T-Peos H-150 ???
Sep 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Allanmarcus

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone heard of these? 3-way hybrid for $81.28USD!

http://ctcaudio.com/collections/t-peos/products/t-peos-h-150-earphones

I cannot find any info.

Thanks,

Allan

Sep 13, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 21
I'm in conversation now about getting a sample -  let's see if we can shed some light on the H-150  product from T-Peos.

I'll let you know if it goes ahead. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 21
Hello,

Below is my review of the T-PEOS H-150.  Now, keep in mind I’m completely new to all of this and took a while to figure out the terminology and have a long way to go still.  I’m sure there are better words to describe the sound I’m hearing but this is what I came up with so far.

T-PEOS H-150 Review

T-PEOS is a Korea manufacturer, designing and engineering high quality and premium sounding earphones. The H-150 is T-PEOS first 3way hybrid consisting of 1 balanced armature and 2 dynamic drivers, using a network crossover to effortlessly deliver a fantastic sound that caters to wide variety of genre; a powerful low-end, rich mids and treble with solid analytical capabilities.

SPECIFICATION
MSRP:         $79 USD {CTCAudio.com}
Driver Units: Balanced Armature & 2 Dynamic Drivers
Impedance:  30 ohm @ 1 kHz
Sensitivity:    105dB @ 1 kHz
Power:          100mW (max)
Frequency:   20 Hz ~ 10 kHz
Connector:    3.5 mm / 4pole 24 K gold plated L-type plug
Cord:             Half flat type rubber cable, 1.2 m / Balanced Y-Type
Weight:         16 g

ACCESSORIES
The H-150 comes in a very simple and basic packaging that is sturdy enough to protect the unit. Inside the box are the most essential in-earphone accessories consisting of a small carrying pouch, clip, 4 pairs of tips (1 foam and 3 silicones), rubber ear guides and an extension cable adapter.

BUILD QUALITY
The H-150 housing is quite large and bulky. It is made mostly of plastic and aluminum, and although extremely lightweight, feels sturdy and well-constructed. The housing is configured to hold the 2x 8mm dynamic drivers in parallel at the back, with the balanced armature placed in front. The large circular metal dotted plate on the outer back of the housing is labeled with the L/R marking. The half flat red and black rubber cable feels strong and designed with micro grooves to reduce tangling, and elevate cable noise. The flat cable isn't too wide or narrow yet soft and light with good length between the housing and Y-splitter.  There is also a microphone on the right cable which works really well but lacks any volume/track controls.

ISOLATION
Isolation is above average considering the large design. It’s at the level I would call safe for the average commuter since it blocks enough outside noise to really enjoy the music without needing to increase the volume, but lets in enough to be mindful of your surroundings.

MICROPHONICS
None detected when worn over-the-ear but rare with cable down.

COMFORT
Considering the H-150 design, the fit took me completely by surprise. With its lightweight housing, they are one of the most comfortable earphone I've used. They can be used for an extended period without any discomfort or fatigue, especially when worn over-the-ear.

SOUND

Lows
The H-150 dynamic drivers provide plenty of powerful sub-bass in both quantity and quality, with enough rumble and punch to satisfy both Techno-heads and Bass-heads. The sub-bass extends deep with very good details, texture and control, more so than the HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 and on par with Dunu DN-1000 though these can appear slightly bloat or bassy on certain songs. Decay and attack are very good as well, with slightly less bleed than the DN-1000, adding to the full bodied, warm and rich tone that works well with a variety of genre like Dubstep and Metal. Considering the strong nature of the low-end, it complements the mid-range nicely, making the H-150 appear almost more balanced and refined compared to the HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 and I preferred them over the Xiaomi Piston 2 as well.  The strong and punchy mid-bass can hit marginally harder than the Dunu DN-1000 but the Piston 2 has the advantage thought it can be a bit too strong.  The bass can be very polite when listening to Goa Trance and deliver doses when the track calls for it, but for something like Dubstep, it can be thunderous with just the right amount of details, control and energy which the Wooduo 2 and Piston 2 seems to lack slightly, not to say they aren't good either. 
Mids
The mid-range is rich and very smooth with very good details but recessed enough to make it V-shaped. However, while not as transparent as units like the DN-1000 or Steelseries In-Ear Flux, the overall clarity is still very good, enough to prevent it from sounding too dark but may appear somewhat veiled to some. An increase in clarity, and crispness would have made the H-150 shine at the current price. Vocals are well textured but not overly thick, clear and good energy to sound natural.

Highs
The upper mid-range and treble may seem distant, appearing recessed or thin but with very good details and extension. Overall it is very smooth and forgiving, with enough energy and crispness to enjoy over extended periods. Very minor sibilance was noted in few songs but not enough to distract or cause concerns.

Presentation
The soundstage is wide with good imaging and instrument separation, but as previously mentioned, lacks clarity and crispness which the DN-1000 and Piston 2 are better at. Sensitivity is very good, on par with the Piston 2, and easily driven from sources such as a Samsung Galaxy S3 or Apple iPod Touch.

I have some photos but couldn't add here but will link later.

Dec 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 21

On tour! PM if you want to review these.

Jeremy from CTC Audio sent me a sample to evaluate. At the time I received them I was using Velodyne vPulse IEMs, so I was used to some thump. I'm really not a good reviewer, so I will say I was impressed with the H-150s. Good thump, lots of treble. To my ears, I think the treble is a little harsh, but now that I have Dunu-1000s and Sennheiser IE80s, I'm more impressed with the $78USD H-150s. Are these IEMs worth $78? Yes. 

Oh, they come with a nice case and some over the ear rubber guides. Nice. Microphonics are as expected, and over the ear greatly reduces them. Flat cable also helps.

They also have a mic/remote.

Basically I almost concur with lordsinister's assessment, although I would not call the high's smooth; I would characterize them as a bit grainy. Remember, I don't have golden ears. I have bronze ears!

Given that I can't review for schiit :), if anyone wants to borrow the H-150s for a good review, PM me and I will send them to you. I used my own comply tips with them, and I recommend you use your own tips for best results. I stopped by the Comply booth at RMAF and they did a quick fitting and recommend the 200 size. If you use the included tips, please clean them before and after.

I'm not sure how these tours work, but I would think you get them for a few weeks, review them, then send them to the next person for review, or back to me if there is no one next. I would prefer reviewers to have some positive feedback here.

So, if you are interested in reviewing these IEMs, PM me.

Again, thanks to CTC Audio for this opportunity. Here's the link at CTC:
http://ctcaudio.com/collections/in-ear-monitors-iems/products/t-peos-h-150-earphones

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 21
Thanks for the heads up. These seem to be an interesting buy for bassheads and "fun" signature lovers, especially with regards to the price.

Are they open-back like the FX850? Just looking at the pics they seem to have a large vent on the back of them (silver "grille") or am I mistaken?

Cheers

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 21
Thanks for the heads up. These seem to be an interesting buy for bassheads and "fun" signature lovers, especially with regards to the price.

Are they open-back like the FX850? Just looking at the pics they seem to have a large vent on the back of them (silver "grille") or am I mistaken?

Cheers

Hi, these aren't open-back, I think...or leak sound and good isolation. Do keep in mind that they smooth and warm. You will loooove the sub and mid bass on these.

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 21
Hi, these aren't open-back, I think...or leak sound and good isolation. Do keep in mind that they smooth and warm. You will loooove the sub and mid bass on these.

Umm, smooth and warm isn't what I wall call these. I woudl say they are V shaped and a little harsh!

That said, I'm happy to loan my pair to anyone that want's to review them. All I ask is that you send them back to me.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #11 of 21
I've been using the Fidue A71 for close to 50 hours and must say I really like these. For the type of music I listen to I still prefer the H-150 sub and mid bass which are awesome; powerful, deep, full-bodied with lots of details and enough control and punch. The A71 can't match the H-150 sub-bass in quantity and extention but quality seems on par with better control causing it to appear slightly leaner at time (I'm guessing most will prefer this to the H-150), while the mids and highs of the A71 are clearer, slightly brighter and forward making it appear more detailed. The treble extension is very good with enough sparkle in comparison. I presonally prefer more sub-bass than mid-bass and with the A71 I had to EQ down the bass a bit since on a fair amount of bassy tracks that strong mid-bass started to sound slightly intense/excessive causing mild fatigue/annnoyance or at least I had to turn the volume down. In these cases it didn't sound bloated or lacking control just a bit too much and not as good as the H-150, Altone200 and DN-1000 (though the last 2 are 3 times more expensive).

The Fidue A71 is a fantastic IEM, as is the H-150, but hot competition to the H-150 at the same price range, TTPOD T1E, VSD3/S. I really hope CTC will carry these in stock soon as I wouldn't mind grabbing a 2nd.

Hope this helps....

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #12 of 21
Hey guys,

Here is my review. I followed lordsinister's format.

T-PEOS is known for their creativity and at times unique sound.  They have truly been pioneers in the hybrid market.  The H-150 marks their first hybrid with a combination of dual dynamic and single balance armature drivers.  This combination provides the listener with a unique listening experience and something that is a touch different than many other hybrids on the market.  This will be my second review of a T-PEOS product.  A special thanks to Allanmarcus and also Jeremy from CTCAudio.com for making this review possible.

SPECIFICATION
MSRP:         $89 USD {CTCAudio.com}
Driver Units: Balanced Armature & 2 Dynamic Drivers
Impedance:  30 ohm @ 1 kHz
Sensitivity:    105dB @ 1 kHz
Power:          100mW (max)
Frequency:   20 Hz ~ 10 kHz
Connector:    3.5 mm / 4pole 24 K gold plated L-type plug
Cord:             Half flat type rubber cable, 1.2 m / Balanced Y-Type
Weight:         16 g

ACCESSORIES
The H-150 comes with basic packaging.  The review unit I received came with three pairs of tips. Two silicone and one pair of foam tips.  The box itself mentions that more tips (3 pairs silicone ear tips/3 pairs double ear tips) are included in a new package so it is entirely possible that I did not receive everything.  Also included is the warranty card, ear guides, shirt clip, and fairly simple carrying pouch.  This pouch will easily fit inside of a pocket but I would not want to test its capabilities of protecting the earphones themselves from damage.

BUILD QUALITY

The H-150 is lightweight and yet still feels very solidly built.  During my time with these earphones I never found myself worrying about their construction.  Nothing feels loose or poorly put together so that is certainly encouraging.  Cables are flat with a mic which can be helpful to prevent tangling.  Flat cables seem to bother many but I have had zero issues with them so far.  Left and right drivers are clearly marked and the cable is terminated with a standard right angle 3.5mm plug.  The earphones themselves are quite large but even though I have small ears I had no fit issues.  Therefore design seems to be very intentional and effective despite the large housings.

ISOLATION
Isolation is actually better than what one would expect given the large housings.  I found that they were reasonably effective at blocking noise but definitely not at the level of my old etymotics or even my aurisonics rockets.  Of course tips and proper seal can make a difference here as well.

MICROPHONICS
Microphonics were never an issue for me during my review period.  I mostly wore these cable down.

COMFORT
"Considering the H-150 design, the fit took me completely by surprise. With its lightweight housing, they are one of the most comfortable earphone I've used. They can be used for an extended period without any discomfort or fatigue, especially when worn over-the-ear." -lordsinister  I include lordsinister's quote here because I would agree with this assessment.  These are very comfortable earphones that are lightweight despite their large housing.  Great job T-PEOS!

SOUND

Lows
Lows are where the H-150s really shine.  Bass is powerful and fun.  This can make it quite enjoyable for certain types of music.  Bass quality is above average at this price range.  Yet if you are looking for tight accurate bass you can find better.  I felt that bass bleed was significantly better than the Fidue A31s but still lags slightly behind the DN-1000s. I found bass presence to be relatively similar to the Dunu DN-1000 and clearly more than T-PEOS’ other offering the Altone 200.  These definitely have more bass quantity than the DN-2000s and the Rockets though you do not get near the quality.  The H-150s have enough rumble to thoroughly satisfy me when listening to my electronic tracks.  Yet I found myself slightly disappointed when playing other genres of music.

Mids
I think I have been spoiled in this area by the other earphones that I have owned in the past.  H-150 mids are by no means bad.  In fact they are smooth and relatively clear.  Vocals are satisfactory and indeed slightly above average.  Mids are certainly not disappointing.  Yet I feel that mids and highs are clearly better on the Altones in the T-PEOS line-up.  Perhaps this is the driver setup but more likely it is due to my own personal bias and preferences.

Highs

When I first put these in my ears I was immediately struck by the reality that these are not the Altone 200s.  Yet that is in no way a bad thing.  Clarity and detail retrieval are in no way equal to the Altones.  However, fatigue is not an issue at all with these.  With the Altones fatigue would set in after about an hour.  I could listen to these for long periods of time without listening fatigue.  Sibilance was never an issue during my time with the H-150s.  Once again these have very smooth highs that are perhaps slightly recessed.  If you are looking for super crisp highs than these are not for you.  But if you are looking for accurate enough and still very smooth than these will be right up your alley.

Presentation
The soundstage is quite good at this price range and in no way lacking or congested.  Instrument separation is above average though once again better can be found out there.  Clarity is just enough to satisfy most but it will not satisfy the ultra-clarity seekers out there.  However, I would still suggest clarity lovers to give these a shot due to their bassy and fun signature.

Conclusion
Overall I feel that these are a pretty great earphone for the price.  I would love to test them out against the Shure 215s and the like which are near the same price and are well known.  Once again T-PEOS makes a product with a unique and yet still very enjoyable design and sound.  I would not hesitate to recommend these to those looking for a fun signature for a low price.  

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #13 of 21
I have T-Peos H-150 here atm.

The story behind it is such a long tiresome exercise. Basically, I'd been trying to get a sample since late last year and just forgot about it. Then all of a sudden I've ended up with one months later. From the listening I've done, I don't find them bad, but nothing was striking me as over performing. 

Let me get back to them over coming weeks and say a bit more. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #14 of 21
  I have T-Peos H-150 here atm.

The story behind it is such a long tiresome exercise. Basically, I'd been trying to get a sample since late last year and just forgot about it. Then all of a sudden I've ended up with one months later. From the listening I've done, I don't find them bad, but nothing was striking me as over performing. 

Let me get back to them over coming weeks and say a bit more. 

I have to write up a review myself on a review sample sent my way, and return my pair.
They  grew on me in the time that I had them. I agree that they didn't sound that great when I first started listening to them, but over time I have come to really appreciate the H-150's strengths, and at such a good price point.

Anyway cheers, glad you finally got them for review. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #15 of 21
  I have to write up a review myself on a review sample sent my way, and return my pair.
They  grew on me in the time that I had them. I agree that they didn't sound that great when I first started listening to them, but over time I have come to really appreciate the H-150's strengths, and at such a good price point.

Anyway cheers, glad you finally got them for review. 

Yes you do!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back