Superlux has New Headphones: HD662MKII & HD681MKII
Mar 24, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #123 of 149
yesterday i recieved a pair of hd662f and have to say, they are amazing. not only for the price. they are the perfect hybrid of my all time favourites: k701 and srh940. i have yet sold these two just because the superlux is as good. i hope superlux will do an evo version of the "F" model too.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #124 of 149
After ~ 2 weeks of playing them off/on, they are quite formidable in the SQ department. Only downside is the low bass tends to have distortion that you don't hear from higher end headphones.  If it had 6 dB more at 20-40 Hz it would be my fav headphone.

Gear I can compare to/own : ultrasone hfi 780, Sony mdr 7506
The semi open is definitely different in that it sounds much "wider", the best way to describe it is to compare it to the ultrasones (similar freq response) except they are more engaging.  Yes, I do alternate between these and the 150-200$ ultrasones.  If you still haven't bought the Superlux 681's {evo}  from a sound standpoint, buy them.... but damn they are uncomfortable... Hopefully someone mods them and I can order new pads...

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #125 of 149
Quote:
yesterday i recieved a pair of hd662f and have to say, they are amazing. not only for the price. they are the perfect hybrid of my all time favourites: k701 and srh940. i have yet sold these two just because the superlux is as good. i hope superlux will do an evo version of the "F" model too.

@ "burn in in sig"  For these headphones it is night and day difference, try it and rate the headphones on 10 different categories as soon as you get them, then after 100 hours of burn in, I guarantee you rate them higher second time.  There is a mechanical change to the drivers during burn in, its not just buyers remorse :).

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #126 of 149
Quote:
 If it had 6 dB more at 20-40 Hz it would be my fav headphone.

but damn they are uncomfortable... Hopefully someone mods them and I can order new pads...

My 681 (non-evo) are sub-bass monsters if there is an accordingly bass in the music. How can you want more of it? This might mean that the evo's have weaker bass than the old ones?

I read the evo's are much more comfortable than the predecessors but it seems still not comfortable enough?

I really would love a comparison to the predecessors and the dt770.

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #128 of 149
I heard the Dt 770's at NAMM but they were hooked up to their fancy pre-amp/desktop amp combo so it obviously sounded amazing.  IMO it isn't on the DT 770 level (the evo 681) in the clarity, bass tightness (681 has noticeable low frequency distortion) and comfort categories but it is pretty darn close in spatialization and engagement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back