T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Oct 19, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #1,456 of 3,177
I continue to be amazed as to how sensitive these HP's are to the source...with every other HP I have listened to the soundstage widened and bass was more prominent when I used one of my HP amps....tonight I was listening to my abyss TC with my formula s/powerman combo and of course it is wonderful...I decided to switch to my sol p and attached it to the formula s combo and somehow the magic wasnt there...I went back to listening through the dave alone and the huge smile returned...the soundstage widened,the bass became more prominent and of course the transparency improved...if I only listened to these wonderful HP's through an external amp I wouldnt be overly impressed...with the dave it is truly fantastic...I have read that the amp made for the sol p is not a particularly powerful amp and perhaps the dave is similar in terms of output...it does seem to me that the sol p is not meant to be overwhelmed with power unlike the abyss and susvara or even the lcd-4...for anyone who is curious about them or takes them for a test drive keep this in mind...these are really impressive

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #1,459 of 3,177
I continue to be amazed as to how sensitive these HP's are to the source...with every other HP I have listened to the soundstage widened and bass was more prominent when I used one of my HP amps....tonight I was listening to my abyss TC with my formula s/powerman combo and of course it is wonderful...I decided to switch to my sol p and attached it to the formula s combo and somehow the magic wasnt there...I went back to listening through the dave alone and the huge smile returned...the soundstage widened,the bass became more prominent and of course the transparency improved...if I only listened to these wonderful HP's through an external amp I wouldnt be overly impressed...with the dave it is truly fantastic...I have read that the amp made for the sol p is not a particularly powerful amp and perhaps the dave is similar in terms of output...it does seem to me that the sol p is not meant to be overwhelmed with power unlike the abyss and susvara or even the lcd-4...for anyone who is curious about them or takes them for a test drive keep this in mind...these are really impressive
The HA200 isn't overly powerful because the output is limited for safety reasons. The power supply it has itself is crazy oversized.
Which in turn means that it can deliver power as effortless as a much more powerful amp, just not to the same peak.

For reference though, the Solitaire P can take around 700mW before you risk breaking it.
In case you were listening to it at that time, ear damage is guaranteed.
Just not on a £6600 amp though 🤔
As long as the gear doesn't have openings on the top, there is no harm in that.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #1,460 of 3,177
The WyWires Platinum cable arrived today and it is as good as I had expected owning a WW Platinum I use for the Susvara. Alex used some Furetech connectors that seat nicely in the deep sockets of the P. The heat shrink tubing is also the perfect length to grab and stiff enough to easily seat the connectors.

I bought a brand X cable for the P that sounded thin and lacking in bass with 0 hours and did improve a bit with more time. The WW right out of the box with 0 hours sounds really great with good detail on the top end as well as the deep T+A bass.

At full price it is a great hp cable. At 40% off it is a true bargain in a hp cable.

IMG_2257.jpgIMG_2259.jpgIMG_2263.jpg

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #1,461 of 3,177
New piece of info from my dealer: T+A is raising price of "most of their products" come next January. Unsure if it will affect the cans and HA200, but just putting it out there. My dealer is telling me to order anything I want from T+A before the year is out.

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #1,463 of 3,177
New piece of info from my dealer: T+A is raising price of "most of their products" come next January. Unsure if it will affect the cans and HA200, but just putting it out there. My dealer is telling me to order anything I want from T+A before the year is out.
Thanks for the info.
Good thing I got everything I need from the current lineup

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,464 of 3,177
I think it's highly unlikely that they'll raise the price of the P (or P SE). If they do, they'll be off my radar considering the Susvara (or any direct competitor) can be had for much less.

Oct 26, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #1,465 of 3,177
I think it's highly unlikely that they'll raise the price of the P (or P SE). If they do, they'll be off my radar considering the Susvara (or any direct competitor) can be had for much less.
Well that holds only true for the US market though.
The Solitaires are so much cheaper in europe compared to Hifiman, it's ridiculous.

Nonetheless I also Think that the Solitaires and the 200 Series will remain unaffected.

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #1,467 of 3,177
Not sure about that - when the T+A DAC 8 DSD was introduced into the market in 2016 it cost in Germany € 2750. Three years later the price was raised to € 3100.
True, which were 3 years.
The 200 Series released few months ago and would be on the market for less than a year.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #1,469 of 3,177
that is a BIG mistake if it affects the sol p IMHO...as it is I think the sol p is criminally underrated in this community due in part to price and the difficulty in getting it...I personally think the sol p is the equal of the susvara and if it sold for something near the street price of the susvara it would be I imagine thought of as its equal...at 6400 no matter how good it is it is a tough sell and if they raise the price I think it will become prohibitive

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #1,470 of 3,177
that is a BIG mistake if it affects the sol p IMHO...as it is I think the sol p is criminally underrated in this community due in part to price and the difficulty in getting it...I personally think the sol p is the equal of the susvara and if it sold for something near the street price of the susvara it would be I imagine thought of as its equal...at 6400 no matter how good it is it is a tough sell and if they raise the price I think it will become prohibitive
The thing is...they are still selling like hotcakes. It's just us peasant headphone people that are not buying it. I would assume the big speaker players doesn't really care that the little headphones bundled with their big T+A speakers is costing a tiny bit more...

Still I would hope the headphones and HA200 are not touched in the price hike, but again, we don't know anything for sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back