T-Amp & Astron PS, Should I leave the PS on?
Jun 16, 2005 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cmirza

1000+ Head-Fier
I always turn off my T-Amp when I'm not using it, but I'm curious to if I should leave the Astron PS on as well. Will it be drawing any signifigant amount of power (other than the light of course) and would it cause any unecessary wear and tear on the PS to leave it on? Thanks for your input.

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 3
I small astron psu doesnt use hardly any power, even when a tamp is drawing from it.

Plus it will only use as much power as requested by whatever is hooked up to it. So when the tamp is off... the LED is the only thing using power :p

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Since the Astron PS is supposed to be of higher quality and is regulated, I don't think you should have a problem.

But as a warning to those using switching PSs (such as the Radio Shack 13.8 v model), it's not a good idea to leave the PS on while the T-amp is off. Even with the T-amp off, there appeared to be these "surges" in which it would "power" on, probably due to the PS not being that great. The LED would blink on and the speakers would make the noise like they were turning on. I have no idea what exactly happened, but it definitely never happened with batteries. While the T-amp and PS were both off, I had no problems. However, after a few weeks, my T-amp was fried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back