T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Mar 23, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #18 of 3,167
Will a Chord DAVE be able to drive the Solitaire P?

Mar 27, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #21 of 3,167
This could be my end game DAC/Amp.. It could be a perfect AIO: size is ok, great design from a respective manufacturer, great specs....BUT if there could only have extra Line Outs.

Well you can't have everything...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #23 of 3,167
This could be my end game DAC/Amp.. It could be a perfect AIO: size is ok, great design from a respective manufacturer, great specs....BUT if there could only have extra Line Outs.

Well you can't have everything...

it don’t have line-out To be used as a DAC for other external Amps ! Are you sure ?

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #24 of 3,167
In these trying times I was offered a T+A Solitaire (without Dac/AMP) for a very reasonable price. But the crux of the matter is that I won't have a chance to audition the hp.
I am not a bass head but I listen to a lot of dubstep. So a good, deep bass is important to me. But I guess to wait for a comparison between the Solitaire and the Abyss 1266 TC could be a drawnout waiting game.
And just in case if I do not like the performance, the price - even when reduced - reaches such a region that potential second hand buyers might feel that in Corona times there are more important things to consider than shelling out a few thousand dollars for a still rather unknown headphone.

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #25 of 3,167
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #26 of 3,167
Oui frère! All RCAs and XLRs are Analog INs. So hooking this up to your amp, preamp or powered speakers are out of the picture. Unless you use the headphone outs. Bluetooth maybe.. Click picture for larger size.

Brochure: https://www.ta-hifi.de/wp-content/uploads/HA_200_8_Seiter_GB.pdf

thanks a lot m-i-c-k-e-y.

This limitation is stupid !

Being able to connect it to the Speaker amp (or my BHSE electrostatic amp) will have been interesting and justifing the price.... but now we need to purchase a second DAC for our speaker system...!

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #27 of 3,167
Yeah that is why its bummer...I was very excited because It ticked ALMOST all..DAC, streamer, headamp, bluetooth, design, manufacturer.

And then THAT!! Ha ha ha!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #28 of 3,167
Yeah that is why its bummer...I was very excited because It ticked ALMOST all..DAC, streamer, headamp, bluetooth, design, manufacturer.

And then THAT!! Ha ha ha!

yes. Very high interest and then...Badaboum !

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #29 of 3,167
....and why i can not recomend it....more later about my impressions

IMG_7451.JPG

NOMAX

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #30 of 3,167
What is on my program today ... the Solitaire P by T + A . What a horrible name for such a very well thought-out construction.
Yes dear Joe ... dear Sankar .... this point goes to Gemany. After Meze Audio the second manufacturer (newcomer) who shows how to do it. You need the right skilled people for this.

But the construction, workmanship and comfort, which are really great with this headphone from Herford, are not everything.

Having 3400 tracks available, I have not found a single one on my Astell & Kern, which the Solitaire does exceptionally well, or at least partly as good or better as an Utopia / Diana Phi / Zmf Verite / Clear. No matter whether I use Solitaire in combination with my A&K Player, the TT2 or the Questyle CMA 12 Master.
I save myself the comparison with my marble stone HE1.

So what is wrong? Quite simply, it is the sound signature offered by this headphone.

Regarding bass there is nothing to complain about, but regarding mids and highs, there something which does sounds not right. It does not Sound sharp or sibilant, but somewhere in the mids and highs there is a real roller coaster, which even I only know from one Company

Do I think to have the wrong headphone amps with Chord's TT2 or Questyle's 12 Master? No, I certainly do not to worry in this regard.
In this Case...i think T&A's upcoming headphone amp will not be able to breathe an audiophile sound signature into this model.

Is it only whining at a high level? I can also say no, my personal expectations to this headphone model have been missed so far. Does my Golden Ear tell me something wrong? In the end, the measurements probably will show how far I am correct and how far wrong.

Kudos to the designer and for the effort that was made here, but looked at from the acoustic side ... Sorry i can not recoment it for this price

NOMAX

P.S. Am I too critical? Decide for yourself in case you get the chance to test this model and compare it to other headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back