switching tips on etys
Jul 24, 2002 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lucien

100+ Head-Fier
When I first got my etys, I used the foam tips because the silicone ones were totally uncomfortable, and the foamies were fine. Eventually I tried getting used to the white tips, and was successful. I've been using the silicone tips ever since.

Last night I thought I'd try the foamies again, and lo and behold, they sounded different, but great.

So what I'm getting at is that I don't quite see why people seem to have an allegiance one way or the other, unless they physically can't use one type. I think from here on in, I'll be using both, depending on my mood.

Anyone have some foam tips they don't want that I could buy cheap? Please?

Luce

Jul 24, 2002 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 5
I wish. It's frustrating how expensives those little things are. If it were cost effective, I would change them every 2-3 weeks. I've been looking into possibly removing the tubes from the used ones and replacing the foam with cheap but good store bought ear plugs.

Quote:

Originally posted by lucien

Anyone have some foam tips they don't want that I could buy cheap? Please?

Luce

Jul 24, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #3 of 5
I can use both too...but the rubbers are just more durable and you can rejuvenate them.

Finally Fix-up also has his own methods of using 3rd-party foam/earplug type materials that would also be worth looking into.

Jul 24, 2002 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 5
business opportunity, anyone? surely there's a profit to be made in making these things in bulk and selling 'em off cheaper than etymotic do?

the value of the er4x is unquestionable. but the consumable cost is a bit out of control if you use the foamies. why are they so expensive?

Jul 24, 2002 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 5
The foam can't be the cost prohibitive factor -- you can get earplugs for $4 for 12 at a drugstore. It must be the tubes. Sigh, isn't it always the tubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back