Tablet with LDAC or LHDC support
Mar 22, 2021 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dodap

100+ Head-Fier
Finally I want to try to go wireless. At least partly. I do not want to have another Bluetooth headphone (I have some on ear and IEMs) but this time I want to try a Bluetooth receiver to feed my wired IEMs or over ear phones. My favourite so far is the Shanling UP4 as it has a dedicated volume wheel and supports better Bluetooth codecs als LDAC and LHDC / HWA. I read a few times that since Android 8.0 every device has LDAC support and some even LHDC. No, this is not true for me:
Neither my Huawei Mate 10 that is billed as the first to support LHDC does offer this for me nor my Samsung tablet S6 which only has SBC! The best device I have regarding Bluetooth is my newly bought backup smartphone, a super cheap Xiaomi Poco M3: This has every better codec activated, aptX HD, LDAC and LHDC.

Is there a decent modern tablet that actually supports these codecs? (I did not find any Huawei device so far.)

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 2
I finally had success: After Chris form techtablets.com advised buying the Lenovo P11 Pro directly from China as XiaoXin Pad Pro I bought one for online reading. After two weeks it arrived.

And to my surprise it has all current Bluetooth-Audio-Codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive-Audio, aptX TWS+Audio, LDAC. And it connected without any problems to my Sony Blueetooth headphone mit LDAC. Stable connection in all rooms of our flat. The only feature it is missing is LTE. But for music listening from the SD card with a big screen for the covers in good wireless quality this is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back