T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #466 of 2,595
h20 suggested the heir audio tips so ive ordered a few.. . lol also which comply's r everyone using. should i call the t400/ or the t500? .. does it calm or spike the mids? so far i wouldnt mind a bit more bass .. add some depth (which the heir do) .. im happy with the way the mids are.. also do remember the big 200hr burn-in .. so it will keep changing as the time goes i guess. ... please keep the impressions coming in... its really good to know new findings everyday.. i still haveto try the black cable vs red though ....any of u guys find a big difference between amped/unamped?? .. im glad i bought them :)

May 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #467 of 2,595
Quote:
h20 suggested the heir audio tips so ive ordered a few.. . lol also which comply's r everyone using. should i call the t400/ or the t500? .. does it calm or spike the mids? so far i wouldnt mind a bit more bass .. add some depth (which the heir do) .. im happy with the way the mids are.. also do remember the big 200hr burn-in .. so it will keep changing as the time goes i guess. ... please keep the impressions coming in... its really good to know new findings everyday.. i still haveto try the black cable vs red though ....any of u guys find a big difference between amped/unamped?? .. im glad i bought them :)

The red stock foam tips cause the mid and midbass hump and Complys make it even worse in my opinion. Lots of things, like drum hits, become dull thuds. 

I don't believe in burn-in being significant in most cases, especially small-scale drivers as those in IEMs but maybe I'm wrong. In any case, the cables sound identical to me. I also don't believe in cables though. 

These do not need to be amped. In fact, out of my laptop, even on the lowest volume setting, it's too loud. They're incredibly easy to drive. I still prefer to run them out of amp just for the cleaner SQ, as these are really sensitive to poor sources, but they didn't sound noticeably worse out of my Clip+ or my smartphone.

May 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #468 of 2,595
Quote:

The red stock foam tips cause the mid and midbass hump and Complys make it even worse in my opinion. Lots of things, like drum hits, become dull thuds. 

I don't believe in burn-in being significant in most cases, especially small-scale drivers as those in IEMs but maybe I'm wrong. In any case, the cables sound identical to me. I also don't believe in cables though. 

These do not need to be amped. In fact, out of my laptop, even on the lowest volume setting, it's too loud. They're incredibly easy to drive. I still prefer to run them out of amp just for the cleaner SQ, as these are really sensitive to poor sources, but they didn't sound noticeably worse out of my Clip+ or my smartphone.

Well that just goes to show how people perceive things. I am liking the T400 tips with completely reverse findings, bass has impact and clean, vocals are smoother. I am running through the C&C amp with the LF switch on which is a lower end boost and also tightens up the highs, but that`s how I listen to the W4`s and the Momentums (but with a stereo field switch too).

Correct, amping not required but enhancing the sound to your preferred sound is a personal taste.

I am happier now I have a "fit" and the W4`s are staying in the case for now. I`m starting to enjoy these.

EDIT: For all the tips/amps/sources/cables what never really gets mentioned is genre of music and quality of files. I will at some point create a 10 track pack that I will share (if you want) that crosses most genres so you can hear what I am listening to and see if my comments relate to what you are hearing.

May 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #469 of 2,595
Quote:

I don't want to shift this conversation, but I do want to make a statement about what you said (bolded).  You stated that you don't believe in burn-in because it's a small scale driver (vs a large one).  The thing is, we are in an extremely closed system nearly 2cc in size.  A tiny change can make the largest difference in a small system.  As for not believing in cables, it's already been shown that different cables will alter the sound of an IEM (again, small system => sensitivity). 

May 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #470 of 2,595
Quote:

I don't want to shift this conversation, but I do want to make a statement about what you said (bolded).  You stated that you don't believe in burn-in because it's a small scale driver (vs a large one).  The thing is, we are in an extremely closed system nearly 2cc in size.  A tiny change can make the largest difference in a small system.  As for not believing in cables, it's already been shown that different cables will alter the sound of an IEM (again, small system => sensitivity). 

I don't want to get into burn-in, because this is just opinions with no definitive evidence either way and so I don't really take a stance on it. Like I said, I might be wrong about that. Not cables though. If you can link to me to where cables were shown to alter sound, I am happy to take a look, because this is one area I've personally spent hundreds of man hours exploring as part of my undergraduate research (materials science laboratory) with all manner of audiophile-grade and industrial/research-grade equipment. 

Okay back on topic. I've been derailing a lot of topics lately.

May 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #471 of 2,595
H200 is tuned differently in my understanding, they might be better with small acoustic material and chamber music than live concerts or hard rock... i still did not hear perfect IEMs but for the money and else H200 does excellent job, compare them to highly popular and praised TF10 and you will see my point better. while not the last word in sonicl performance H200 are very lovely implementation of what one would call truly universal IEM. take example of my daughter, she was not impressed with RDB as much as with her x10 or my TF... But i am sure she will love H200 a lot because these are excellent universals on more than reasonable budget. If someone can point me to IEMs under 300$ which will be as good i am curious to listen. still i believe some lesser faults of H200 are so small that i am willing to ignore them.

May 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #473 of 2,595
4Ai is 399$, not 299 $, Phonak IEM biz gets shut down recently so no new makes and support will be limted... S3 well can be, but would you name many IEM? good alternatives can be counted by fingers of one hand.

May 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #475 of 2,595
has anyone tried compensating the 3.5-8k dip (or 10k peak)? (If you look at the raw(?) fr chart it looks bad - nearly 20db dip relative to 1k), but after looking at the ELC curves it looks less so (better for 3-4k, worse 5-8k)

I was thinking clip+'s rockbox eq, with c=5500,q=1.3 [about 3800-8000hz], +5-6db (well, I was thinking more but it might distort above that). That makes it sound a bit more lively compared to the original (sound's a bit dry compared to merlin in the upper mids :frowning2: ) . I can't say I can feel the dip explicitly, but A/Bing with the EQ on and off it does make a positive difference for my liking.

re: low end. sometimes it does turn into a thud type sound.

May 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #476 of 2,595
Quote:

yeah. I was also wondering which comply tips fit these.  I've seen people say both of them :/

May 12, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #477 of 2,595
T400 fits, tight but fits.

May 12, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #478 of 2,595
Quote:
has anyone tried compensating the 3.5-8k dip (or 10k peak)? (If you look at the raw(?) fr chart it looks bad - nearly 20db dip relative to 1k), but after looking at the ELC curves it looks less so (better for 3-4k, worse 5-8k)

I was thinking clip+'s rockbox eq, with c=5500,q=1.3 [about 3800-8000hz], +5-6db (well, I was thinking more but it might distort above that). That makes it sound a bit more lively compared to the original (sound's a bit dry compared to merlin in the upper mids
frown.gif
) . I can't say I can feel the dip explicitly, but A/Bing with the EQ on and off it does make a positive difference for my liking.

re: low end. sometimes it does turn into a thud type sound.

I heard the dip centered at 6kHz is due to antiresonance, whose reason is probably coming from it's housing or something. However I can't be sure, as I am unable to find the source.
If that's the case, equalizing the dip wouldn't make the dip to disappear, only making distortion and making the range nearing the dip to go up. Well that's what I've heard.

I also heard narrow dips are not really well-perceived in human hearing. And if you like the equalized sound, that's good for you.

May 13, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #479 of 2,595
It's here!

Only listened to it for an hour, a little microphonics with the red cable, fit and comfort is good. Need more time with them before I can give accurate impressions, but straight out of the box the clarity and detail is comparable to the BA200 with better bass impact.

May 13, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #480 of 2,595
Well done mate! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back