Supreme Sound (Burson) Audio Lycan Headamp
Aug 31, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #16 of 174
  Will check that for you...
We've received many inquries about the Supreme Sound Audio Lycan Test bench, click HERE to pre-order.

> Thank you sir, but the Lycan page stated 24VDC Power Supply (60W)?

You are correct sir! The immutable laws of physics strike again, thank you.

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #17 of 174
I'm not into Opamp rolling but I've dealt with Burson Audio on several occasions and felt I should leave a comment here,

I started with the Soloist, then went to the Conductor SL and now have the Conductor Virtuoso/S9018

I also have their timekeeper.

Now to what I wanted to share with you guys is that on several occasions I had to deal with Bursons after sales/support service and I can sincerely tell you it’s the best aftersales service I’ve ever dealt with regards to any product I’ve ever owned.

They once paid for my timekeeper to be shipped both ways and let me tell you I live in the middleast and shipping both ways is not cheap. I’d like to think of my-self as one of their better customers maybe that’s why they did it
rolleyes.gif
, but I can honestly say at every level of my purchases I was kept very happy.

Love dealing with Burson, I hope you keep your personal touch for years to come!!!

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #22 of 174
  I'm not into Opamp rolling but I've dealt with Burson Audio on several occasions and felt I should leave a comment here,

I started with the Soloist, then went to the Conductor SL and now have the Conductor Virtuoso/S9018

I also have their timekeeper.

Now to what I wanted to share with you guys is that on several occasions I had to deal with Bursons after sales/support service and I can sincerely tell you it’s the best aftersales service I’ve ever dealt with regards to any product I’ve ever owned.

They once paid for my timekeeper to be shipped both ways and let me tell you I live in the middleast and shipping both ways is not cheap. I’d like to think of my-self as one of their better customers maybe that’s why they did it
rolleyes.gif
, but I can honestly say at every level of my purchases I was kept very happy.

Love dealing with Burson, I hope you keep your personal touch for years to come!!!

I agree with you. I ordered new SS op-amps for my STX II soundcard. Their customer service answered to my probably stupid questions quickly and offered me a nice package deal. I was really surprised when my order arrived just three workdays later to the other side of the world. Looks like they also keep new customers very happy!

Now I'm fighting the urge of ordering the Lycan amp. It looks really promising. Everyone, please post your impressions when you get it!

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #23 of 174
For those who preordered with the SSA opamp, there is something special included, the Supreme Sound Generation 5 opamp is being included.

I understand SSA will be contacting everyone in the near future for the final payment. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #28 of 174
Mine arrived also.  Haven't listened much other than to know it definitely has some output.

I went with the single Dual SSA discrete opamp as installed above.

In addition to including the power cable, a pair of interconnects are also included.  That was a surprise.

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #30 of 174
The manual is out on the webpage under the Technical Document tab.

http://www.ssaudio.com.au/lycan-op-amp-test-bench/

Right now I am shocked at the output level capabilities of this little amp.  I am driving my HE6 at maybe 10:30 o'clock on the volume knob with more than adequate volume.  The HE6 are using a 5 foot WyWires Red headphone cable plugged into a 10 foot Black Dragon extension.  

Currently I just have it hooked up to an older OPPO DVD player, which may be the limiting factor.  

This will be an interesting breakin process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back