sx-200's vs hd-212 pro's
Sep 9, 2003 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bassballboy

New Head-Fier
Well, I've narrowed down my search to these.

I'll be using them mostly off of my hp pavilion ze5300 laptop.

The vast majority of what I listen to is rap, so I do like nice, clean bass. I also listen to some rock, but it's the harder stuff like disturbed and godsmack.

Which ones should I go with?

Sep 9, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 3
you mean px200s right?

anyway IF you were talking about the px200s, they IMO have a recessed veiled presentation of voices. in other words, a dip in freq response in the upper mids and highs. not good for rap.

otherwise though, their strong and impactful bass and sweet midrange remaim points to consider.

i apologise for not being able to provide any direct comparisons to the hd212 as i have never heard them before.

Sep 9, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 3
PX200s, right? Steps above the HD212 if you know what you're looking for. I'd say if these are the only two you are considering, definitely go for the PX200s. The HD212 have lots of bass and little anything else. You'll find it hard to even hear any rappers over the beats when using those headphones, meanwhile the PX200s have a relatively good bass kick while still allowing you to hear what their saying and the rest of the beats besides the bass line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back