Superlux Express Train
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,202 of 1,352
  so will the size be alright on the brainwavz? i checked it up and it seems really nice ye

Size is ok. But those lower bass. Probably you are fine if you make some mod to those. I recommend paper donut under the pads.And do some sweep test on low frequencies. http://www.audiocheck.net/audiofrequencysignalgenerator_sweep.php

http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/67/6714a7ed_hd330_akg_dt_pads.png

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #1,204 of 1,352
ouch they do? I find the bass to be already pretty low on the 662fs. clear but quite low.

662F's have right amount bass. Thats why its not good idea lower it. Slightly saturated high bass but it not big deal. I have made equalizer apo gui config för those cans. See my older post in this thread.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #1,205 of 1,352
Do the real AKG's use the elastic head band? I'm afraid my Samson SR950 head band would not survive a few months of use 
confused_face.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,209 of 1,352
Do the real AKG's use the elastic head band? I'm afraid my Samson SR950 head band would not survive a few months of use :confused_face:

Yes they do. But when it wears out (it will take a tad longer than a few months :p more like years) you can simply get a replacement elastic part.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,212 of 1,352
I've found out that my ATH-m70x and Sennhesier Amperior sound better than any of the 5 Superlux models I've owned. Granted you can buy 9 pairs of Superlux for the price of the AT and 5 pairs of Superlux for the price of the Amperiors. Even though the price of the AT are 9x more than Superlux, the AT do not sound 9x better.

The AT have that shimmer and airiness that the Superlux do not. This is not something that can be corrected by eq. Trying to turn up the frequencies the Superlux seems to lack, increases grain and shrillness. The AT make all the Superlux models sound grainy by comparison. The Superlux also sound grainy when compared to the Amperiors.

However, when I first got into the Superlux train, my signal chain wasn't all that great. In the process of upgrading to higher end cans, I've also upgraded my sources (digital source and DAC + amp).

Superlux was a great introduction to the world of head-fi for me - and the entry price was very low. It was a gateway headphone for me.

I still have Superlux as monitoring headphones for use by the public when they need monitoring. I still give Superlux as gifts to those who have been using not so great cans.

I'd generalize by saying Superlux are great cans for under $100 (and they only cost around $35), but move a little higher, and it's a different tier and class. There are better sounding cans than Superlux for upwards of $150 - but they don't sound 4x better (less than 2x better actually) - and there are some pretty awful sounding headphones up there too - that others swear by. I tend to swear at them.

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,215 of 1,352
Here it's

http://www.superlux.com.tw/upload/function.product.info/file/2016-NAMM-pdf.pdf

Solderdude got some info that the HD662 Evo should be relesead soon, and the HD668BMKII nearly June/July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back