Supermacro Battery problems
Jun 17, 2005 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Little J040

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok im in NJ for the weekend YAY! Englishtown.... Drag racing NHRA stuff.

Anyways my batteries in my supermacro arent working which kinda sucks cuz i brought my er-4s and my ipod to use at the track. Any ideas what it may be
???? i checked the rear battery connections, and they look in line. Swapped to alkalines and those didnt work either. Hopefully ill be able to use it this weekend DAMNIT

Jun 17, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040
Anyways my batteries in my supermacro arent working ... Swapped to alkalines and those didnt work either.

Sounds to me like it's your SuperMacro that's at fault, not the batteries. You could try cleaning the battery terminals (all 16 of them) carefully with a pencil eraser. There's not much else you can do before the weekend, I'm afraid.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 9
crap, i had a good day at the track today i smell like nitro methane
smily_headphones1.gif
. As far as the macro goes i took the front panel to snoop around and saw no signs of anything abnormal. I did notice however a battery connector on the board side was slightly **** eyed so i bent that back and, still it wont start up with just batteries. screw hopefully i can figure out what is wrong with this before the week starts!

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 9
Anyone have any other possibilities that could cause it to not work with batteries, ive ruled out that they are charged, because i used a fresh set of alkalines and still the same problem. This sucks.

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 9
Does it turn on with the charger in place running off of the wall wart instead of the batteries?

John

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 9
Yes the wall wart still works

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 9
Did you say it worked for a while on batteries and then quit? I don't remember. But it sounds like a contact issue, maybe. If the back tabs are sprung correctly and the internal ones are also and the batteries are in the correct placement, it would seem you will have to return the unit. I had a SM V1 that I had to bend the internal contacts out carefully to make good contact. I also had the batteries in wrong once but with the placement guide on the SM that shouldn't be an issue now.

John

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 9
hmmmm...this seems to be a reoccuring issue with the supermacro, as i remember a couple of posters have already posted threads about this very same issue...has anyone tried to contact Dr. Xin about this matter?

Jun 20, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 9
welp i seemed to have fixed it, i think the battery bars on the sides got a little outta whack. Might be the reason why it wasnt turning on. Its working again so i think ive found the issue. Just had to push the right bar a little to the left so that the batteries would line up better.

Thanks for your advice people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back