Superlux Express Train
Nov 24, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #511 of 1,352
Ooof. The 681 Evo look so amazing. IF they keep the sound quality at least as high, and have them look that good, while keeping them reasonably priced? I may start throwing them at people.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #512 of 1,352
Thanks SuperToast-er, for the look at the new MKII,  funny wasn't that long ago, that i was looking for good studio headphones, where you could have 10 pairs laying around and it did't break the bank, and was tired of the old 7506 s just awe-full for loud tracking, and the cheep 50$ AKG, just not up to par when you are tracking on a 50,000 desk, so i ran across the HD-660, and thought this may be a good headphone for tracking,  low and behold i could not find it anywho, so i called up the distributor, and gave me some dealers in the area, i called them up and they thought i was asking for a fragment from another planet, in the mean time i saw the HD-681 on ebay, and ordered one, was very impressed, comparing them to our AKG 240, so i called the rep back up, and said no luck on finding the HD-660, can i become a dealer, so this was our beginning venture in keeping the studio doors open,  we got a case of the 660, and sure enough, other then my small head, ( the Irish curse don't you know :~)  they were just great in the studio,  soon after, Avlex was discontinuing them, i am thinking why? i ordered all they had, they came in the Tenlux boxes. anywho,  i hounded the distributor to order me cases of other headphones, to no avail, so i called Heartbeat in Canada, and they were the nicest people, and would order us anywho we wanted, so now that Avlex has changed tunes, we can special order some items, so i will ck into the new MKII and see if the pied piper will toot his horn. i keep you posted if i am not boring you to death, see the tap ran dry on the APT 12 so i am having to drink coffee :~) ... the HD-668B really shines with a good head-amp,  and the stock 681  just great as is for mp3 low fi types, as is. 

We are happy to see the HD-662 MKII, the 662 is just a wonderful headphone, so much better then the 669,  to me the 662 should be up there in the top 3 low cost mod worthy cans. 

• A brand-new look, and a smoother, more neutral treble tone
• 50mm large diaphragm ensures accurate sound and great dynamic range
• Semi-open design for solid bass and airy highs
• Circumaural design for comfort during long work sessions
• Self-adjusting headband for great fit and maximum comfort
• Two color options: black and white

Why HD681 EVO?

Over 20,000 pairs of the first generation HD681 were sold by the biggest musical instrument on-line store in Germany and it’s still a hot sell, ranking 2nd in sales in the studio headphone category. The
HD681 is the most frequently read topic on the Rockgrotto.proboards.com audio forum based in the UK with over 82,000 hits. All these tell us that the sound of the HD681 and its reliability are approved by both professionals and music lovers, making the HD681 one of the best values in studio headphones. Now the brand-new look and smoother, more neutral treble tone of the second generation HD681 EVO are welcome improvements to its predecessor.

img_HD662EVO_m.jpg

HD662EVO
Professional Monitor Headphones

[size=11px !important]The highly successful HD662 delivers a deep, rich bass, and is well-balanced in high, mid and low frequencies. Its high resolution and natural sound has provided an extremely high value in monitoring headphones. Now the HD662 has been updated to its second generation, the HD662 EVO. Inheriting the sound profile of its predecessor while optimizing its appearance, the HD662 EVO meets the expectations of both professionals and music lovers for a high quality monitoring headphone.        CHeers Doyen Audiohipster Recording Studio 

​
[/size]

[size=11px !important]• 50 mm large diaphragm ensures accurate sound and great dynamic range
• Advanced closed-back design offering high noise insulation
• Circumaural design for comfort during long work sessions
• Self-adjusting headband for great fit and maximum comfort
• Two color options: black and white
[/size]

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #513 of 1,352
I revisited this thread today to ask about what would be an upgrade to the HD681 as it is my favorite headphone (I have/had HD555, HD595, SRH440 ZX700 etc) and there is a post about a mkII HD681!

I am VERY happy!

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #514 of 1,352
Guys,please,help! What are you using presets in Foobar EQ for Superlux HD 660? For me they are very harsh! Already was burn them about 100 hr and did "Damping mod". Please,write advanced eq switches

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #518 of 1,352
This seems like the thread for this.

I came across a headphone with Presonus branding on it, called the HD7. It basically is the HD681, but in blue instead of red. Anyone got any info on them? Will give them a listen if possible

Dec 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #519 of 1,352
Quote:
Guys,please,help! What are you using presets in Foobar EQ for Superlux HD 660? For me they are very harsh! Already was burn them about 100 hr and did "Damping mod". Please,write advanced eq switches

Yes the HD660 a bit harsh and treble happy, other than eq you could pair it with a smooth amp too

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #521 of 1,352
Hi!

I would like to buy a superlux online, I can not try it, so I need your help... for music, like Caro Emerald, Ryan Star, Mumford and sons, Leonard Cohen, Tom Jones and classics. From now on, i will use it with my macbook.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back