T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Mar 4, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #1,921 of 3,178
I know @DarginMahkum mentioned at one point that he was going to inquire into whether the Solitaire P's headband could be bent outward to accommodate larger heads -- any word on that?

Thanks for the American sound rec -- they only have the P-Se at the moment.
wow, would need an enormous head to need to bend them out lol....

Mar 4, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #1,922 of 3,178
wow, would need an enormous head to need to bend them out lol....
Let’s just say I have to go to specialty websites to find hats that will go on my head.

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #1,923 of 3,178
I know @DarginMahkum mentioned at one point that he was going to inquire into whether the Solitaire P's headband could be bent outward to accommodate larger heads -- any word on that?

Thanks for the American sound rec -- they only have the P-Se at the moment.
I didn't follow on that, unfortunately. Short after I received a new unit, I let it go.

Mar 4, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #1,924 of 3,178
Amazing song to test Solitaire P capabilities, wide and deep soundstage, solid bass. The song itself is not for everyone's tastes tough.

https://tidal.com/browse/track/98266746

1646431407581.png

Mar 7, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #1,925 of 3,178
At last I grabbed an HPA4 off the classifieds which will hopefully arrive this week. I will probably sell it again but I needed to end my curiosity vs the HA200 amplifier only. I will let you guys know.
So... I have been evaluating the HA200 vs HPA4+ADI-2 combo, and in the end decided to keep the HPA4+ADI-2 combo, mostly due to the flexibility of the PEQ and the I/O. When not tweaked via DSP (both have some DSP options), they are very close sounding. I will place the HA200 (again) on classifieds.

Mar 10, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #1,927 of 3,178
New headphone day for me. Thanks to all the regular posters in this thread, I decided to pull the trigger on these finally.

They've been burning in all day but tonight I'm very excited to sit down and finally hear them.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #1,928 of 3,178
New headphone day for me. Thanks to all the regular posters in this thread, I decided to pull the trigger on these finally.

They've been burning in all day but tonight I'm very excited to sit down and finally hear them.

congrats! really nice pics man!

run them in for a few days. Im thinking they will sound great out of your serene/AHB2 combo! let us know how the xi audio stack goes with it.

I have been going back and forth between the wa33 and primaluna/kinkiM7 with the SolP . I get a bit too much smearing and top end veil/blurriness with the Wa33 (but I think this is mainly due to the tubes combination I have on it right now..). with the pre/power combo, I can't seem to find any fault to the sound im getting.

enjoy your new toy!

Mar 10, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #1,929 of 3,178

Congratulations, great headphones!

Interested in knowing your impressions about that Room's stand. Does it hold the Sol P safely?

Mar 10, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #1,930 of 3,178
Congratulations, great headphones!

Interested in knowing your impressions about that Room's stand. Does it hold the Sol P safely?
it does but roasty has a better solution i think :D im a HUGE fan of the rooms stands.

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #1,931 of 3,178
Heh, speak of the devil. I just today received a pair of Soli P cans on loan from a very generous member here. These have been around the block for awhile, so are fully broken in. As I learned at CanJam, they are more efficient than Susvara, but they still like power, so I'm running directly off my NAD M22 V2 (on lowest gain). After a few hours of listening to various genres, my early impressions are that these are great for rock and classical/symphonic (if you like a more "romantic" sound). They clearly have a more prominent low end than the Susvara, but it's also a bit slower, woolier, and less pitch-specific. Imaging on these is like the lens is slightly out of focus. I'll have more to report in a day or two, but I will say these are a very enjoyable listen overall.

The one thing that I find quite annoying is the amount of squeaking and creaking that the pads do with even minor head movements. Are these pads simply worn out, or does anyone else have the same issue? The pad and headband material is also a bit irritating to my skin after wearing the headphones for a good while. Comfort is definitely not on the level of the Susvara, unfortunately.

Mar 11, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #1,932 of 3,178
The one thing that I find quite annoying is the amount of squeaking and creaking that the pads do with even minor head movements.
I only get that while wearing glasses.

Mar 11, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #1,933 of 3,178
I only get that while wearing glasses.
Thanks, you're exactly right! Unfortunately, I can't really function without my specs.

In general, I don't love the material of the pads/headband anyway, and would prefer leather. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear Dekoni makes aftermarket pads for this headphone.

Mar 11, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #1,934 of 3,178
Heh, speak of the devil. I just today received a pair of Soli P cans on loan from a very generous member here. These have been around the block for awhile, so are fully broken in. As I learned at CanJam, they are more efficient than Susvara, but they still like power, so I'm running directly off my NAD M22 V2 (on lowest gain). After a few hours of listening to various genres, my early impressions are that these are great for rock and classical/symphonic (if you like a more "romantic" sound). They clearly have a more prominent low end than the Susvara, but it's also a bit slower, woolier, and less pitch-specific. Imaging on these is like the lens is slightly out of focus. I'll have more to report in a day or two, but I will say these are a very enjoyable listen overall.

The one thing that I find quite annoying is the amount of squeaking and creaking that the pads do with even minor head movements. Are these pads simply worn out, or does anyone else have the same issue? The pad and headband material is also a bit irritating to my skin after wearing the headphones for a good while. Comfort is definitely not on the level of the Susvara, unfortunately.

great that you got a loaner set!
mine doesn't have any squeaking or creaking at all. I felt SolP pads were a lot more comfortable than the Susvara; the susvara material feels a bit "itchy" on my face after a while. also preferred size of the cups of the SolP - my ears feel space, whereas with the susvara my ears touch the driver protectors.

agree with the power comment. tried the SolP again with the Wa33 and hi gain sounds more immediate and punchier than with lo gain. I still enjoy it most via the tube pre/power combo.

If u can get adaptors and hook it up with a nice silver cable, well, I found the stock cable holds the P back, on both top and low end.

SolP definitely a darker hp than the Susvara, but truly an overall enjoyable listen. like the utopia, it's one which I can just forget about the chain and just listen to the music. but if one has the cash to spare, I would still say, TC and Susvara are must haves in the stable, with SolP as a different flavour offering and for a laid back fuss free listen. and if just one hp, for me it's a toss up between SolP and Utopia.

Screenshot_20220312-071800_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

I love this album on the SolP. First song when the bass kicks in, that enveloping sensation is awesome!

Mar 11, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #1,935 of 3,178
Imaging on these is like the lens is slightly out of focus.
SoliP on HA200 does not need lens for focus, it is like a laser. You can pick someone who missed a note in a choir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back