Sweet deal on some Alessandro
Apr 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

larryminator

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey I found this great deal on Ebay and I wanted to get these for myself, but I live in Canada and I don't want to bid to ship them to the US and then to Canada, so I'm letting them to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I am good for finding deals
biggrin.gif

Have a nice day!

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 17
Oooh! Those are the rare ones with the black screens!
smily_headphones1.gif

The narrow headband of course, and perhaps gravity has taken control of the right adjuster.
frown.gif

....and is that a photo artifact, or is the right cable horribly twisted?

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 17
Really? Damn that's rare. Great find.

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Damn that's rare. Great find.

Actually; the word "rare" here can be a bit misleading. What usually happens is when Grado is pumping out a bunch of Alessandros with specific Alessandro trim pieces, if they run out of Alessandro units; they'll just pop in some Grado parts. In some instances they've even used a few upgraded pieces to replace what they don't have. Used to be the MS2i and SR-325i had a mid-sized width headband exclusive to the aluminum cans only; but now it appears that all cans from aluminum upwards gets the wider band.

Apr 8, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 17
Less than an hour left on these. Up to $202 plus shipping.

...now $240.

Final bid: $255 plus $15 shipping.

Apr 9, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh! Nice find - congratulations for finding such a beauty. Perhaps you might want to post even a few more pics once they arrive....

Nah; I didn't buy them. I was just bein' silly and reporting on the auction if anyone else was interested.
tongue.gif

If the price would have stayed down around $150 I might have considered it. It may have been fun to have one of each; black and silver. I can eat Raman and Mac and Cheese a bit longer. But when it got up to almost full price the fun went right out of it.
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heck, if anyone wants black grilles on their MS-2(i)s, a black marker should do the trick. That's a real bargain IMO.

evil_smiley.gif

yeah, and maybe if F107plus5 could get his hands on some wood grain patterned contact paper, he could have his lusted-after MS-Pros real cheap.
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #15 of 17
Oooh! Let me take some notes here! Black marker and some contact paper and I could have some nice new RS-2 sized "Mushrooms"! Or maybe "Toadstools"!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

....hey! "MS2 Toadstools"! That has a nice ring to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back