Supermacro v3 crossfeed
post-1463794
Post #1 of 3

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the sound of the sm's crossfeed against headroom's amps or the meier cordas? I once had a headroom little more power and was annoyed by the bass hump the crossfeed gave to my hd580s before (saying before cause I no longer have this system). I've read in one of the reviews here that the cordas have a better crossfeed circuit because of this bass boost that he also didn't like too much in headroom's crossfeed. How does the SM's crossfeed sound?
I did like everything about the Headroom's crossfeed except for the bass smearing. Any comments?
I am looking to get a $300 dollar amp one of these days and was considering the sm for its upgradeability and good sound and the headroom micro for the great sound it's supposed to have and better looks. Even though i regretted getting the little, then wasting more money on the upgraded power supply with sound not improving much...( Even the 60hz hum didn't go away), I did like headroom's service and am willing to give them another try if backed up by good comments from reputable headfiers. If I can't get the answers i need, i will just get a cheap amp and be done with it. At least I won't be able to say i got $300 amp that sucked, again!

post-1464945
Post #2 of 3

RiderCoach

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
The crossfeed on the SM works very nicely. No bass hump. Sound that was at the 9 and 3 o'clock position is now at the 10:30 - 1:30 position. Most recordings sound more natural and "in front" of me with the crossfeed "Xinfeed" enabled. I use this switch a lot

post-1464971
Post #3 of 3

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I know that Xin has a XFeed plug module that you can get that will provide this feature in any amp. Link is:

http://www.fixup.net/products/index.htm

One could purchase one of these and compare their Headroom amps Xfeed with this plug. This is a passive design also, no power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)