Symphones Magnum/ Magnum Light
Jan 14, 2010 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 164

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
.SYMPHONES 
[size=x-large]Magnum [/size]+[size=x-large] Magnum [/size]light
 ​
 ​
[size=small]Now accepting orders for the next run of Magnum headphones shipping late November! Limited availability![/size]
 ​
 ​
[size=small]Magnum is a state of the art headphone design using Grado headphones as a foundation.[/size]

Magnum aims at improving headphone performance through material science. Our process starts with a Grado headphone, we remove the original plastic driver assemblies and inner sound chambers leaving only the outer earcups, headband, and cable. We then install our own specially designed aluminum earcup cylinders. These act as a rigid and robust internal chamber, many times stronger than the original plastic pieces. 

In addition to our aluminum cylinders we provide our own specially designed headphone driver assemblies. Developed in house over the course of 3 years we have taken the finest materials and production techniques to create a wonderfully light, compact, and highest performing headphone driver. Our newest incarnation, the S2 driver, is a result of our latest technologies and enhancements and has been specifically designed to partner with our aluminum cylinders.

Presently the Magnum design is available in two offerings. The first and most successful is our flagship Magnum modification or simply "Magnum". This model uses aluminum gimbals in addition to robust aluminum sound chambers, acting as sturdy and well balanced headphone supports. Aluminum everywhere is the approach to the Magnum design and this model echoes that statement in even the smallest details right down to the tips on the ends of the headband rods which are machined from the same non-resonant alloy used for the headphone cylinders. 

Our second and most recent offering, the Magnum Lite, is identical to the Magnum in every sound for the exception of using the original Grado headband forks for ear cup support. Using the same acoustic elements as the Magnum this model is for the budget minded individual who is demands the purest sound quality.

Visit us at Symphones.ca for an in-depth review of the Magnum procedure.

Magnum, 399.00

Specification
Compatible foundation models, Grado SR325, SR325i, SR325is, SR60i, SR80i, SR125i, SR225i. Alessandro MS2, MS2i, MS1i.
Cylinder, Aluminum Alloy
Ear Cup support, Aluminum Alloy
Rod Tips, Aluminum Alloy
Driver, Symphones S2

Magnum Light, 249.00

Specification
Compatible foundation models, Grado SR325, SR325i, SR325is, SR60i, SR80i, SR125i, SR225i. Alessandro MS2, MS2i, MS1i.
Air Chamber, Treated Aluminum Alloy
Ear Cup Support, Stock polymer
Rod Tips, Stock, ABS
Driver, Symphones S2

How to order
Please contact us at info@symphones.ca for ordering instructions.

Stock Grado models can be ordered from our local Canadian dealer, Stereotype Audio. Pricing is available via STEREOTYPE AUDIO

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 164
Plans changed
frown.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 164
hi i have a question:

these headphones are available for mod- Grado SR325, SR325i, SR325is, HF-2, Alessandro MS2, MS2i. you mentioned that you will be replacing the drivers with specially tuned ones, so my question is that if i send in a SR325 and a MS2, will the 2 headphones come out sounding the same ( because the new tuned drivers are the same) or will they come out sounding different ( the SR325 is replaced with new SR325 tuned drivers and the MS2 is replaced with new MS2 tuned drivers.) thanks.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so my question is that if i send in a SR325 and a MS2, will the 2 headphones come out sounding the same?

They will be very similar yes. The only differences i could think of would be due to the SR325 buttons vs the MS2 open grill.

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 164
Any of the newer "i" series Grado's SR60i to SR225i can be used for this mod. We just haven't tried it yet. If someone would like to experiment i would be more than willing to offer them a return policy if there are any issues.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any of the newer "i" series Grado's SR60i to SR225i can be used for this mod. We just haven't tried it yet. If someone would like to experiment i would be more than willing to offer them a return policy if there are any issues.

I will take you up on that.
My order:
Magnum Lite
Please supply SR60i
Thanks!

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #12 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneyaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will take you up on that.
My order:
Magnum Lite
Please supply SR80i
Thanks!

erm, won't it be cheaper if you use a SR60i instead of a SR80i? since the new drivers are the same, and the SR60i and SR80i has the same plastic construction, won't the end products be essentially the same?

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 164
My order:
Magnum Lite
Grado SR-325is

I'd like you to order them as long as the price is still $199.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #15 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
erm, won't it be cheaper if you use a SR60i instead of a SR80i? since the new drivers are the same, and the SR60i and SR80i has the same plastic construction, won't the end products be essentially the same?

Good point, your are right.
Will change the base headphone choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back