Surround sound speaker recommendations
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chiliman

500+ Head-Fier
Ugh, I know this is disgusting, but...

My girlfriends parents want a set of 5.1 speakers... all in ceiling...

Does anyone have a recommendation for FIVE in wall speakers that sound good, and the price limit is... 500 dollars...

YES, I am aware that these requirements are absurd...

Anyway, thanks for any info in advance.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 6
LOL
I went away to camp when I was young and came back to in ceiling speakers. I laughed at them for awhile and they promptly blew b/c they were so weak. I did not destroy them it was my sister. Anywho, even then I knew that is a poor way to go. I would browse Crutchfield or some other site for a package deal. I think Polk makes some.

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Jamo made some really nice in wall speakers and they sound pretty good and they weren't to expensive 6 years ago.

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would stay far away from this project. If you like your GF take the "family" out to movie night or better yet go see a live performace.

I wish it were that simple...

Actually I am doing this all through the GF, her parents don't know me due to Ethnic and Gender reasons... (I am a boy, and they don't want their daughter dating, and if they did want her dating, they would want her to be with someone who has the same ethic background as she does.)

So, I am just making recommendations and the GF is relaying it to her family, saying that she researched it personally, so all I am really doing is saving her some work, since she does not have the resources that I have for this type of thing: too much free time and HEAD-FI, hehe

Anyway, thank you people for your recommendations, I will look into jamo speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back