T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Mar 9, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #1,051 of 1,815
I can relate to the earsize... Out of curiosity I checked what Cosmetic Surgery would cost to reduce the size of my earlobes. €900 for both. I guess I will simply continue to fold them into the earcups. Thankfully it's only by a marginal degree that they touch the insides of the earcups or else... 😇🤣

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #1,052 of 1,815
Hi angelom,
I have posted this in this thread because the one or other person decide against the Bathys only because of volume step problems, as you have mentioned earlier. So maybe it is interesting for them to read that with a little BT dongle that problem can be fixed.

Hi rael67,

I still don't understand why posting this information here is useful. I'm sure that the people who returning / selling the Bathys only / specially because of the big volume jumps problem will not spending 500 euros extra (or $800 extra in the USA!) for the ST, maybe they spending 200 euros / USD for the price of the 5909 (1000 euros / USD). This people, if they liking the Bathys sound very much, are probably still looking at the Bathys threads hoping seeing for firmware update that fixing this problem. So the information you're giving is very useful there, but not really here. But this is just my opinion.

For me and my big ears the earcups are unfortunately not big enough. That was already a problem for me with the H95 and is one point that made the Bathys very comfortable for me.

Is a pity that maybe the ST earcups are a problem for you because I think that, for the music you usually listening to, you maybe appreciating very much the more neutral and balanced ST sound, and with the addition of excellent wired / passive mode performance if necessary.

Sorry if my last post maybe sounding a little rude, this isn't my intention at all.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #1,053 of 1,815
I can relate to the earsize... Out of curiosity I checked what Cosmetic Surgery would cost to reduce the size of my earlobes. €900 for both. I guess I will simply continue to fold them into the earcups. Thankfully it's only by a marginal degree that they touch the insides of the earcups or else... 😇🤣
Just wow. Lol. We audiophiles are nuts.

Mar 9, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #1,054 of 1,815
Hi Guys

I'm waiting for my delivery on AK SP3000 and considering pairing it with the Solitaire Ts.

Question 1
Meze Liric vs Solitaire Wireless T

Question 2
Does the Solitaire Ts need a lot of power and has anyone had any experience of pairing the with the AK SP3000?

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,055 of 1,815
Hi Guys

I'm waiting for my delivery on AK SP3000 and considering pairing it with the Solitaire Ts.

Question 1

Question 2
Does the Solitaire Ts need a lot of power and has anyone had any experience of pairing the with the AK SP3000?
Also curious to see opinions on this but I think likely it’s a question of usability.
SQ is likely better on the Meze.
Comfort also better on Meze I guess.

However they aren’t wireless and don’t offer the same use cases.
Going for a walk with the Meze is not going to be exactly practical compared to the wireless solitaire T.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #1,056 of 1,815
Hi Guys

Question 1

Question 2
I so happened got both liric and ST. my own opinion is that liric has better built (leather cups), better aesthetic design and much heavier bass. liric also has slightly bigger cups (internally) and fits more comfortably. but the clamping force is also a bit stronger which some might not like. weight feels similar (google shows me liric 391g vs ST 324g). liric is not particular hard to drive and i could enjoy it with my AK CA1000. sounds quite a bit more spacious and "warmer" then ST too.

that's not unexpected as liric is about 50% more expensive (i preordered mine and paid full retail price. likely now the liric can be have with 20% off or even better discount) without the wireless and anc functions. every one could have different preference but for me, yes, i do think liric sounds better. yet for wired closed-back below us$3k, my personal pick will be ha-wm90b (even more warm sounding and bass heavy, yet even better treble details rendering). i bought mine used at a price about the same liric costs me.

but again, ST's main attraction is very high quality sound performance in a wireless package (with 70hrs battery life!). i'm not sure comparing a more expensive wired headphone against ST is a fair comparison or it's the aim of this fine product :relaxed:

in the my experience in 2 very brief listening sessions with ST in wired, passive mode (purely for trying out), it seems not very power hungry and i could just drove it very loud using my portable gears (e.g. CA1000, M17, topping G5) similar to moderately demanding headphone like D8000.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #1,057 of 1,815
I so happened got both liric and ST. my own opinion is that liric has better built (leather cups), better aesthetic design and much heavier bass. liric also has slightly bigger cups (internally) and fits more comfortably. but the clamping force is also a bit stronger which some might not like. weight feels similar (google shows me liric 391g vs ST 324g). liric is not particular hard to drive and i could enjoy it with my AK CA1000. sounds quite a bit more spacious and "warmer" then ST too.

that's not unexpected as liric is about 50% more expensive (i preordered mine and paid full retail price. likely now the liric can be have with 20% off or even better discount) without the wireless and anc functions. every one could have different preference but for me, yes, i do think liric sounds better. yet for wired closed-back below us$3k, my personal pick will be ha-wm90b (even more warm sounding and bass heavy, yet even better treble details rendering).

This is interesting. Is apparent from your post that both headphones, Maze Liric and the Victor HA-WM90, are more warm and have more bass presence / lift / dBs than the ST.

I know that the complete picture about the sound of a headphone is more than its tonal balance / sound signature. BUT, one VERY important aspect of the ST is, in my opinion, its (practically perfect / impeccable) tonal balance. The ST is a very neutral / balanced headphone, but the great thing about this neutrality is that isn't neutral in a (often) dry, analytical, clinical or thin sounding way that you can finding in other 'neutral' headphones or earphones. I describing the sound signature from the beginning of this thread as neutral-warm, that is making the ST offering a very close to analogue sound. The ST isn't artificially / unnaturally dissecting all of the more small sounds in a recording (often with 'help' with peaks in treble or high mids in other headphones), but at the same time is clearly offering very good reproduction of details in the music (this is part of my analogue description before).

In the theory, a (very) more expensive headphone / earphone must sounding better than a more cheap headphone or earphone. The reality in audio is that this isn't always happening, for different reasons.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,058 of 1,815
Hi Guys

Question 1

Question 2
I too own Liric and ST. I use the ST more mainly due to the ANC and excellent quality wired performance. I would sat the Liric has significantly more quantity of sub bass and bass. The treble is more laid back, the soundstage wider and a bit deeper, and the mids are excellent. Totally different sounding headphone from the ST--but not necessarily a better sounding headphone. The ST have excellent tonality and rival my other DD close back Focal Stellia. The comfort of the Liric is superb. The Solitaire T is comfortable as well, but has smaller ear cups. My ears, I don't think are large, but the ST just barely fits without touching.

The ST require a bit of power to drive, but nothing a dongle can't easily handle. They do scale with better sources, so the SP3000 should make them shine.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #1,059 of 1,815
In the theory a more expensive headphone must sounding better than a more cheap headphone or earphone. The reality in audio is that this isn't always happening, for different reasons.
As you pointed out, more expensive doesn't mean it sounds better.

To me, the Focal Stellia and ST are very similar in performance even though the Stellia is almost 2x more expensive. I would say the Stellia is significantly overpriced for what you get today. It was at the time the best tuned closed back DD. But, time marches on, and we have more rivals in the market. I would say that the Liric is slightly overpriced for what you get as well.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #1,060 of 1,815
This is interesting. Is apparent from your post that both headphones, Maze Liric and the Victor HA-WM90, are more warm and have more bass presence / lift / dBs than the ST.

I know that the complete picture about the sound of a headphone is more than its tonal balance / sound signature. BUT, one VERY important aspect of the ST is, in my opinion, its (practically perfect / impeccable) tonal balance. The ST is a very neutral / balanced headphone, but the great thing about this neutrality is that isn't neutral in a (often) dry, analytical, clinical or thin sounding way that you can finding in other 'neutral' headphones or earphones. I describing the sound signature from the beginning of this thread as neutral-warm, that is making the ST offering a very close to analogue sound. The ST isn't artificially / unnaturally dissecting all of the more small sounds in a recording (often with peaks in treble or high mids in other headphones), but at the same time is clearly offering very good reproduction of details in the music (this is part of my analogue description before).

In the theory, a (very) more expensive headphone / earphone must sounding better than a more cheap headphone or earphone. The reality in audio is that this isn't always happening, for different reasons.
my personal view is neither liric or wm90b is a very natural or reference sounding headphone. my preference (which could change easily depends on my condition or from what, aka my reference yardstick, i heard recently :stuck_out_tongue:) is generally leaning towards more exciting sound that wm90b offers in a very tasteful way. DCA stealth is highly regarded by many (so did many other DCA cans) but I just couldn't like them - expanses is an exception that sounds great to me (with an obvious bass boast). it's also due to my personal preference i like the sound of my 5909 better than ST. ST sounds a bit too "boring" to me. it's very obvious that many have different preferences and would rank them in different orders - why it's always a good advice to demo in person before making any purchase :relaxed:

it's very true that price doesn't always bring higher performance, especially for audio gears which personal preference is a very important factor. the best iems to my ear is kse1200 yet it costs just a fraction of most top tier iems nowadays. my own experience is headphones are better or more consistent in terms of price/performance ratio - my personal favourite is susvara and it's also one of the most costly headphone i got (even i like susvara so much, for some music, i sometimes found he1000se more preferable than susvara too). but definitely some much cheaper ones are exceptionally good and better than their more expensive siblings - wp900 comes to my mind. hd800s and d9200 are also very good against many new headphones with much higher price tags.

As you pointed out, more expensive doesn't mean it sounds better.

To me, the Focal Stellia and ST are very similar in performance even though the Stellia is almost 2x more expensive. I would say the Stellia is significantly overpriced for what you get today. It was at the time the best tuned closed back DD. But, time marches on, and we have more rivals in the market. I would say that the Liric is slightly overpriced for what you get as well.
i got stellia too and like it quite a lot. i got utopia 1st and like it so much i bought also stellia (but they sounds quite differently in fact). i prefer stellia over liric in terms of sound but both are very good headphones to me (so i also prefer stellia over ST in terms of sound - just becoz I prefer more entertaining tunning). liric is more comfortable though. btw, liric and stellia cost comparably in my city, which is about 40% or 60% more expensive than what i paid for my ST. i won't call any headphones, even SUS or 1266TC, 100% or even just 50%, better sounding than ST. it's more a different take of sound reproduction and what's better depends heavily on what one likes more.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,061 of 1,815
If you, like me, are using your ST a lot in bluetooth / HQ mode with your laptop (I'm using 16" 2021 MacBook Pro), and maybe after the ST's December firmware update you're still thinking the maximum volume isn't sufficiently loud, maybe you can trying the inexpensive BT Sennheiser BTD 600 dongle. For my surprise, the maximum volume with this dongle is considerably more loud than only connecting the ST directly to my MBP's BT. The BTD 600 is using aptX Adaptive that is backwards compatible with aptX HD (and normal aptX too).

I don't want trying the BTD 600 with my iPhone for 2 reasons: a) I don't have the necessary adapter for this dongle with iPhone, and b) I don't want carrying extra adapter and dongle when I'm using my ST with my iPhone.

EDIT: BTD 600 is also working perfectly with my 11" 2019 iPad Pro, and no extra adapter is necessary.

I want giving update of the BTD 600. This is a very interesting update, at least for MacBook Pros (MBP). I'm sorry but I don't owning a Windows laptop/computer so I'm not sure if the same thing is happening there. So, this post is for the people that maybe thinking about buying the BTD 600 for using with a MBP and/or recent iPad models.

I sometimes listening to music at low volumes, specially when I'm working or sometimes very late at night. I saying yesterday that the BTD 600 is giving significantly more maximum volume than if I only connecting my ST to my MBP. For me this can becoming a problem sometimes because, with only 16 volume steps in Apple devices, things can becoming very loud or very quiet with only one volume step difference.

So, my discovery is this. If I only use the volume directly from the MBP, loud mastered albums can sounding very loud or very quiet with only one volume step difference. BUT, if I use the ST for controlling the volume and not my MBP, I have several more steps for finding exactly the volume I want, specially in the more low volumes of the volume range. Why is this different in my MBP from my ST specifically with this dongle, I don't know, but is VERY good news for me because I'm very sensitive to small volume changes, specially in mid and low volumes.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #1,062 of 1,815
All very good points to consider.

I guess more context would be helpful why I'm considering either Meze Lirics or STs.

Music preference would be leaning towards bassier and more entertaining tuning with clarity.

I'd like to have the option for wired reference sound with the option to switch to Bluetooth if required.

Meze in comparison is Planar so I guess they're completely different and maybe an unfair comparison.

Maybe I'm asking for too much 😀

But I've heard from several sources both paired with SP3000, STs come out on top.

Mar 9, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #1,063 of 1,815
All very good points to consider.

I guess more context would be helpful why I'm considering either Meze Lirics or STs.

Music preference would be leaning towards bassier and more entertaining tuning with clarity.

I'd like to have the option for wired reference sound with the option to switch to Bluetooth if required.

Meze in comparison is Planar so I guess they're completely different and maybe an unfair comparison.

Maybe I'm asking for too much 😀

But I've heard from several sources both paired with SP3000, STs come out on top.

To be honest I always found the Liric to be a bit peculiar in their tuning. A bit shouty and a certain lack of subtlety.

As @angelom already said, in comparison the ST have a more balanced tonality and as a result feel more satisfying to my ears...

I therefore ended up selling the Liric and keeping the Stellia and VC

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,064 of 1,815
Sorry to disrupt the flow of the above thread, but wanted to chime in on the above topic and a new one too.

First, I am so pleased to see good conversations regrading the sonics of T+A Solitaire T against Focal Bathys/Stellia/Utopia (2016 or 2022 version ?), Meze Audio Liric, Victor HA-WM90, and other cans; thank you! 😊🎧
Very interesting to read, and understand and identify what posters' individual sonic tastes are too.

In my case, I think it is fair to compare the Solitaire T to similarly priced or higher wired cans, as they were developed as passive closed-back headphones first, and can be run balanced too. The wireless part is itself awesome, but in my opinion a bonus.
Therefore, I hope people do not just re-categorise the Solitaire T in just the wireless camp alone, as it is more than that, but please continue to add your impressions!

I am currently writing up a review of the T+A Solitaire T with my FiiO M17, in wireless Bluetooth HQ (codec testing is a chore 😪), and simultaneously I am considering to it have properly posted on an audio journal or via forum, but I still have a few areas I need to continue testing.

One of those arrived yesterday, and I am A/B testing the difference.
That device is the Shargeek Storm2 battery power bank, with configurable DC output and 100W output via USB-C.

As I created some pretty pics and unboxing, thought to share (and yes, Solitaire T is featured and hooked up!) 😃🎶🎧

In short, the M17 was already pushing the boundaries of what the Solitaire T can do in fully balanced mode. This is via the M17's DC input mode when using the included linear switching PSU.
Using the M17 DC input, and sliding a switch on the device from Battery to to DC, this allows access to a fifth gain mode called Enhanced Over-ear mode, which bypasses the internal battery and directly feeds the 2x ESS9038Pro DAC's and 2x THX 788+ amps, giving a full 3W/channel. With my Solitaire T I have the volume adjusted between 60 to 75 volume out of 120 steps depending on song or album choice, and this is in either streaming (Tidal or USB Audio Player Pro) or local storage on the device (SanDisk MicroSD XC Extreme 1Tb card).

Music I threw at my system was very varied, from DSD files from Jazz at the Pawnshop (and Late Night additional album), my DSF/DSD files ripped from SACD's of Supertramp, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis, high-resolution files from Kendrick Lamar, Led Zeppelin, Massive Attack, Nas, David Bowie, and Nils Frahm, MQA files from Beyonce, Gorillaz, Ludwig Goransson, Stephen Moccio, Metallica, and a large collection of CD quality albums from Massive Attack, Yoko Kanno, Pendulum, Rob Dougan, The Chemical Brothers, Sampha, Deadmau5, The Beastie Boys...and more!

After weeks of testing, the results with the linear power supply versus Bluetooth HQ and single-ended are:

Bass:
Removed some of the small amount of fuzziness in the lowest octaves of the headphone's sub-bass region when compared to Bluetooth HQ or single-ended mode.
Further, added body to the mid and high-mid bass regions.
The lean muscular bass voicing of the Solitaire T is enhanced further with a tightness on bass notes (goosebump raising), and, oddly, added extra bass presence without boominess (YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS 😃).

Mids:
Increased the already amazing grip on texture control of the mids.
As with my bass observation above, tighter notes here as well, (adding extra body definition), but also a stronger emphasis on naturalness; the midrange now possess liquidity over Bluetooth HQ and single-ended. This revelation exposed that the aforementioned modes had a slight diffusion on the edge of the midrange notes, which is only notable via the absence of that diffusion when using a powerful fully-balanced DAC/amp combo.

Treble:
Accentuated the treble sparkle and air, but this time without that almost harsh-but-not-quite treble pressure.
Or, to say another way, in Bluetooth HQ and single-ended modes, the treble possess high-pressure output that is off-sibilant, yet refreshing to any other wireless or wired cans I have used.
Yet, via the M17, that high-pressure remains but is now even less differentiated from the mids and bass, thus reducing that just-off sibilant focal point.

With that said, how does the Shargeek Storm2 fare when used instead of the linear switching PSU?
It is too soon to give a full analysis, but I do know one major change in sound: any harshness that was present with the Solitaire T in Bluetooth HQ or single-ended has gone. I want to further explain that said harshness is very minute (and I really mean that), but I only discovered it's existence when comparing the change of power supply, and when using the Solitaire T with the wireless electronics on and set to Bluetooth HQ mode.
The positive points I raised regarding the bass, treble, and mids with the M17 and linear switching power supply still exist when using the external battery bank, however the noise floor seems to have dropped, in my system, enough that I am now able to listen to the same tracks/albums a good 5 - 10dB lower (give or take a few dB's). Please, read that again, and no audible harshness.
That is not an insignificant change.

Sure, all I have done is used a different power supply, and I genuinely thought that the external battery would be a small change, but I am convinced that it has exposed issues of power delivery from the mains, which I have not ever compensated before as I did not have such a revealing system as I do now.
I switched back to the linear switching power supply to check if I was hearing things, because before before the power supply change I could not hear any noise with the Solitaire T and M17 . However, the absence of harshness is how I knew that I had do have inherent noise in my system. The removal of that noise via the Storm2 not only removed that very slight harshness of the M17/Solitaire 2 in balanced mode, but also reduced the noise floor, allowing the music to flow as a single voice via the T+A Solitaire T.

The outright power of the Solitaire T with the M17 and Storm2, fully balanced, made the hairs on the back of my neck rise. I struggled to identify the bass, mids, or treble regions, as now they are effortlessly cohesive, presented as a whole instead of fragmented.
I have now sank twice into long music listening sessions lasting about five hours total since receiving the Storm2; three last night (was basically in a music induced coma 🔊🎧), and four this afternoon/evening. I am still listening to this setup as I type!

There is more testing and listening to be done, but, I am very satisfied at this system and enhancements!
I am still considering an upgrade cable for the T+A Solitaire T, but outside of that, I think I will just stop thinking of other gear and just listen to my music in new bliss 🎧🥰

PSX_20230309_132738.jpg
PSX_20230309_132936.jpg
PSX_20230309_133008.jpg
PSX_20230309_133418.jpg
PSX_20230309_133611.jpg
PSX_20230309_133841.jpg
PSX_20230309_133922.jpg
PSX_20230309_134034.jpg
PSX_20230309_134238.jpg
PSX_20230309_134431.jpg
PSX_20230309_135036.jpg
PSX_20230309_135257.jpg
PSX_20230309_135923.jpg
PSX_20230309_140010.jpg
PSX_20230309_140833.jpg
PSX_20230309_141123.jpg
PSX_20230309_141556.jpg
PSX_20230309_141714.jpg
PSX_20230309_142139.jpg
PSX_20230309_142225.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #1,065 of 1,815
Sorry to disrupt the flow of the above thread, but wanted to chime in on the above topic and a new one too.

First, I am so pleased to see good conversations regrading the sonics of T+A Solitaire T against Focal Bathys/Stellia/Utopia (2016 or 2022 version ?), Meze Audio Liric, Victor HA-WM90, and other cans; thank you! 😊🎧
Very interesting to read, and understand and identify what posters' individual sonic tastes are too.

In my case, I think it is fair to compare the Solitaire T to similarly priced or higher wired cans, as they were developed as passive closed-back headphones first, and can be run balanced too. The wireless part is itself awesome, but in my opinion a bonus.
Therefore, I hope people do not just re-categorise the Solitaire T in just the wireless camp alone, as it is more than that, but please continue to add your impressions!

I am currently writing up a review of the T+A Solitaire T with my FiiO M17, in wireless Bluetooth HQ (codec testing is a chore 😪), and simultaneously I am considering to it have properly posted on an audio journal or via forum, but I still have a few areas I need to continue testing.

One of those arrived yesterday, and I am A/B testing the difference.
That device is the Shargeek Storm2 battery power bank, with configurable DC output and 100W output via USB-C.

As I created some pretty pics and unboxing, thought to share (and yes, Solitaire T is featured and hooked up!) 😃🎶🎧

In short, the M17 was already pushing the boundaries of what the Solitaire T can do in fully balanced mode. This is via the M17's DC input mode when using the included linear switching PSU.
Using the M17 DC input, and sliding a switch on the device from Battery to to DC, this allows access to a fifth gain mode called Enhanced Over-ear mode, which bypasses the internal battery and directly feeds the 2x ESS9038Pro DAC's and 2x THX 788+ amps, giving a full 3W/channel. With my Solitaire T I have the volume adjusted between 60 to 75 volume out of 120 steps depending on song or album choice, and this is in either streaming (Tidal or USB Audio Player Pro) or local storage on the device (SanDisk MicroSD XC Extreme 1Tb card).

Music I threw at my system was very varied, from DSD files from Jazz at the Pawnshop (and Late Night additional album), my DSF/DSD files ripped from SACD's of Supertramp, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis, high-resolution files from Kendrick Lamar, Led Zeppelin, Massive Attack, Nas, David Bowie, and Nils Frahm, MQA files from Beyonce, Gorillaz, Ludwig Goransson, Stephen Moccio, Metallica, and a large collection of CD quality albums from Massive Attack, Yoko Kanno, Pendulum, Rob Dougan, The Chemical Brothers, Sampha, Deadmau5, The Beastie Boys...and more!

After weeks of testing, the results with the linear power supply versus Bluetooth HQ and single-ended are:

Bass:
Removed some of the small amount of fuzziness in the lowest octaves of the headphone's sub-bass region when compared to Bluetooth HQ or single-ended mode.
Further, added body to the mid and high-mid bass regions.
The lean muscular bass voicing of the Solitaire T is enhanced further with a tightness on bass notes (goosebump raising), and, oddly, added extra bass presence without boominess (YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS 😃).

Mids:
Increased the already amazing grip on texture control of the mids.
As with my bass observation above, tighter notes here as well, (adding extra body definition), but also a stronger emphasis on naturalness; the midrange now possess liquidity over Bluetooth HQ and single-ended. This revelation exposed that the aforementioned modes had a slight diffusion on the edge of the midrange notes, which is only notable via the absence of that diffusion when using a powerful fully-balanced DAC/amp combo.

Treble:
Accentuated the treble sparkle and air, but this time without that almost harsh-but-not-quite treble pressure.
Or, to say another way, in Bluetooth HQ and single-ended modes, the treble possess high-pressure output that is off-sibilant, yet refreshing to any other wireless or wired cans I have used.
Yet, via the M17, that high-pressure remains but is now even less differentiated from the mids and bass, thus reducing that just-off sibilant focal point.

With that said, how does the Shargeek Storm2 fare when used instead of the linear switching PSU?
It is too soon to give a full analysis, but I do know one major change in sound: any harshness that was present with the Solitaire T in Bluetooth HQ or single-ended has gone. I want to further explain that said harshness is very minute (and I really mean that), but I only discovered it's existence when comparing the change of power supply, and when using the Solitaire T with the wireless electronics on and set to Bluetooth HQ mode.
The positive points I raised regarding the bass, treble, and mids with the M17 and linear switching power supply still exist when using the external battery bank, however the noise floor seems to have dropped, in my system, enough that I am now able to listen to the same tracks/albums a good 5 - 10dB lower (give or take a few dB's). Please, read that again, and no audible harshness.
That is not an insignificant change.

Sure, all I have done is used a different power supply, and I genuinely thought that the external battery would be a small change, but I am convinced that it has exposed issues of power delivery from the mains, which I have not ever compensated before as I did not have such a revealing system as I do now.
I switched back to the linear switching power supply to check if I was hearing things, because before before the power supply change I could not hear any noise with the Solitaire T and M17 . However, the absence of harshness is how I knew that I had do have inherent noise in my system. The removal of that noise via the Storm2 not only removed that very slight harshness of the M17/Solitaire 2 in balanced mode, but also reduced the noise floor, allowing the music to flow as a single voice via the T+A Solitaire T.

The outright power of the Solitaire T with the M17 and Storm2, fully balanced, made the hairs on the back of my neck rise. I struggled to identify the bass, mids, or treble regions, as now they are effortlessly cohesive, presented as a whole instead of fragmented.
I have now sank twice into long music listening sessions lasting about five hours total since receiving the Storm2; three last night (was basically in a music induced coma 🔊🎧), and four this afternoon/evening. I am still listening to this setup as I type!

There is more testing and listening to be done, but, I am very satisfied at this system and enhancements!
I am still considering an upgrade cable for the T+A Solitaire T, but outside of that, I think I will just stop thinking of other gear and just listen to my music in new bliss 🎧🥰

I think you've raised an important point.

I believe you raise an important point as the STs were designed first for wired use then the wireless capabilities were added.

Also glad to see what everyone's thoughts are and starting to appreciate everyone's opinion on here more then ever.

I also did a Fiio M17 review so comparing to yours, it's no where near as detailed.

Great review and good read.

I think I'm going to try and test both first somewhere in London once my SP3000 is burned in.

It's arriving tomorrow and I can't wait.

Also I've asked a few times but anyone had luck loading the SP3000 with other APKs like UAPP or PowerAmp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back