T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #91 of 1,424
We all know that purchasing an IEM is always a risk if you haven't auditioned it beforehand.

YES! O god do I know this.

That's part of the excitement!

No.... :neutral_face:

I'm not insulted mate, takes a bit more than that.

Like mentioning driver flex amiright buddy :kissing_heart:

What I haven't told everyone is there's a number of well known reviewers receiving samples of Alton200 very soon, such as ClieOS, d marc0, Brooko, Ostewart, DigitalFreak, they'll all have an opinion to set the course of motion. What distracts me is my job was to introduce the product, nothing more, then I get caught up in questions and become the 'hype driver.' Any hint of me being the driving force I'll feel obligated to back away knowing those reviews are coming. 

I like that list :thumbsup:

Also, ☺️. Great post d marc0

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #93 of 1,424
Why does the thread say Alton200 when the box says Altone200?

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #95 of 1,424
Why does the thread say Alton200 when the box says Alton[COLOR=FF0000]e[/COLOR]200?

Strange you might mention this. During my conversations with T-Peos who speak Korean I was constantly informed the product name was Alton200 even though I could clearly see the name ALTONE written on my prototype sample. After being informed many times I assumed there was a name change.

As you see here even mobyn calls it Alton in the sponsor section . (As I was informed)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724471/t-peos-announce-releasing-alton200-and-start-preorder-limitedly#post_10661615

After seeing d marc0's sample how about we call it Altone200 now as I believe that is the final name. :p

I will reflect this later on today.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #96 of 1,424
Would love to get some measurements on the treble region of the Altone200.  I don't mind a little elevation in that region, but the graph of the H300 was a little scary.  It sounds like that issue was addressed with this model, but I'd still like to have a better sense of it. 

I'm very impressed with the concept behind this.  

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #97 of 1,424
If T-Peos is taking feedback in their product design, I would recommend a higher end model that has the ergonomic housing design of the 1plus2 or Westone style.  My biggest gripe with the current hybrids is that they're almost all the bullet shape and can be too big for many ears. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #98 of 1,424
  If T-Peos is taking feedback in their product design, I would recommend a higher end model that has the ergonomic housing design of the 1plus2 or Westone style.  My biggest gripe with the current hybrids is that they're almost all the bullet shape and can be too big for many ears. 

That's a good idea.  A major part of the reason the Brainwav R1s wound up being used is their ergonomic shape.  I believe this shape also contributes to greater isolation.

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #99 of 1,424
I'll be getting yet another hybrid to review soon as well, the Rhapsodio Rider 1.0

Jul 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #101 of 1,424
Lol 1plus2 short nozzle, Ergonomic.. yea. But yes westone -better example. Or shure

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #102 of 1,424
I just noticed that the thread heading is spot on!

"High End Sound, Cheap as Chips"

[size=small]Good on you @H20Fidelity! 'couldn't have stated it better myself...[/size]

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #104 of 1,424

Or like the Aurisonics ASG-2

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #105 of 1,424
The ASG 2's ergonomics are good but the earpieces are a bit too big overall. The Tenore was bullet shaped but quite comfy given its size. If they could get the components inside a KC06 form factor, that would be sweet. Getting compared to the Tenore is already impressive on its own IMB. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back