Superlux Express Train
Jan 27, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #1,216 of 1,352
  Here it's

http://www.superlux.com.tw/upload/function.product.info/file/2016-NAMM-pdf.pdf

Solderdude got some info that the HD662 Evo should be relesead soon, and the HD668BMKII nearly June/July.

Any info what will be the difference between the new models and old ones?

Also I recently bought velour pads for my 662f and the sound is really different and lackluster, anyone have this problem? Maybe someone could share some eq profile or something.
Cheers

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #1,217 of 1,352

Any info what will be the difference between the new models and old ones?

Also I recently bought velour pads for my 662f and the sound is really different and lackluster, anyone have this problem? Maybe someone could share some eq profile or something.
Cheers

Well not yet. 

About the 662f, AFAIK they already have less bass than the 662 "normal", and velour pads usually reduce and modify a lot the bass area... I think the best idea would be buying some sort of leather pads, the issue is that they're expensive... although I guess most of them should be better than this horrible stock earpads of the old Superluxes.

If you know someone who owns the HD681 Evo, check their non velour pads, IMO, better than the old ones from Superlux, maybe you can buy some for 10 bucks from someone near you

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #1,218 of 1,352
My Samson SR950 have velour pads, and they are quite bass light, but not to the point of lackluster.
Amazon Japan sells isk HD9999 leather earpads. Those will fit Superlux/Samson. I am trying to find cheaper alternative on taobao and aliexpress, but so far there's no result of the same diameter. Those pads are made in Japan i think 
http://wisetech.co.jp/brand/nobunaga/product/Accessory/headcushion.html 

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,219 of 1,352
The HD668BMKII looks sleek, it's like Superlux gets inspiration from the HD800 and blends it with their AKG design. The 3 blobs wing headband don't seem to be comfortable, at least on picture though.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,220 of 1,352
The HD668BMKII looks sleek, it's like Superlux gets inspiration from the HD800 and blends it with their AKG design. The 3 blobs wing headband don't seem to be comfortable, at least on picture though.

What is the MKII going to go for Toothless? The 668B's may be the best $40 audio bargain I've ever made!

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #1,221 of 1,352
Solderdude HD662 Evo review and mods are online!
Looks pretty good, and the mods are the easiest so far, probably a better buy than my HD 681 Evos.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3spkwew0f18083b/Superlux_HD662-EVO.pdf

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,222 of 1,352
Hello,
I need a new headset for gaming and i don't want to spend too much on it. Did some research and the Superlux HMC-681EVO (48€ on thomann.de) seems to be good the best compromise.

Anyone here got it and/or can compare it against headset like hyperx cloud I or headphones like Superlux 668B and Superlux 681 about the most important point for me : the soundstage, how good and precise you hear ennemies footsteps.

I also plan to buy an Asus Xonar DG because my onboard chipset is garbage with microphones (i have to boost up to +30db to be listenable and so on i supply terrible white noise for my mates).

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,223 of 1,352

Anyone here got it and/or can compare it against headset like hyperx cloud I or headphones like Superlux 668B and Superlux 681 about the most important point for me : the soundstage, how good and precise you hear ennemies footsteps.

I have the 668B's near-clone SR850.  It's more typical sounding than EVO.  EVO is bassier and warmer.  

SR850 doesn't lack bass.  Maybe lacks some sub-bass, maybe, but most headphones do.  EVO is a basshead can, relatively speaking.  If I eq the bass down a bit, it cleans up nicely while still being warm.  668b/SR850 is probably the one you would want for games.

Hyperx/Pro 80 is closed-back.  That's a big deal if you need isolation.  Stock Pro 80 doesn't have a very big soundstage, even for a closed headphone.  That can improve a lot with bigger ear pads, though it's still more left-right than height.  I've criticized the Pro 80's soundstage with its stock pads, but I have little problem with it (especially for a closed-back) with bigger pads. Its midrange is a bit recessed, so it kind of cheats at the soundstage that way, but that's another minor criticism, all things considered.  Hyperx may have bigger stock pads than Pro 80.  Not sure.

The non-EVO 681 is cheaper than all of these and would probably work well.  I've never heard one.  At the worst, might have to eq down the sub-bass since it's known to have a good amount.  The base version anyway.  The 681b version is more balanced.

Superlux also makes some closed headphones. I don't have any.

Xonar DG is really good for what should be a low price.  It's hard to do better for less than about twice as much.  There's not much else even in its price range. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,225 of 1,352
  Solderdude HD662 Evo review and mods are online!
Looks pretty good, and the mods are the easiest so far, probably a better buy than my HD 681 Evos.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3spkwew0f18083b/Superlux_HD662-EVO.pdf

I just saw that and I dont think so. Better to buy original HD662's and mod it. Myself I love 662F and its great after tuning it. I use equalizer filtering and physical mod to  lower resonance. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #1,226 of 1,352
Removed the coarse foam behind the driver baffle on my 681 Evos today. The foam makes a annoying noise even with the slightest vibration from the jaw etc. I have also removed the thick foam over the driver. 

Now they are nice and detailed. Rather bright but not to much. Should have done this years ago :) Now i can use them.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,230 of 1,352
HD662EVO's measurements https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brand-superlux/

I wonder why they made this model. 

And my latest Equalizer APO GUI config for HD662F: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98922490139701715259

Users who are viewing this thread

Back