1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Surround 7.1/5.1 for stereo headphones?

1. Kol12
    Hi, I'm a bit noob in regards to what's available out there for enabling surround to a stereo headset, should I be looking at some sort of DSP or software based solution?

I'm interested in this for gaming. Most people tend to recommend a good headphone with a clip on microphone over the gaming headsets, whether they're stereo or virtual surround etc, so I thought I would invest in a modmic for my existing Takstar Pro 80, does that sound good or there something else worth considering?

Edit: Ah so my Asus mobo has DTS Ultra PC II which has surround enhancement, I hadn't bothered to use it before but I just played the test sample through it and it sounds decent, anyone familiar with it?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Maybe get a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, get the retail version which comes with a microphone, if you do not like the SB-Z mic, get the Modmic.

3. Kol12
    Can you point to any links which show/give information on the microphone with the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card? What sort of mic is it? I can't see it...

Edit: Apologies, I See it now, the bar type thing. Where would normally mount this sort of thing and would a mic like this pick up background noise?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017