Surround Sound Headphones?
Mar 2, 2005 at 9:45 AM Post #121 of 160
USB is for people who don't have / have crappy sound cards, like me. They have a version of LTB Headphones that are meant for sound cards. And they aren't $60 dollars either. They're $80 in most places.

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #122 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ularewolf
USB is for people who don't have / have crappy sound cards, like me. They have a version of LTB Headphones that are meant for sound cards. And they aren't $60 dollars either. They're $80 in most places.

Which adds more headphones you could get instead of them. I doubt this USB sound card will do much use, you really need a gamers card for gaming performance
smily_headphones1.gif
or an EMU 1212M
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #123 of 160
Actually, that limits other headphone choices. Others depend on your soundcard, so I won't get full potential until I get a good soundcard. (I'm revamping my whole system, hopefully in a couple of weeks anyway)

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:33 AM Post #124 of 160
Quote:

Actually, that limits other headphone choices. Others depend on your soundcard, so I won't get full potential until I get a good soundcard. (I'm revamping my whole system, hopefully in a couple of weeks anyway)

It doesnt limit it if you were planning on getting a pair of those LTB thingos or whatever anyway which you seemed to be.
All choices depend on your soundcard. Get an Audigy 2 ZS or something before you get a new pair of headphones.

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #127 of 160
Quote:

It would only be fair if you tested in games, since we already know that SS headphones can't compare to stereo in music. And those, I never heard of them so you can't say they'll be good. The drivers don't even have I.S.C (Independant Sound Chambers) like LTB does. You can still compare them though if you want, against same pricing stereo phones.

Of course I'll test them with games. My buddy and I play online 5 or 6 nights a week. Battlefield: Vietnam and the Point of Existence mod mostly, he's in the AR clan. We'll mix it up with some CS:Source, Call of Duty, some other stuff. I'll also test solo with Thief III, Half-Life 2, Neverwinter Nights, X2 and anything else that I have. I've got probably 100GB of my 250GB drive full of games so no problem finding test material.
biggrin.gif

Actually, if you know of a store that carries the better SS phones I'll try them instead. Compusa charges 15% for returns so I'd rather not go there.

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #128 of 160
About your soundcard. You've got an NVidia chipset motherboard, right? You said Cinesurround in another post which is an NVidia thing. That is supposed to be a pretty decent sound system so you might not want to bypass it. (EDIT: The NVidia chipset I mean, not the Cinesurround.)

Mar 3, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #130 of 160
Sorry, no go. I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA and Fry's Electronics and nobody carries SS headphones. I really thought CompUSA or Fry's would have them. I mean Fry's is like candyland for computer/electronics geeks, they've got everything!

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #132 of 160
You should call and find when they're in stock man, instead of driving everywhere, heh. On another note, I'm not picking up a pair of SS headphones until I revamp my comp. On another note, did people see that other thread about those "Tube Surround Sound headphones"? Apparently they say it's going to revolutionize SS in headphones. It's a thing around your head and there's speakers in the tube, really weird stuff.

Here's the post: http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109381

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #133 of 160
Just saw the Tube surround thing- interesting though I can't see myself using it. On another note it is a GSM Surround system and is made for use with GSM cell phones. The manufacturer's page reads as follows.

[size=xx-small]With 6 built in speakers that go around your head, the TS 6.0 headphone system gives you multichannel surround sound audio reception that ping pong from every direction around your head.
In the future, GSM Surround TS6.0 Tube Headphone System will allow the user of CallingMusic, CallingMovies and CallingGames to hear music, watch movies and play games through your mobile phone in real surround sound.

GSM Audio software allow you to use CallingMusic mobile phone services that include 5.1 surround sound audio reception of any audio or music files transmitted from user mobile phone to another user’s mobile phone.

CallingMusic service is a simple way to share surround sound music through GSM Surround TS6.0 Headphone System.

The service fee would reflect the user’s selection of either hearing, sharing or downloading a song, album or audio file of any sort using their mobile phone and GSM Surround TS 6.0 Headphone System.

Use of the CallingMusic service by the user will be billed by the mobile phone company. Revenues for content providers will be distributed to the composer, recording artist, publishing companies, software companies.

This is just one of many future plans GSM Surround is currently working on.[/size]

Thanks, but I will stick with my LTB's and my computer.. I can't see using tube headphones with my cell phone for what I use my cell for, my earbud handsfree is fine.

Mar 3, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #135 of 160
From what I understood they are for use with GSM cell phones and some new features being added to cell phones. I could be wrong, but I have been seeing commercials advertising streaming video on cell phones here in the USA, and know it has been implemented a few months already in Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back