Superlux HD668B Stock or Modded? Post your mods here
Feb 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

ostewart

Reviewer at Sound Perfection Reviews
Formerly affiliated with HiFi Headphones
i have found some mods posted around, and it would be great just to have one thread with mods for Superlux HD668B instead of trawling through various threads searching. also please say how each mod affects the sound.

i would also like to know who kept theirs stock and who has modded theirs.

i cant wait to get mine to start modding.

post lots of pictures if you can

Regards

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 32
ok, had them for 2 weeks, loving them. So far ive taken the foam out thats in front of the driver, took the acoustic damper sticker off, recabled (very roughly till i get some good cable) put blu-tak inside the casing and on back of driver, took out the foam in front of the vent on the back and glued coins to the outside. I really enjoy these cans now, and listen to them as much as i can.

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 32
nice mods, im a bit of a treble head so i dont find the need to tone it down, and the bass for me is sufficent/tad bit too much sometimes.

I just bump up the mids with EQ a bit and they are good to go.

Regards

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 32

Quote:
nice mods, im a bit of a treble head so i dont find the need to tone it down, and the bass for me is sufficent/tad bit too much sometimes.
I just bump up the mids with EQ a bit and they are good to go.
Regards

Then the best mod for you will be remove the foam in front of driver, rise the pad with cotton, remove damping thin black paper at the cup hole than you will get more mid, treble, lower bass and incredible detail and soundstage.

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 32
done all that, i raised pads with some microphone cable, perfect height. It make them great removing foam and card.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #10 of 32
haha yes i did mod them, but im still going to get some van damme cable and recable them properly at some point. And maybe get some velours for them. Thanks, im really enjoying them.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 32
See my "Comfort Tweak" here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604787/superlux-hd668b-a-tweak-for-some-more-comfort

@Proid: thank you for your very useful suggestions! 
atsmile.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #12 of 32
did sock mod, and more cable under pads, more comfy now and bright green pads (still really want velours!!!)

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #13 of 32
nice comfort mods by the way! but i dont have a problem with the wings.

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #15 of 32
See this is why I made this thread, because mods are placed all over the place, they all need to be in 1 thread really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back