Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Feb 2, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #752 of 976
just got them yesterday and i must say these are something else! i love them. Though on some songs i feel something missing i cant really describe what it is. Did anyone try any new pads with these ? i just ordered some 840 pads and hm5s and will try them out maybe it's a fit issue. And what about EQ? on my old ath pro700mk2 i had the bass boost on +6 for 120HZ and then i EQ with Peace. Any suggestions for the Kannons ?

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #754 of 976
just got them yesterday and i must say these are something else! i love them. Though on some songs i feel something missing i cant really describe what it is. Did anyone try any new pads with these ? i just ordered some 840 pads and hm5s and will try them out maybe it's a fit issue. And what about EQ? on my old ath pro700mk2 i had the bass boost on +6 for 120HZ and then i EQ with Peace. Any suggestions for the Kannons ?

I find the Kannons to be pretty lacklustre in the bass department when the taction controls are turned off. I'm also considering replacing the pads with HM5's, the original pads feel a tad uncomfortable around the tip of my ears after wearing them for an extended period. While the taction controls were off, I didn't really notice much of a difference in levels of bass, even when using my ifi iDSD BL. However, it's a different story after turning on the taction controls and setting them to 6+ or so. The bass definitely feels like it comes alive only after the taction controls are activated. The sub-bass is still a bit lacking compared to my RBH HP-2 headphones, but the Kannons offer a much greater visceral bass rumble/head shaking goodness.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #755 of 976
May i ask how much you've been charged by the german customs ? Also what serial number did you get ?
I paid 330€ for the kannons and 67 € customs. Serial Nr is 222.

I got a different problem maybe someone from the taction team can help me out sometimes every 15 minutes or so i hear a beeping in the left or right cup and it's the taction driver going crazy to fix it i have to turn on and off the taction on the controller. What could cause this ? also when using the Y splitter for the microphone theres lots of interference and static.

and to anybody else having the kannons does anybody else not feel any kickdrums ? it seems like they are completely missing when i listen with the kannons

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #758 of 976
Can you post up the products that you bought to mitigate charging noise? Thanks

I got the http://r.ebay.com/PJHGtm, they sent the 25W version instead of the 15W. I can't hear a difference with it plugged in, I'll measure the ripple voltage and spectrum of noise between different setups later. In the mean time I used a multi USB port charger (https://www.clasohlson.com/no/USB-multilader-med-6-porter/38-8124) with only one port in use for the Kannon with similar results. I guess anything else than the PC USB ports are adequate enough to provide noise less charging. On another note I now actually hear noise in the background when I activate the Taction bass regardless if the Kannon is connected to the charger or not. It's too low to register listening to anything but it's detectable if there is no input.

Edit: Does anyone know what the little signs on each cup of the headsets mean? I got 0001 on the left and 0086 on the right.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #759 of 976
0001 is first edition
0086 is your headphone number

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #760 of 976
I received my Kannon a few days ago. I ordered it 2017-08-27.

I noticed interesting behavior with the acoustic volume knob. When it is below 5, it affects all drivers as expected. However, when it is above 5, it affects the acoustic drivers but not the tactile drivers. In other words, as you increase it above 5, the acoustic volume is increasing, but the tactile volume is staying the same. Also the treble seems to be increasing more than the bass even when the tactile drivers are turned off. Thus, if you want to maximize the tactile volume and bass (relative to the acoustic volume and treble), don't set the acoustic volume knob above 5.

I also noticed that I hear more bass from the tactile drivers when I rest the back of my head on a pillow.

By the way, before getting the Kannon, I tried using a Basslet as a tactile driver, by strapping it to the top of the headphone band. It produces a similar effect but falls short in some ways. It has perceptible noise, and the noise increases as the wireless distance increases. It sums to mono, whereas the Kannon is truly stereo. It is much more tactile than acoustic because the driver is farther from the ears. As an experiment, I attached the Basslet to the Kannon, and the combined tactile sensation was extreme.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #761 of 976
I received my Kannon a few days ago. I ordered it 2017-08-27.

I noticed interesting behavior with the acoustic volume knob. When it is below 5, it affects both drivers as expected. However, when it is above 5, it affects the acoustic drivers but not the tactile drivers. In other words, as you increase it above 5, the acoustic volume is increasing, but the tactile volume is staying the same. Also the treble seems to be increasing more than the bass even when the tactile driver is turned off. Thus, if you want to maximize the tactile volume and bass (relative to the acoustic volume and treble), don't set the acoustic volume knob above 5.

I also noticed that I hear more bass from the tactile driver when I rest the back of my head on a pillow.

By the way, before getting the Kannon, I tried using a Basslet as a tactile driver, by strapping it to the top of the headphone band. It produces a similar effect but falls short in some ways. It has perceptible noise, and the noise increases as the wireless distance increases. It sums to mono, whereas the Kannon is truly stereo. It is much more tactile than acoustic because the driver is farther from the ears. As an experiment, I attached the Basslet to the Kannon, and the combined tactile sensation was extreme.

Interesting. Is the basslet worth buying if I already have kannons?

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #762 of 976
Interesting. Is the basslet worth buying if I already have kannons?
I think it's worth using the Basslet on headphones that lack tactile drivers, but probably not so much on the Kannon. Keep in mind that some headphones might be better than others at transferring the vibrations from the Basslet to your head.

basslet.jpg

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #763 of 976
Feb 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #764 of 976
Also the treble seems to be increasing more than the bass even when the tactile drivers are turned off.
I took some SPL measurements with the tactile drivers turned off, and I confirmed that non-bass increases more than bass as you increase the acoustic volume knob above 5. Specifically, when the knob goes from 5 to 10, non-bass increases by about 15 dB, but bass increases by only about 5 dB. If you want to avoid this, keep the knob at 5, and increase the volume control on your amplifier or source device instead, so bass and non-bass will increase by the same amount.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back