Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Dec 5, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #1,729 of 2,336
It arrived!!!  But the tracking does not even show it arrived, or that it arrived in the states.  
Anyhow, this is got to be the most odd packaging I have ever seen.  
The Magnums are packaged in "hay" instead of foam. It's quite messy I got to say.  But can't wait to listen to it.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,730 of 2,336
I know, right? I gotta vacuum the area around my desk after I unpacked the thing. Doesn't help that the interior box fits the outer one so well that it's a pain in the a** to pull out. =p

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #1,731 of 2,336
Quote:
It arrived!!!  But the tracking does not even show it arrived, or that it arrived in the states.  
Anyhow, this is got to be the most odd packaging I have ever seen.  
The Magnums are packaged in "hay" instead of foam. It's quite messy I got to say.  But can't wait to listen to it.

hay?
blink.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #1,733 of 2,336
I just carefully picked at an edge until it came off and then just pulled.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #1,734 of 2,336
I got mine today too... agree with the weird "hay" packaging, quite interesting...

First impressions:

- Quite a bit heavier than I expected
 - Not the same Grado sound, a bit warmer/smoother (I think)

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #1,735 of 2,336
Now I wish I had the brushed aluminum version and not the new grey speckled version, but I guess it's the sound that matters.
The "shoutiness" is smoothed over with slightly more bass.  But it's still very Grado like to me.  I guess I was expecting it to be more warmer and even more smoother....maybe little less Grado like.  
I will have to listen more to get a better impression.  

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #1,736 of 2,336

Quote:
Now I wish I had the brushed aluminum version and not the new grey speckled version, but I guess it's the sound that matters.
The "shoutiness" is smoothed over with slightly more bass.  But it's still very Grado like to me.  I guess I was expecting it to be more warmer and even more smoother....maybe little less Grado like.  
I will have to listen more to get a better impression.  

grey speckled version? O.o I wanna see. I might just be willing to trade. Maybe. I do love the brushed look though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #1,740 of 2,336

I got mine today too... agree with the weird "hay" packaging, quite interesting...

First impressions:

- Quite a bit heavier than I expected
 - Not the same Grado sound, a bit warmer/smoother (I think)

The weight of my v2.5 Magnums with just the 325i shells were ridiculously heavy and one of the main reasons I sent them to Martin...well that as well as the fact that I always wanted a woodie and it just made sense to use the Magnums since they sounded so damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back