Synergy question: Senn 650's and Yamamoto HA-02?
Apr 23, 2007 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sabes

Head-Fier
I've been using my 650's to great effect with a sp mpx3 for some time now, but am very interested in the new yammy headamp. anyone try the 650's with this unit?

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 13
Yeah they tried this combo in the Florida meet? And I think perhaps in the 6 moons review? Not totally sure. Basically they said that it was capable of driving it, but I don't think the synergy relationship was all that awesome. I know a few people tried this combo at the meet, but I doubt the spent all that long with it. While I am sure the sound is good, I doubt its anywhere near optimal since the Yamamoto is on the less powerful side of amps + it adds warmth to sound and the HD650s are already pretty warm (Too warm for some)...

When I get mine this week or next I can give you better impressions though.

Apr 24, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah they tried this combo in the Florida meet? And I think perhaps in the 6 moons review? Not totally sure. Basically they said that it was capable of driving it, but I don't think the synergy relationship was all that awesome. I know a few people tried this combo at the meet, but I doubt the spent all that long with it. While I am sure the sound is good, I doubt its anywhere near optimal since the Yamamoto is on the less powerful side of amps + it adds warmth to sound and the HD650s are already pretty warm (Too warm for some)...

When I get mine this week or next I can give you better impressions though.

Wouldn't mind knowing myself, still have a little less than 8 weeks to wait for mine to arrive ...

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
java: what's the quoted backorder time these days?

Currently 8 weeks, my order, was placed last week Wednesday, a friend and myself have both ordered HA-02's together, saves a bit on shipping ...

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 13
Where can I buy the Yamamoto amp from?

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 13
venus hifi purk just google that and give the guy a call/email it's not listed on his site

Edit: I'm lazy -> http://www.venushifi.com/contact.shtml. It's 975 total which includes shipping and it's a 200 dollar payment with the balance due after it ships.

Man 8 weeks huh? That's harsh.. I was quoted 5-6 and I ordered March 22nd. I wonder if that's still in effect... I emailed Brian of venushifi the other day and he said that it should be shipping this week or next! Excited sirs!!!

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 13
Apr 24, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man 8 weeks huh? That's harsh.. I was quoted 5-6 and I ordered March 22nd. I wonder if that's still in effect... I emailed Brian of venushifi the other day and he said that it should be shipping this week or next! Excited sirs!!!

8 weeks was what my mate and myself where quoted ... :frowning2:(

Am waiting your comment after you get yours ... with much anticipation <VBG>

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I started from this URL:

http://www2.117.ne.jp/~y-s/index-e.html

Very bottom of the page ...

Under the graphics for mastercard/visa/paypal/etc

e-mail: shige-y@mh1.117.ne.jp

I think outside the US and Europe(there is a distributor in Germany I understand) you really have to deal direct with Yamamoto.
Mine took about 10 weeks but that included a Christmas/New Year break.
Worth waiting on though IMO.
Great to see more interest in this amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back