System Synergy...
Dec 10, 2007 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gundam91

500+ Head-Fier
This topic has not been discussed too often here, and the point has not been stressed enough.

Just to share an experience I had over the weeeknd...

I've not been paying too much attention to my headphone gear for about two years now. One reason was due to the fact that I was traveling for work like crazy. The other was that I was upgrading my speakers and had been spending most of whatever time I have on my main system.

If I put a headphone on, mostly I've been listening to the Rudistor/HD650/Zu Mobius combo when working in the home office. But Friday night, I decided to go fiddle with the system and connect the Consonance Cyber 20/HD600/Cardas. The only difference this time was that I switched the powercord (from VH Audio Flavor 4 to PS Audio Statement) and interconnects (from MIT MI-330 to Cardas Golden Presence). The music was so enjoyable that I sat in my home office until 3am Saturday morning. In the course, getting yelled at Saturday morning because I could not get up to take my son to his music class...
icon10.gif

I am not saying that the Cyber 20/HD600/Cardas was better than the Rudistor/HD650/Zu. But in terms of the Cyber 20, this has been the best performance I've heard from this amp. Maybe the planets aligned on Friday night?

Users who are viewing this thread