Tablet PC-fi!
Jul 6, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #17 of 23
A lot of engineering students at my school have tablets. Many of them are Gateways, and ironically, the only tablets I have heard any problems about are the Gateways. All hardware problems. You might want to rethink getting that one.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #18 of 23
Shouldn't be a problem with the new Wacom digitizers instead of the Finepoint crap. And the three-year extended warranty.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #19 of 23
For me, I like the HP T1000, but I don't know if they make it any more. Most likely, my next 'pc' purchase will be a sony vaio ux, but that will be a while since I currently have 2 mini towers running (one with Athlon X2 and one with Conroe E6600), a Toshiba Satellite with a 15" widescreen and my Axim x51v.
blink.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #20 of 23
I thought the Asus R1F is close... 13.3"

Personally I have the T4210. Has been a little workhorse for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on your definition of "soooo expensive".
wink.gif
Gateway has the sole 14" model currently, and it weighs in at just under $1000. It's the best bang for the buck right now.

Toshiba had that title with the R25, but they discontinued it.

We have two Tablet PC threads going, they should be merged into one thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246392

-Ed

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #21 of 23
Apparently the Quick Ship model of the C-140 (the C-140X QS, if you will) started shipping last week. Hopefully the C-140X is next to come.

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #22 of 23
Oh, BTW, here's pics of my current collection of Tablet PC's.

From Left to Right, Toshiba Satellite R25, Toshiba Portege 3505, Fujitsu Lifebook P1610

Edwood_FujitsuP1610_04.jpg

Edwood_FujitsuP1610_06.jpg

Edwood_FujitsuP1610_01.jpg

The R25 is my favorite performance-wise, Dual Core 1.6GHz with 2GB of RAM with Vista Business makes it a fabulous performer for 2D graphics apps, like my most used, Photoshop and Painter. Otherwise, the P1610 is my most used, as it is often carried with me everywhere I go. It's so small and lightweight compared to the others, but since it lacks an active digitizer, I consider it more of a UMPC than a true Tablet PC. Also, with the 6 Cell extended battery I can get about 5 hours of power on that single battery alone. But with a measly 512MB of RAM (will upgrade to 1GB when the price of it's expensive Micro DIMM's are cheap enough) and 1.2GHz Core Solo CPU, it's not a top performer by a long shot, but it makes up for it with it's fabulous battery life.

*Edit, did I just use "fabulous" twice in this post?

-Ed

Jul 16, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #23 of 23
I have a couple of laptops, but no tablets. Closest is my 5550 iPAQ. I am considering a tablet, not as a desktop replacement, but rather as a laptop replacement since one of my laptops is really a portable desktop.

Edwood... How is that Fujitsu Lifebook P1610? I'm considering that as a Flybook alternative, but I really like the fact that the Flybook has the built-in cell capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back