TACT W210 corner load subs... pics.
Mar 31, 2006 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
TACT RCS2.2.XP (w/ Dynamic Room Correction) w/ full Aberdeen Mods., TACT BOZ 216/2200 w/ Aberdeen Ultimate Power Supply, Meridian G08, Epiphany 12-12s, TACT W210 corner load subs.

The W210 corner load subs provide the best subwoofer arrangement I have heard for 2 channel audio. They aren't really subs as much as they are fast 12" woofers (w/ a pair in each sub). They have extension below 20Hz, but more importantly, they are perfectly controlled and extremely fast . Of course the RCS2.2XPs ability to perfectly align timing and provide flawless dynamic room correction is crucial. Amazingly, the W210s are crossed over at a very typical 250Hz. The setup brings the best out of the Epiphany 12-12s, allowing them to sing without the burden of demanding low frequencies. The Velodyne DD15 is great for my HT, where the Andra IIs can run full range and the DD-15 is limited to LFE duties, but it simply can't do what the W210s do in a 2 channel setup.

I love the TACT gear. Endless tweaking for gearheads, digital from source to binding posts and dynamic room correction that simply mystifies.

Resized_DSC00879.jpg
Resized_DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Very, very nice, indeed. You must get a big grin every time you walk into that room. I can only imagine how terrific it sounds. You've assembled a great system.

Thanks. It does indeed sound fantastic. I never imagined subwoofers could integrate so seamlessly in a 2 channel system, but the W210s truly do. The system handles everything from Jane Monheit to Opeth with ease. I will eventually move it into a larger home office so that I can move the speakers further apart and create a more expansive soundstage. I will also replace the Meridian with my Classe Omega SACD2 (which is getting modded) so that I can listen to 2 channel SACD. But for the time being I am definitely in 2 channel bliss.

I only wish I could expose more people to the wonders of dynamic room correction. Once you hear it, you can never go back.

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
The W210 corner load subs provide the best subwoofer arrangement I have heard for 2 channel audio. They aren't really subs as much as they are fast 12" woofers (w/ a pair in each sub). They have extension below 20Hz, but more importantly, they are perfectly controlled and extremely fast .

Agree, my only problem it that I don't have the neighbour-free environment that is necessary to use them fully. Otherwise I would probably get a pair.

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders
Agree, my only problem it that I don't have the neighbour-free environment that is necessary to use them fully. Otherwise I would probably get a pair.

They are definitely capable of irritating the neighbors.... but they work wonders at moderate volumes as well. They do need to be paired with room correction to work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back