Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Dec 5, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #1,741 of 2,336

That is a very interesting observation... I dont know whats going on there.
Quote:
@ markkr,

how come the drivers look white? The drivers on Martin website is black, no?

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #1,742 of 2,336
After 2 hours of listening, the top of my head actually hurt from the headband... thats never happened before with Grados for me. But damn they look great!

Quote:

The weight of my v2.5 Magnums with just the 325i shells were ridiculously heavy and one of the main reasons I sent them to Martin...well that as well as the fact that I always wanted a woodie and it just made sense to use the Magnums since they sounded so damn good.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #1,743 of 2,336
I got used to it after a while but it did make a long listening session more difficult esp at first. However after using them it made other headphones seem light and something like the HE-500 and HE-6 which people have mentioned about it being heavy is a non issue for me. It did make my neck hurt and that definitely isn't a good thing so while it sounded very good I had to either sell it or get it FWJ and I chose the later. 

I don't care how good it sounds it has to be comfortable as well as good sounding. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #1,748 of 2,336
I thought there was some issue with J$... 

and there is another guy here that starting making pretty nice headbands...  http://headphonelounge.com/

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,749 of 2,336
I don't find them noticeably heavier than the PS500 or HF2. Maybe if I wear them for a longer period of time... Anyway, a quick shot of my MS2i Magnum v4.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,750 of 2,336
@Mark, I thought you couldn't have the Magnums until Christmas?  What kind of arrangement did you have to do to get them early?

@All, In regards to the color difference between the drivers, I find the point interesting.  The two pair of drivers that I purchased look more like the pictures that Marty posted on his site as opposed to those Mark received on his Magnum-modified headphones.  Maybe, it has something to do with the various batches that are being built?  Again, that's just a suspicion.  Whether it's a lighter grey or a darker black for the speaker protector, I'm not too worried.  I just couldn't deal with hot pink. 
eek.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #1,752 of 2,336

Quote:
@All, In regards to the color difference between the drivers, I find the point interesting.  The two pair of drivers that I purchased look more like the pictures that Marty posted on his site as opposed to those Mark received on his Magnum-modified headphones.  Maybe, it has something to do with the various batches that are being built?  Again, that's just a suspicion.  Whether it's a lighter grey or a darker black for the speaker protector, I'm not too worried.  I just couldn't deal with hot pink. 
eek.gif

pffft. I'm hoping for hot pink. Maybe I can grab a pink ostrich headband to match. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #1,755 of 2,336
I paid $280 for shipping and they're still not here. Shoulda chose Canada Xpresspost instead
    Mine has arrived safely in Bangkok since yesterday but it was not delivered due to National Holiday.
    The V4 arrived almost at the same time as our friends in US.  May be you have problem with custom clearance? Please check
    I am listening to the V4 right now, I should say that the sound signature is similar to the V3.5 but better treble extension and detail,
still have that sweet midrange like the RS1 using the flat pad.  The V4  still needs some burning for the bass, V4 has a lot of bass
impact but still little boomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back