Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Feb 13, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #766 of 976
I get the same boost when I just press my fingers against the back of the enclosures. I think this improves conduction to the mastoid bone behind the ears.

Sadly the design didn't make it enough good so we don't need to press it against our ears.........didn't have this problem with my JVC SZ2000 and i think that it's one of the most important thing that a set of headphones can create a kind of sealing around the ears so that we can benefit from all the drivers can produce ! It's useless having wonderful sound potential but having to push the things against the heads.....

Feb 13, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #767 of 976
just got them yesterday and i must say these are something else! i love them. Though on some songs i feel something missing i cant really describe what it is. Did anyone try any new pads with these ? i just ordered some 840 pads and hm5s and will try them out maybe it's a fit issue. And what about EQ? on my old ath pro700mk2 i had the bass boost on +6 for 120HZ and then i EQ with Peace. Any suggestions for the Kannons ?
Hey I am about to pick up my pair from the German customs. Did you test the new pads and if so which one are you recommending?

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #769 of 976
Hi there!
I'm really interested in this project but some things are still unclear to me:

-If I order them now, when it's likely that I'll receive the Kannon? In the website they warn you about 30 days of waiting time, but in this thread it seems that people here are waiting for months!
-Is the battery replaceable? (already asked by others but no-one answered)
-is the cable detachable/replaceable?
-I read different opinions about he overall sound quality, so my question is: how much are you willing to spend for these headphones if they'll come without the tactile/haptic sensor? I know that it may sound silly, because you mainly buy these headphones for this innovation, but just imagine that for some reason (e.g. you forgot to recharge the batteries) you cannot use the taction transponder: do they sound like the headphones that you usually found in the 400$ range or more like 50-100$?
-Anyone knows when they could be available on amazon? I read something in the previous pages, but no updates so far

Thanks again!

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #770 of 976
Hi there!
-If I order them now, when it's likely that I'll receive the Kannon? In the website they warn you about 30 days of waiting time, but in this thread it seems that people here are waiting for months!

Nobody besides Taction can answer this one. They said they were done with the Kickstarter batch and started the web orders. More and more people here received their pair so the pace definitely sped up, that said, not to badmouth them or anything, but i'm still waiting for my pair ordered early September. I guess/hope i'm next on the list.

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #773 of 976
-Is the battery replaceable? (already asked by others but no-one answered)
I might be wrong, but I think there are two batteries. One in each driver enclosure. Probably replaceable by Taction but not by the user.
-is the cable detachable/replaceable?
The cable between the controller and the headphones is not detachable on either end. The cable between the controller and your source device is detachable on both ends, and you can use the included cable or another one. The microphone and micro-USB cable are detachable as well.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #774 of 976
Nobody besides Taction can answer this one. They said they were done with the Kickstarter batch and started the web orders. More and more people here received their pair so the pace definitely sped up, that said, not to badmouth them or anything, but i'm still waiting for my pair ordered early September. I guess/hope i'm next on the list.

Yes, but if I'm not wrong they already replied in this thread. So... let's hope Jim will do this again!

My mobile phone battery is not replaceable. But I still replaced it.

The controller part is held together with a couple of screws.

I will leave the conclusion to you!

Yes, but if a product is designed to have a replaceable battery you should do it more easily or even if you're not a "master" in all the "DIY" things. If you can just buy spare batteries from Taction, then you don't need to find random ways to adapt other batteries :)

Feb 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #776 of 976
And especially now that other kickstarter companies are producing headphones with tactile modules (just today I've found "nurapohone" and it'll be interesting a comparison with the kannons)

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #777 of 976
And especially now that other kickstarter companies are producing headphones with tactile modules (just today I've found "nurapohone" and it'll be interesting a comparison with the kannons)

Indeed. I have just reluctantly cancelled my order for the Kannons. I really want to try these, but I'll wait until the supply is a bit easier.

I only ordered in January and was given an estimated dispatch date of 11th February. It was only after reading this thread that I realised that was unrealistic. The fact I am in the UK meaning they cost over £400 plus the chance of a hefty import charge didn't help.

I am still looking forward to trying these at some point.

Feb 19, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #778 of 976
Indeed. I have just reluctantly cancelled my order for the Kannons.

How did you cancel your order ? I ordered from the old website and i don't have any option to do so. Right now i'm not considering yet to cancel because they're really the product i've been waiting for, but i might if they're still not here in March. I ordered in September and use crappy headphones since then waiting for the Kannons, and i'm starting to lose patience to be honest.

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #779 of 976
Judging by this review it doesn't seem like an option.

I was also impatiently waiting for my order and thinking about buying something else, since my old headphones are worn out. But the waiting was worth it imo.

Btw I ordered the Brainwavz HM5 sheepskin pads. Will tell you if it is worth it.

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #780 of 976
How did you cancel your order ? I ordered from the old website and i don't have any option to do so. Right now i'm not considering yet to cancel because they're really the product i've been waiting for, but i might if they're still not here in March. I ordered in September and use crappy headphones since then waiting for the Kannons, and i'm starting to lose patience to be honest.

What I should have said is that I have requested cancellation! I did so, by responding to the order confirmation email. I'll let you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back