T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Nov 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #406 of 1,259
Hmm indeed, for the purposes of getting to know them i have now listened to them solely since yesterday and some vocals really do annoy me but others are getting more bearable.

Just gave them a spin next to the 4.Ai and the first noticeable thing is the treble and bass differences, the H100 have more treble and a brighter sound but the 4.Ai i have more mid-bass. The Vocals come in and the sound of the 4.Ai sound much more natural and more tonally correct. The H100 is more recessed and they have like a underlying tinge of brightness or just weirdness.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #407 of 1,259
Lol, but many said that they don't hear what you hear from these IEMs.

Really? haven't you read the entire thread. Most have agreed they do well with EDM, very well, earlier members contributing love them. You're not reading the PM msgs I have of first impressions from eke and others. Most have enjoyed the sound to some extend it's just when they're on-screen their tunes seem to change. I think three days is simply not enough to learn the IEM completely and any comments on that is party speculation going on audio memory.

Take a look at part of ekes impressions here through msgs.

As you can see Swimsonny is already enjoying them to a larger extent and has stated they are one of the best he has heard for EDM, I agree. And trust me Swim has tried several IEM's, he reviews them. Not to mention many other experienced members praising H-100 in earlier pages of this thread for their sound entirely.

How about you.. just enjoy your Ortofon eQ5 you paid $199 for instead of wondering if you made the wrong choice.

Personally, I would of taken ClieOS advice he gave you in the eQ5 review thread.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #408 of 1,259
Hi there :)
I am a writer of "denkami.blogspot.com" (announced in this thread.)
I was a first open-beta tester for Golden Ears and SWT(Shin-Woo Tech) of T-PEOS H-100.
After testing with some members in Golden Ears, SWT released H-100 to market in South Korea.
First of their producing model was only H-100KG, but now it has many different models even minor version B-100 also released in about 25 USD !

Sound ?
It makes really crispy clear sound in mid-to-high freq and mid to low freq. is not so heavy.

* I'm not well writing in English , plz understand :)

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #409 of 1,259
Wow.

Welcome to Head-fi Raphael!

Thank you for posting in here hope to hear some more from you and also your thoughts on this product. ( or anything else you feel like posting up even )

How popular are the H-100 in Korea ( if you know )?
 Also is the Shinwoo company well thought of there also?

I think your English is very good. Better than my Korean
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #410 of 1,259
Quote:
Wow.

Welcome to Head-fi Raphael!

Thank you for posting in here hope to hear some more from you and also your thoughts on this product. ( or anything else you feel like posting up even )

How popular are the H-100 in Korea ( if you know )?
 Also is the Shinwoo company well thought of there also?

I think your English is very good. Better than my Korean
beerchug.gif

Thank you "nick n" :)
T-PEOS H-100 is a brand new IEM in South Korea.
And it is a 1st certificated product of Golden Ears. (As you know, Golden Ears is a audio community based company in South Korea. and it is placed in Seoul)
Also I am a member of Golden Ears.

Compare with my well-known IEMs ( Dynamic drivers and BA )
 1. Super.Fi3st, Super.Fi4 ( also have vi mode ) 
 2. UE100, UE200 ( also have vi model ), UE600, UE700
 3. SONY XBA-1
 4. MEE electronics A151
 5. Sound Magic PL30, PL50
 6. JVC HA-FX1X

H-100 is really makes brilliant sound. ( when it connected in iPhone and iPod touch3/4/5 .. )
People guess what is brilliant sound, and I can answer that - from deep bass to high frequency, it feels like shiny.
Just if it compare with UE700 ( because double BA used ), H-100 makes more shiny sound.
The other side of shiny sound of H-100, it feels light-weight sound. ( I guess some people will not like H-100's brilliant sound )
Think, when you have listen "April Rain" of "Delain", you can feel snare of drum going to shine with sun. ( could you guess what I am describe ? )

Popular .... 
Hmmm .. I don't know how many people using this IEM in Seoul or South Korea.
Many members of Golden Ears - are using this IEM.

* and hot news : *
And just a few days ago, LG launched new Optiums-G with brand new IEM as bundle.
you can see measurement of Optimus G IEM : ( Golden Ears, Korean articles, read all )
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2407709
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2407729

Regards , Raph.K.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #411 of 1,259
Raph. K :

Thanks. Yes I can understand your description very well.
I have a number of electrostatic headphones. I understand the "lighter weight" sound. Even though they are incredibly fast and detailed and do have bass to varying degrees, many of the electrostats lack a bit simply in what could be described as body/bulk/weight in a few areas, especially the lower regions.
The sounds are still there, stunningly so at times, so still there but it is not felt as much,  it is more heard. A bit of an adjustment for some people.
If someone is used to the pounding sound pressure of a dynamic bass hitting their ears they may not like it when it is more heard than felt.

This is why i like vintage orthodynamics, which can approach electrostatic speed, highs, and details, and at the same time they give some weight to the sound.

I am hoping that because this is the combination of driver types in these H-100, that it will cover , more or less, both areas for me much like I find in orthos.
Balanced Armature for the sparkle, and dynamic driver for the body/bulk/weight.
That was my initial thinking anyhow. I can adjust slightly either way due to using all types of headphones a fair bit. ( dynamic, electrostatic, orthodynamic )

A bit off topic maybe but it is something I wanted to mention in regards to the qualities of things being reported by different folks so far.

By the way I just opened mine up. WOWEE

There's so many views of this thread i thought a few more pictures wouldn't hurt. Everyone loves pictures right.

Seller I got mine from on ebay timo5528, generously included a USB wall charger, but it's Korean spec plug. I may have an adapter kicking around.
************EDIT I was just packing the shipment box up and found a proper plug adapter he had thoughtfully added also, tucked into the bubble wrapping. I can properly use this now YESSIR! *****
Wasn't expecting any additional stuff when i placed the order.
I have to say like others in here, possibly the fastest shipping ever. Almost physically impossible in my mind.

Really nice quality box here. No sloppy balsa wood egg-crate here. The holographic decal comes off nicely without
leaving residue so don't cut it if you want it intact for later. It's obviously the metallic decal that was described in the 2 types of warranty proofs needed.

Hmm warranty card is hand signed, was expecting some sort of stamp

What wasn't expected was the extra set of multi-flange OOPS they are not multiflange-they are hybrid tips in the carrying/storage pouch !
YAY! I thought it only came with the 4 normal pairs.

Really nice in person very solid feel to them. Classy.  One thing I also just noticed is that the strain relief and cabling is all PVC free.
I mean honestly do i really need to comment on the picture below. I don't think so.

Sound impressions in a bit if I feel up to throwing out some sort of description. Might just make some notes for now and compare them to after a few days.

Hope the pictures were interesting ( I'm lookin' at you... LURKERS )

UPDATE all I am going to say for now after listening to these for a couple hours off an A-X55 Dynamic Super- A Integrated AMP ( tone bypass  setting and a crossfeed cable ) is
blink.gif
confused_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Further impressions in a few days.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #415 of 1,259
Well, mine arrived yesterday, and are currently under burn-in until they reach the 50 hour mark. Then I'll finally listen to them... :ph34r:

Wow that must be torture... waiting for so long. :p

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #416 of 1,259
Quote:
Wow that must be torture... waiting for so long.
tongue.gif

Well, not really. I'm a strong minded guy, and since they will also be my first experience with the BA technology, I want to be sure they are properly burned in by the first time I listen to them. I guess I'm not going to listen to my favourite dynamic IEMs in the next few days, so I'll have a clear mind when I listen to the H-100 for the first time! But comparisons are bound to happen for sure... 
smile.gif

Quote:
Give en a listen and enjoy the burn in process

Don't tempt me! 
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #417 of 1,259
Well, not really. I'm a strong minded guy, and since they will also be my first experience with the BA technology, I want to be sure they are properly burned in by the first time I listen to them. I guess I'm not going to listen to my favourite dynamic IEMs in the next few days, so I'll have a clear mind when I listen to the H-100 for the first time! But comparisons are bound to happen for sure... :smile:

Looking forward to your comparisons mate. I'm kinda in the same boat, all I have been listening to lately were my Yamaha EPH-100s, and within the next few hours I'm supposed to take possession of some Moving BA Ortofons e-Q5s. Which are going to be my first BA. :D

Don't think I could wait till Sunday before listening to them though. I'm already too excited and can stop looking out the Windows for the parcelforce van. :xf_eek:

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #418 of 1,259
Still looking but less convinced I will go for these, lack of feel and too wider U eq curve worries me most. Reviews aren't generally positive enough for me to gamble

Compares with the tf10 I had before where majority of people agreed on the sound in general

Users who are viewing this thread

Back