supermono availability ?
Jul 25, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jink
Man, I was thinking of "returning" my superdual (that I haven't received yet) and purchasing a supermono, but the lack of rechargable power source is a bad thing to me.

Other than that, the new amp looks pretty impressive!

Quoted from Xin regarding SuperMono:

Use non-rechargable and rechargable AAA batteries. If rechargable batteries are used, they can be charged inside. 6-24V external power jack for optimal performance at home.

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Does look good. I'd sent an email about an ety cable along with some questions about the micro and mono but no response. Guess he doesn't check his email very often.
frown.gif

I think Xin is working very hard day and night on SuperMono now.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #18 of 37
this may be the portable amp I've been waiting to buy.

like others have said, I would want a different volume knob on it, but that I'm sure can be easily replaced by the user if absolutely needed. it would be cool though if xin would make it an aluminum knob as standard, or offer it as an option at least.

Jul 25, 2004 at 12:04 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smriti
I think Xin is working very hard day and night on SuperMono now.
wink.gif

In a thread Xin described how he worked on a new amp: I had pondered for a long time before I started tweaking it. When I had all the details of the concept in mind, I worked on it for days, 24 hours a day!

Jul 26, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
Xin said that he would make better quality volume knobs an add on option. This way he can keep the price on the superdual low.

nice.
biggrin.gif
thanks for the info.

and what's this about the superdual?
confused.gif
I hope you meant supermono, since I don't see adding a knob to the superdual as something someone can do other than for decorative purposes.

Jul 26, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #23 of 37
You think it looks like a real interesting prospect, and I agree! Now that you've all had a good look at it - what do you think it sounds like?

I don't see a DC input on that machine yet - must be something that will be worked into laster versions of it.

Jul 26, 2004 at 10:47 AM Post #25 of 37
Yeah, what do you think it is?
biggrin.gif

Tell us!

I say Xin's amps rock, (since I attached that din to my iPod I for the first time realized how great the supermicro really is), but this supermono looks *big*. And *eight* batteries?
eek.gif

Jul 26, 2004 at 11:08 AM Post #26 of 37
My bad - I do see the DC input, right beside the four toggle switches on the front. Its going to be a built up little machine with all three cords going in there at once.

Anyone care to illuminate give some insight to the internal shots? What are we seeing?

Jul 26, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Pardon my late (as usual) intrusion, but is the Supermono what I think it is?

Are you thinking it is what I think you're thinking it is?

Jul 26, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #30 of 37
HI: Come on guys. What do you think it is. LOL. I was hoping it would be a home amp. I asked XIN a while back to make a home amp and he recently told me I am making the amp that you asked for a while ago? I thought that was the super mono amp but I guess I am wrong. I would really like to hear a XIN home amp because of his genus I just know it would be a great amp and smaller that what is out there for a home amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back