surround sound over headphones, need help.
Mar 16, 2008 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rapiddrunk

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm looking to get surround sound over headphones mainly for films, but some games also.

I currently have Senn HD650, using PS3 for games and films, and a Sony x3000 tv.

I've been considering Pioneer Se-dir2000c and Philips Sbc-hd1500u, but getting a new set of headphones seems a waste, I'd prefer to use the DH650 which I love.

I've no idea where to start or what to look at, a seperate surround decoder and headphone amp? wireless surround headphones? Pioneer Se-dir2000c with the HD650?

Budget prefferably less than £500, but, would maybe consider more if the qualilty of sound merited the price.

Speakers are not an option for me.

Mar 16, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapiddrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,

I'm looking to get surround sound over headphones mainly for films, but some games also.

I currently have Senn HD650, using PS3 for games and films, and a Sony x3000 tv.

I've been considering Pioneer Se-dir2000c and Philips Sbc-hd1500u, but getting a new set of headphones seems a waste, I'd prefer to use the DH650 which I love.

I've no idea where to start or what to look at, a seperate surround decoder and headphone amp? wireless surround headphones? Pioneer Se-dir2000c with the HD650?

Budget prefferably less than £500, but, would maybe consider more if the qualilty of sound merited the price.

Speakers are not an option for me.

Mixamp from astro games.. 130 us dollars..

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by daleda@sbcglobal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to this link:

Digital Wireless Headphones by LTB Audio Systems - Listen To Believe!

Get the 5.1 2.4Ghz Wireless (connects coax or optical) and "believe" it or not - they sound OK! This is the only acceptable 5.1 surround headphone IMO which works. The only way for your HD650's is to buy an add-on processor (and they are terrible)!

Depends..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back