Symphonium Audio - New Singaporean IEM Manufacturer
May 28, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #31 of 221
Jun 10, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #34 of 221
Aug 19, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #35 of 221
Apologies for crossposting but this thread seems a bit more active than the Helios thread- just wondering if any Helios users have heard the Prophile 8 or the Gaudio nair & if they have any quick thoughts to share?

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #36 of 221
Sep 6, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #37 of 221
Sep 7, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #38 of 221
1662575363907.png

Posted today, seems interesting 🧐

Sep 27, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #39 of 221
I'm interested in these pair.. precog said these would be 500 but looks like they are currently 600 instead unless that deal was for canjam attendees?

their website is not updated - https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/products/meteor

Very intrigued with this set and will be watching for review/feedback for owners. Looking for a set that is warm and has meaty/thick mids in this price range. Perhaps this might be what I'm looking for but not sure about the "U" frequency tuning.

Sep 27, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #40 of 221
The retail price is $599 but there was a special for SoCal CanJam which brought it down to $509

I'm interested in these pair.. precog said these would be 500 but looks like they are currently 600 instead unless that deal was for canjam attendees?

their website is not updated - https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/products/meteor

Very intrigued with this set and will be watching for review/feedback for owners. Looking for a set that is warm and has meaty/thick mids in this price range. Perhaps this might be what I'm looking for but not sure about the "U" frequency tuning.

Sep 27, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #41 of 221
The retail price is $599 but there was a special for SoCal CanJam which brought it down to $509

did you happen to buy a set or listen to them? if so what were your impressions?

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #42 of 221
Perhaps this might be what I'm looking for but not sure about the "U" frequency tuning.
The Campfire Andromeda is also a U-shaped tuning (the pre-2020 one at least) and its pretty well-regarded.

Considering how well received the Helios and Trition are, I'm sure the Meteor would sound great.

They also made the shell much smaller, which was a major complaint from those who have tried it (including me).

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #43 of 221
The Campfire Andromeda is also a U-shaped tuning (the pre-2020 one at least) and its pretty well-regarded.

Considering how well received the Helios and Trition are, I'm sure the Meteor would sound great.

They also made the shell much smaller, which was a major complaint from those who have tried it (including me).

Personally I always thought of u-shape as being more subbassy (for me the archetype was ex1000 or Dunu 2000J with a big lower bass EQ boost)- andro's warmth into lower midrage i think resembles "literally flat" in the classic stage monitor style (tends to sound super warm and detailed IMO) like ultimate ears and shure tend to make, but improves that sound by being more lively in the treble.

Am I completely wrong and do people generally describe the andro as u-shape?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #44 of 221
Personally I always thought of u-shape as being more subbassy (for me the archetype was ex1000 or Dunu 2000J with a big lower bass EQ boost)- andro's warmth into lower midrage i think resembles "literally flat" in the classic stage monitor style (tends to sound super warm and detailed IMO) like ultimate ears and shure tend to make, but improves that sound by being more lively in the treble.

Am I completely wrong and do people generally describe the andro as u-shape?
my idea of a U-shaped is a more aggressive V-shaped, with more bass and treble, and therefore less perceived mids.

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #45 of 221
did you happen to buy a set or listen to them? if so what were your impressions?
Yup, I picked up a set from the show! I think they're a nice complement to the Helios in the sense that Helios is a bit more neutral/flatter in the presentation with a lot of detail whereas the Meteor is a more fun U-shaped tuning in the sense the mids are still front and center instead of recessed like more aggressive U/V shaped sets. It's slightly warmer present with tamer treble (not dark) compared to Helios The shell is also significantly smaller than Helios so this one will definitely be easier on everyone's ears.

Attachments

• 2022-09-29_10-58-37.png
    2022-09-29_10-58-37.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back