Symbian-Fi anyone?
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
Getting my second Symbian phone soon, the Nokia N82.

I did have the Nokia N80 briefly but sold it because it was too bulky and the OS was really slow and laggy. I'm hoping the N82 fixes these things
biggrin.gif

Any suggestions for good Symbian apps/games?

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 19
N82 is indeed amazing for the price. when I had it (I switched to blackberry bold now though) I had umm custom themes with final fantasy VII characters.

- Widsets
- Mobile messenger
- Theme do it yourself: pretty self-explanatory
- Adobe PDF reader
- Internet radio
- Divx player
- zip manager

Those are ones I remember, but there were many more.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
N82 is indeed amazing for the price. when I had it (I switched to blackberry bold now though) I had umm custom themes with final fantasy VII characters.

- Widsets
- Mobile messenger
- Theme do it yourself: pretty self-explanatory
- Adobe PDF reader
- Internet radio
- Divx player
- zip manager

Those are ones I remember, but there were many more.

Yeah and I got a good deal too
biggrin.gif
. $400NZD used (currently equates to $225USD).

Which messenger did you use?

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 19
Hmm ok. I googled a bit and I think I'll install Fring too since its got support for MSN (what I use the most) but also Skype and some other ones.

Not many Symbian-Fi'ers it seems?

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugh. Had an iphone for 2 days and sold it right away. I love most of apple's products, but touch screen is not my thing.

Same for me..

i sold my iphone 3G after 2 weeks of use..i bought it on first day btw.

i found touch interface too artificial and non humanly because you cant feel anything but plain surface.

other than browsing..iphone 3G interface is overrated.

using Blackberry Bold these days.

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #9 of 19
what software do you guys use to create your own theme for S60? it was pretty easy making themes with the given software for SE phones.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fring's great. I'd like to know more about this too, actually. I don't have one myself, but the gf does. I want an iPhone!

But iPhone is so bloody expensive in New Zealand! The cheapest plan is like $30 a month right? And you get not much for that amount too... Kinda defeats the point of having an iphone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what software do you guys use to create your own theme for S60? it was pretty easy making themes with the given software for SE phones.

I think this is it Forum Nokia - Carbide.ui Theme Edition

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #11 of 19
I've used and am still using S60 on Nokia phones. It's an altogether satisfactory OS. Sure, there are certain applications that lag at times but it's bearable. The interface is pretty decent and the web browser is quite acceptable.

I do find the iPhone interface marginally smoother/more responsive but most of all easy to use. Settings aren't hidden behind as many layers. The one major advantage of the iPhone is multi-touch + Safari. Otherwise, there are many other systems out there that are capable of doing much more, albeit with added complexity.

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But iPhone is so bloody expensive in New Zealand! The cheapest plan is like $30 a month right? And you get not much for that amount too... Kinda defeats the point of having an iphone...

Yeap, exactly why I'm not getting one despite wanting one. I'm loving my iPod Touch, so I've not no issue with touch screens and such. I must say, I'm more intrigued by the Android now though...

Nov 16, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeap, exactly why I'm not getting one despite wanting one. I'm loving my iPod Touch, so I've not no issue with touch screens and such. I must say, I'm more intrigued by the Android now though...

Is that even available here?

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #15 of 19
There's one on Trademe for $1200
biggrin.gif

My N82 didn't arrive today which means it will arrive tomorrow. I've already made a bookmarks folder of all the apps and games I'm going to DL for it
biggrin.gif

Edit: It arrived! Kinda late. Normally the courier comes much earlier. Anyway...

How do I open the task manager?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back