Superlux HD-681 EVO or Sony MDRXB650BT
May 3, 2018 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Prim8NChief

Head-Fier
Got my IEM taken care of. Now I am looking for a pair of budget over the ear headphones to use at home. I found these two for around $20. Does anyone have experience with either one of these? If you could recommend me one of the two that would be great. Or if there is a pair of over the ears that are better in the same price range let me know.

May 3, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Have not heard the SONY The Superlux is very solid with terrific sub bass. The only thing is if you have a large head, the clamp force will bee too much and it may hurt your head and jaw. Just FWIW. YMMV, of course. As always. A used Senn HD202 might also work. Maybe read about it and see what you think.

May 3, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Have not heard the SONY The Superlux is very solid with terrific sub bass. The only thing is if you have a large head, the clamp force will bee too much and it may hurt your head and jaw. Just FWIW. YMMV, of course. As always. A used Senn HD202 might also work. Maybe read about it and see what you think.

Man, that clamp force worries me. I had pair of the Sennheiser HD205s and I could not wear those for very long because of the clamp force.

I saw this video where you could bend the band at the top and make the clamp force less. Wonder how big of a difference that makes.

May 3, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Man, that clamp force worries me. I had pair of the Sennheiser HD205s and I could not wear those for very long because of the clamp force.

I saw this video where you could bend the band at the top and make the clamp force less. Wonder how big of a difference that makes.
I have done it and it helped quite a bit for me.---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back