesome!! i suggest ppl check it out, and even if u can't read chinese, their smilies alone are worth a trip to check out!!
biggrin.gif

~~ fob pride 4bba ~~
this is the website
a sample thread just to check out their smilies...
hehe, they have crying smilies that have the chinese character for "poor (as in no money)" next to it and stuff... :p

Oct 7, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 42
They've got some names in English. Stax, Beyer, DT-931, etc. I'd say so.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 42
i wonder if they'll ban english posters if we started posting there in english.
wink.gif

damn, i wish i know how to read chinese!

Oct 7, 2002 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by leon
*reads chinese* mmhmm
biggrin.gif

Apparently much more civilized than bbs.51digi.com ...LMAO
tongue.gif

whoa... a mainland forum... i'm not surprised tho, that the taiwanese one is more civilized...
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

actually, these guys do talk about the same stuff we do, altho they talk a lot more about staxes and audio technica stuff just cuz those things are relatively better bang for buck in taiwan (some taiwanese hp sellers even fly to akihabara japan to buy, en masse, hps and bring them back to taipei to sell for a modest profit). also, as the smilies indicate (even with the blood puking one
wink.gif
) this forum is distinctly taiwanese, in that a lot of the threads discuss cheaper 'phones (taiwanese aren't that rich) or phones that go with gaming (internet cafes are totally the thing in taiwan). however, there also appear to be village elders that discuss amps, sources, cables, and tweaks and stuff too. the most interesting about this forum, imo, is the fact that taiwan is such a tiny place, so it seems that a lot of them know each other personally and meet up much more often than would be possible for head-fi ppl. most of them, in fact, seem to be in taipei...
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, myhpw stands for my headphone world...
tongue.gif
how cute...

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 42
Tape! You gotta make a post so we can introduce ourselves as head-fiers!

Like, something (no making fun of us!) that says, hey, here are some people from some other forums... if there are any english speakers, say hi....

and instructions for me to register on those forums
*downloads the appropriate character sets, but still cant figure out worth a damn how to register*

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:23 AM Post #10 of 42
wow... i was just browsing their forums a bit more, and have found out that some of those guys really know their stuff... there was this thread that was discussing the best OPA opamp to go with DT931's and grado phones and stuff
eek.gif
!
biggrin.gif
i'm proud of my people...
tongue.gif

hehe, gluegun, my first post was actually one that suggested them come here for more info on some products that they dun seem to talk about much... i've also recommended them check out jan meier's website as well as fixup's stuff (poor fixup... haha, i can imagine his orders mounting up day by day) and other diy stuffs...
biggrin.gif

hmm... to register... well, the forum is actually part of a bigger website in general that talks about head-fi in taiwan including featured reviews on HD-600's and the LC-1 amp (or is it transducer? or opamp? i get confused with chinese jargon
confused.gif
)... so u go to the main website, then click on the seventh button on the frame column on the left side of the page, then on the upper right hand side of the new frame, click on the third menu item that says "free registering" in chinese. they dun make use of cookies as well as we do, but i'd trade that privilege for their smilies anyday...
tongue.gif
tho typing in chinese is really driving me nuts with this english keyboard...
redface.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 42
WOW! i've even found a thread from 2001 that talks about headwize, asking ppl about JMT's cmoy amp!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
i'm sooo excited!!! mwahahaha!!!

Oct 7, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 42
Hey Leviathan. Maybe you can find out what portables they like and why. I am pretty sure there are some Chinese o Japanese products that these guys like and are rebranded in the Westerne Hemisphere. Could you check it out for us, please?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 42
*remembers not to show off his ability to type Chinese input on unmarked American keyboards*
tongue.gif

Seriously... sorry guys, don't have time to bridge the gap between East and West. I can go to threads and translate for you guys, but really don't have time to do the posting for you too.

Besides (hmph) nobody thinks I'm Taiwanese (like Leviathan)... either my english is too good and I can't convince people I never learned english until I was 10, or they think I'm Korean/Japanese
biggrin.gif
I also think I'm a bit too low-fi (here meaning not hi-fi enough) for opamp discussions
tongue.gif

As for the shopping groups.. we taiwanese do it for so many things. Sony Clies... and probably American CD releases...

And remember Sangean is Taiwanese
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 10:56 PM Post #15 of 42
sangean? sounds korean (but don't tell him/her i said that
very_evil_smiley.gif
)...

leon, when i first saw ur username, i thought to myself, "leon lai" as in "li ming". hehe, and were u also the head-fier that auditioned some phones with an elva album?
tongue.gif
taipeileon would look kinda weird...
wink.gif
i like the way my username looks cuz of all the repeated vowels...
... okay bite me, i'm weird.
cool.gif

gluegun, the three marked fields are username, password, and confirm password. they dun allow much space for ur signature tho...
frown.gif
i think it's just cuz the guy who owns the website had never anticipated so much traffic, and his server's capacities are limited...

onix, it seeeeems to me like they like pretty much the same portables as us head-fiers (panasonic pcdps, selective sony ones from the line-out, slimX), except that things like how cute the portables look matter a bit more to us taiwanese (so the muVo gets some attention, as well as this other iriver 128mb mp3 player). also, panasonic products are referred to as matsu****a products, but i think they're essentially the same...

edit: btw leon, i didn't notice ur signature at first... rotflmao... sandy lam...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back