T-PEOS Altone250 U.S. Tour & Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2015 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 153

nmatheis

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello fellow headfi-ers,

I'm happy to announce that EmpJ from CTC Audio reached out to me to organize a U.S. tour for the new T-PEOS Altone250. Thanks CTC Audio!!!

The 250 is the mid-range product in the new Altone line from T-PEOS. The full Altone line consists of:

LINKS OF INTEREST
Official Altone250 page
New Altone lineup
jonyoo's T-PEOS thread
Altone350 Australian Tour & Impressions Thread

ON TO THE TOUR...

TOUR RULES
1. Open to 10 US headfi-ers who meet the following criteria and agree to all rules
2. You have been a member of headfi since 2014, have at least one previous review on headfi, and have at least 100 posts on headfi
3. To keep the tour moving along, you agree to keep the Altone250 for no longer than 7 days
4. When you receive the Altone250, you agree to contact nmatheis and the next tour member to coordinate shipping
5. After your 7 days are up, you agree to ship the Altone250 via Express / Priority mail and provide a Tracking # to nmatheis and the next tour member
5) You agree to post a formal review on headfi

Please acknowledge that you agree to tour terms and conditions when you post to express interest in the tour.

TENTATIVE TOUR ORDER
will reorder once members are locked in to minimize shipping times
nmatheis - DONE
Ivabign - WAITING FOR REVIEW
Cotnijoe - DONE
faithguy19 - DONE
Carlsan - WAITING FOR REVIEW
originalsnuffy - DONE
Hisoundfi - IN PROGRESS
earthpeople - NEXT UP

The post below will be used to aggregate links to reviews for the tour.

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 153
Lucky you :wink_face:

How're they treating your ears?
They are very warm and smooth so far. I bet that's the first time anyone said that about a t-peos unit!

I get some driver flex on each side, so I gta be careful inserting them. They are however a very enjoyable listening experience, and the detachable cable is top notch.

I think they are really decent so far. I gta spend some more time with them before drawing a final conclusion. I just got them in yesterday.

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 153
All good. I'm jamming the altone 150 right now as I type this. Looking forward to hearing the 250

I also have the 150s. Quite like the size and sound, but still haven't had a chance to give them a good long listen.

Lucky you
wink_face.gif

The way the cable connectors enter the housing, I find the 150s don't fit well worn up... cable sticks out and doesn't stay wrapped around the ear (lack of cinch doesn't help). Worn down is better. As with the 350, was also having seal issues using stock eartips and Spinfits (either went too deep and then caused vacuum, or not deep enough and didn't seal properly). Found satisfaction using comply foam tips.

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #9 of 153

Lucky you
wink_face.gif

They are very warm and smooth so far. I bet that's the first time anyone said that about a t-peos unit!

I get some driver flex on each side, so I gta be careful inserting them. They are however a very enjoyable listening experience, and the detachable cable is top notch.

I think they are really decent so far. I gta spend some more time with them before drawing a final conclusion. I just got them in yesterday.

Is this the same cable connection as M6 Pro?

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #12 of 153

Is this the same cable connection as M6 Pro?

I'll check when I get home.

Did you get the 250 or 350 in?

No, still waiting.  In a way I'm kind of glad since I have less distractions to finish up other reviews :)

Regarding cable, from pictures it kind of looks like the same DC connector jack.  Just wondering if they are interchangeable and T-Peos has a higher quality cable you can use with M6 Pro or the other way around if you want over-ear fitment with T-Peos which M6 cable offers without a problem.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #13 of 153
@hakushondaimao: Throw some ear guides on those 150s
wink_face.gif

Tried. They didn't help. Am away at a conference, and couldn't be bothered to bring the guides as they don't help me. Maybe I just have a weird head...

Thankfully they're comfortable worn down, and seal is good with the Comply's. Am going to give them a run with the Spinal Dot tips some time soon, too.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #15 of 153
Bummer! I don't mind wearing IEM down. In fact, as long as they're secure I prefer it.

Hopefully we'll get some new participants in the thread after people hop on the interwebz tonight...

See my edit to previous post... I'm very happy with the fit when worn down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back