T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #406 of 2,595
Quote:
Notes have a nice weight to them. The GRO7 (original) sounds a bit thin and 2-D to me in comparison. That's it for now, but out of the box I'm quite impressed. I will take it in some more on my way home (happen to have my CKS1000 - my favorite universal at the moment, so I'm interested in how these two stack up against each other).   
More impressions to come.

Me too Eric! Looking forward to those impressions
smile_phones.gif

Btw, are you jumping on the 'ol Carbo Basso bandwagon?

May 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #407 of 2,595
Quote:

Me too Eric! Looking forward to those impressions
smile_phones.gif

Btw, are you jumping on the 'ol Carbo Basso bandwagon?

Probably not, waynes world. I have the H-200 and then I get my AS-2 on Thursday. I think I'm really going to try to quit the game for awhile after that (within IEMs that is). I will be saving money for the ZS2000 and then try to be done (for a long while at least)...

May 8, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #410 of 2,595
i freed my H200 from customs hands with minimal ''damages'' for my wallet. so far so good. will take H200 with me on short vacation and see if find some more time to listen to them 
tongue_smile.gif

YES, and big thanks to T-Peos guys who gave me real help which allowed to minimize possible money damages
beerchug.gif

May 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #411 of 2,595
Quote:
Update on my pair....

Don`t care about the charges, just want the freaking things. Don`t fret Gintaras mate, just pretend we paid full price :wink:

Sinth, I'm in the same boat as you mate.
Mine was sent out on the 3rd only received an email last night with tracking info.

[tr] [th] Date[/th] [th] Time[/th] [th] Location[/th] [th] Tracking Event[/th] [/tr] [tr] [td]
08-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
11:42​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Awaiting Customs Charging​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
07-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
15:12​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Awaiting Customs clearance​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
07-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
15:11​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
07-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
14:17​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Received and processed​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
05-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
20:16​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
05-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
20:15​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Received in destination country​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
03-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
16:33​
[/td] [td]
Delivery Agent - SEOUL - PTT​
[/td] [td]
Forwarded for export​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
03-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
14:19​
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Forwarded for export​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
03-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
12:53​
[/td] [td]
Delivery Agent - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF​
[/td] [td]
Collected from customer​
[/td]
[/tr]

May 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #412 of 2,595
Wow got the tracking number and confirmation that these had shipped out on may 3 and they were In the post office and I picked them up on monday may 6th here in central California. Another big thank you to the T Peos people for communications throughout the proccess. I can't add any comparisons cause these are my first nice iem ..... incredible sounding right out of the box ...... and will only improve with some burn in ..... I can hardly wait. I am truly enjoying these. I am very happy that I pulled the trigger on this special offer. My Blues and Jazz albums sound wonderful and the vocals are really special. It has really been worth the wait. And for those who are still waiting for these to arrive ...... I believe you will be very happy with these. Definitely worth the wait , Imho. :)

May 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #413 of 2,595
Quote:
Sinth, I'm in the same boat as you mate.
Mine was sent out on the 3rd only received an email last night with tracking info.
[tr] [th] Date[/th] [th] Time[/th] [th] Location[/th] [th] Tracking Event[/th] [/tr] [tr] [td]
08-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
11:42​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Awaiting Customs Charging​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
07-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
15:12​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
07-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
15:11​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
07-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
14:17​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Received and processed​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
05-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
20:16​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
05-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
20:15​
[/td] [td]
International Hub​
[/td] [td]
Received in destination country​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
03-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
16:33​
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Forwarded for export​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
03-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
14:19​
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
Forwarded for export​
[/td]
[/tr] [tr] [td]
03-05-2013​
[/td] [td]
12:53​
[/td] [td]
Delivery Agent - KOREA, REPUBLIC OF​
[/td] [td]
Collected from customer​
[/td]
[/tr]

Hi mate. I paid parcelforce over the phone today £22.01. They are shipping tomorrow for delivery Friday. No idea how they came to that figure but at least they are coming!

May 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #414 of 2,595
ops, sorry to hear i am not the only one to be hit by customs, it looks governments are still in desperate need of cash no matter overtaxing everyone down the road.

damn .... guys i wish you best of luck and no hard feelings for H200, a great product like H200 did not vote for our governments :)

May 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #415 of 2,595
Let me get right to it, the H-200 is very good (quite good actually).

The H-200, on the other hand, is a more neutral sounding earphone. I would say that the H-200's soundstage is wider than the the 1K (but not deeper). Bass is definitely there, but doesn't get as low and as rich as the 1K. Then again, the bass driver hasn't open up yet. The H-200 is what I would call 3-D-light. It's there and heavier than the GR07, but the notes aren't as thick and as rich as the 1K. The 1K is more refined, but I wouldn't say the H-200 is way behind it. Again, I don't want to rate the H-200 until about 50 hours of burn-in. I would consider the 1K a top tier, and I would consider the H-200 a "high-end" mid-tier. So I place it somewhere between the GR07 (CKN-70/IE800)  and 1K. It's slight step above the BA200 right now (which is one of my favorite universals too, but it doesn't have the bass of the H-200). H-200 has better instrument separation than the BA-200. That's it for now. I need more listening. The H-200 is terrific for the price of $200 - $250.

May 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #416 of 2,595
what's 1K?

May 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #417 of 2,595
May 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #418 of 2,595
surprising, i did not think Audiotechnica can be so good.

May 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #419 of 2,595
Quote:
surprising, i did not think Audiotechnica can be so good.

I never cared much for them, but their releases (the ones I've heard) this year have been outstanding! 

May 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #420 of 2,595
after a small affair my H200 finally landed at home.

unpacking impression is very good, box isn't wood but is great quality and sturdy enough, magnet locker is nice and easy open.

inside the box everything screams Quality, amazingly good package, enough quality tips, two nice looking great quality cables, black cable with phone mute button and red is without. else goodies including leather poach and earphone plug adapter in gold color. i wish big boys producing IEMs would take a note from TPeos guys, simply the best ever package i saw even compared to great packaged Misical Fidelity EB50. the only thing i wish the pouch could be a bit bigger since i am afraid to bend cable so tight that it could slip inside with Iems and that might break cord with time. on scale of 10 i would say package is 10/10.

IEMs themeselves are a beauty and make TF10 and many others look like cheapo plastic toys. Fit in ear is great but experimenting with tips needed. for me the look and feel is 10/10 too.

now for the most important part, sound, i would not say too much without burning them for at least 30 hours... But but... straight from the box H200 is very musical and rich sounding IEM that makes highly popular TF10 pale in comparison. i would say those who love TF10 will be very pleasantly surprised and i would say upgrading from TF10 to H200 makes plenty of sense, i would say this is no brainer, just sell TF10 and buy H200.
however compared to RDB v1 i would say no miracle, v1 is just better sounding here (i recall how lovely RDB sounded straight from the box), HOWEVER RDB costs nearly three times more so it must be better sounding.

for a "million dollar question" how H200 compare to RDB v1 i would say they are bit different, i cannot describe this now but i can see them both happily living in my rig and giving me pleasure of music listening. have you ever tried to choose between Aston Martin DB9 and Ferrari Modena? H200 here is Aston so guess who is Ferrari. one thing i can say both IEMs are big keepers and might make you forget about upgrades.

i am thankful to H20 who pointed me to both IEMs, true gems for sane price which would not break your bank :-D

In summary, H200 is a Giant Killer and for the price H200 is a steal and the best what money can get you. i bet H200 push far above 200$ and are playing in 400$ league.

I just wonder what will happen to me when H200 will break in and open up :-D

Preliminary conclusion: Best value and sound per dollar paid, I am thinking about buying another pair of H200 so good they are !!!

Forgive me, i am overwhelmed but i cannot hide my emotions, really very very happy and TPeos people can take all my credit for making amazing sounding product which also has so modest price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back